‹ Prequel: My Angel in Disguise
Status: Finished- Thank you all for everything!

Angels

Goodbye

*****
(Teegan's POV)

It was a week later that I was being faced with the horrible reality of burying Chester today. Val had helped me with the cemetery and the service planning while Mike and Zacky helped me with everything else. They went with me to have his will read. It was the worst day of my life today. Chester had made changes to it after we had gotten married, saying that everything including the house and all possessions go directly to me after he's gone. So it was obvious to everyone that my life was meant to continue on without him. But that still didn't make it any easier for me. I cried continually on end for majority of the day. Looking at his lifeless body just about broke me into a million pieces that I had to be escorted out of the church. No one really knows the heart breaking pain of losing someone until they're staring down at them in a casket. He looked so handsome, so peaceful. He had a smile on his face, which hauntingly enough must have meant he was at rest wherever he may be.

When I had finally pulled myself together enough, I went back inside and stood near his casket, taking ahold of his cold hand. His ring was still on his finger, perfectly untouched. "I love you so much baby. I promise I will do my best to keep going on. But I just wish you were here, so badly. We had so many plans, so many ideas for the future. I never thought they wouldn't include you, my love. You're my soulmate Chester. You once asked me to promise you that I'll always love you and I said I would, I meant it. I will never stop loving you. I will never take off my ring. I am yours forever. You are my forever. Sleep tight my angel, I will see you again." I bent down and pressed a kiss to his lips for one final time before I rushed away in tears, not able to take anymore.

I had his service broadcast over the internet, because I wanted the fans and all those who couldn't make it be able to mourn in their own way. I couldn't count the number of messages I had recieved from people all over the world, all of them speaking of how much Chester made an impact on their lives, how his music saved countless kids from suicide, how much they loved and cared for hkm. How they all wished they could have done more to save their idol in return. It hurt to read how people truly were so devastated as I was, but that was just the impact that Chester left. I kept the gravesite burial strictly private to the few hundred of us. Mike had sang the chorus from 'Where'd You Go?' from his Fort Minor album, Matt and the guys had did 'Seize the Day', and Val had sang a beautiful piece of 'Amazing Grace'. I was grateful for all their help and support, but it still wasn't the same. I wanted my husband, I wanted him here with me. It hurt me so bad that the only time I got to physically see him again was at the funeral. I had people give me gifts, my favorite one being a giant portrait of Chester singing done in charcoal and pencil.

I was thankful for everyone that had come and paid their respects, I told them all how much they meant to him. Mike and his wife gave me endless amounts of hugs and told me that they would always be there for me whenever I needed anything. "You'll always be a part of our family Teegan, don't hesitate to call." I cried hearing them say that, so happy that they wanted me to remain in their lives. I always knew him and Chester were the closest, so I had given Mike a special made locket necklace that had a picture of the two of them tucked away inside. I've never seen him cry harder in my life than when Chester had passed and when he opened it. We hugged tight, promising to always stay in touch. The entire service had went off without any problems and I was truly happy I was able to honor my love of my life the way that I did.

After everything was finished, Zacky had drove me home and helped me bring everything inside. He put up the portrait for me over the big t.v in the living room, staring right at me as I walked in the front door. "Thank you, Zack. It's beautiful. Listen I'm really tired, but I think I wanna try staying up there tonight. Do you think-" He put his hand up with a smile. "I'll be down here if you need me. Goodnight, Tee." I pulled him into a light hug, pressing a quick peck to his cheek. "Goodnight, Zee." I took in a deep breath before heading up the stairs slowly. When I reached our room, I swallowed hard as I opened the door. I stepped in carefully, stopping at the closet. I picked out one of Chester's shirts to sleep in and a pair of his shorts before I climbed into the bed, trying my hardest to keep his side preserved as it was left. I laid my head on the pillow, tears immediately running down my face as I tried to close my eyes. I shifted to my left side, staring at the empty space beside me. I rubbed my hand softly over his pillow, exhailing a shaky breath. "I miss you so much Chester. Please just see me one more time tonight, please."

(Zacky's POV)

I felt a sharp pain in my chest as I watched her slowly climb the stairs up to her bedroom. I knew these last days were the hardest for her, especially today, but I know she was doing her best to remain as strong as she could. I knew she didn't want me to leave her, because she almost always came back down and needed to talk or someone to hold and comfort her while she cried. I know she misses him, wishes he could come back. To be honest I just wished there was some way she could have some sort of closure. Someway to know that he was okay and that he wanted her to keep going. I prayed long and hard, something I never do, that some miracle would happen and he would appear to her in a dream tonight as she tried to sleep.

I hoped that by me sticking around and helping her out she would realize that she needed someone to be there for her at all times and I was determined to be jist that person.

I know that I can't rush anything yet, but I truly hope this will help finally bring us closer again.

(Teegan's POV)

"You can't sleep all day long, we have things to do. Get up, sleepy head." Chester kept trying to wake me up for the fifth time this morning. We had just spent an entire night out celebrating Mike's birthday and I was exhausted. But he insisted we go to the zoo and look at all the animals. "If I get up, will you get off?" I chuckled as he laid himself down on top of me. "Mmm that depends, can I get a kiss first?" I sighed deeply, trying to wiggle my way from underneath him. "Fine, you can have one." I grumbled as he leaned down and pressed a soft kiss to my lips before getting off me slowly. "See, now was that so bad?" I rolled my eyes playfully at him, shaking my head. "You're so lucky I love you." He smiled at me taking my hand in his. "You're right, I am lucky. Your my forever." I couldn't help but to look at him in awe as he made my heart do backflips. "Chester Bennington, you sir know how to make my heart melt." I said before shoving him back onto the bed and attacking him kisses, a smile never once leaving my face.

When I suddenly opened my eyes I realized that I wasn't on my side of the bed anymore, I was on Chester's. It was 3 in the morning when I glanaced at the clock. As I tried to scoot back over carefully to my side, my phone had decided to turn on the media player and out came 'The Messenger' at full volume. I desperately tried to turn it off or at least down, but it had a mind of its own. "Remember you're loved and you always will be. This melody will bring you right back home." sang Chester's voice, the same line repeating over and over for a full two minutes until it stopped out of nowhere, completely going dead. I tried to scream or make any sort of sound but instead I just cried. I hugged his pillow tightly in my grasp, sobbing quietly to myself.

I knew that it was a sign from Chester. It had to be. There was no other logical way to explain what happened. "Baby, if that was your way of saying goodbye to me, thank you. You don't know how badly I needed that. Now I know you're always here with me."
♠ ♠ ♠
Another sad and hard one for me to write..I honestly haven't stopped crying since the last two chapters! I promise there will be tons more to this..Zacky will come to play a lot next..so thank you all for being patient, I love you all greatly! Your support and feedback means everything to me!