Status: The Strange case of Mr. Hyde from Once Upon a Time

The Strange Case of Mr Hyde and His Assistant

Chapter 4 - Mr. Hyde

“Open the door”David told the lady at the desk in the basement office.
She swiped the card and I heard a loud unlock noise
“10 minutes”He said and when the door opened I saw Hyde, laying on his bed, his hands behind his head, and eyes closed. When he heard the door, they opened and saw me
“Jessica”He said surprised, standing up right away. The door closed behind me and I smiled
“Hello Mr.Hyde”I said with a smirk.
“What are you doing here?”He asked as I stood before him
“You said I wouldn’t be in that cage for long and next thing I know I’m waking up alone in a new world in the woods!Thank goodness I was in my brother’s world!He gave me something that would help him find me a long time ago and he took me into town..Hyde you didn’t tell me you were gonna do this…”I said looking up at him sadly.
“Suddenly you think I’m obligated to discuss my plans with you?If memory serves, and it always does, you are my assistant..not my-”He stopped looking at my hurt face. I pulled out the bracelet with the doe head charm on it.
“Is that all I am to you...Mr.Hyde..so this bracelet...it meant nothing?”I said longingly. He gently reached up and touched my cheek and closed his eyes for a moment.
“It was your birthday..I didn’t want you to be sad..I never wanted you to feel as if you were a prisoner…” I blushed as he put his forehead to mine...My heart threatened to burst out of my chest…
“You know...you mean...much more to me..than an assistant...but I can not give you what you want… everything I love...turns to ashes...and all because of that bastard Jekyll….”He said taking his hand away angrily
“Hyde...I can break you out of here later you know..you don’t need to do this alone.. I want to help you..you know why I want to help you kill him”I whispered gently touching his chest. He inhaled deeply...as if he enjoyed my touch
“Trust me...I’ll make sure he suffers a great deal for the things he’s done to the both of us… but Jessica you don’t need to do anything...I’m right where I want to be...stop worrying...don’t you want to spend time with your niece..Gracie was it?”Hyde asked looking down at me..he remembered…
“You..remembered my nieces name..”I said smiling up at him. He rolled his eyes
“Foolish girl..Why wouldn’t I?You confided in me you wanted to come here to see the only family you have...so naturally I saw it to be fate that those people came to our world..you told me how peaceful it was here and I believed you...I wanted to see it for myself”Hyde said looking me in the eyes. I got goosebumps whenever we met eye to eye…
“I just...didn’t think you took that much interest in the silly things I say...and aside from all that,you can’t exactly see it’s beauty from in here...I don’t want to leave you here in this dusty damp basement”I said looking down a bit.
“I couldn’t ask for a better assistant….but please...let me go…this is out of your hands and I don’t need you right now...”He said softly. I felt my heart breaking then and there… he didn’t need me...
“You don’t..need me?I spent 3 years of my life working for you...trying to help you break free from Jekyll and rid of him forever and you...you saved my life to begin with...how can I just...turn my back on you..how can you turn your back on me for that matter? I’ve been with you through all of this and you’re just...letting me go?!”I said as I let a few tears escape. He looked at me with sadness. He stepped up to me and moved inches from my face, wiping tears from my eyes. My heartbeat quickened...and my face grew red.
“I told you the first day you became my assistant...I needed help with my work..I told you everything was to remain platonic...you didn’t heed my warning….I can’t help that I’m quite charming”He said smirking but I pushed him back angrily.
“I never said I was in love with you!”I said getting pissed.
“Neither did I”He said with an even bigger smirk. I stood there baffled….idiot…my face got bright red.I put my head down trying to hide my face.
“I...Well I’m..Im no-”
“Don’t insult my intelligence Jessica...it’s written all over your face...I’ve seen that look before...that desperate..longing look…you want me to kiss you right now don’t you...you...desire me”He said smirking. I turned my back to him in anger
“You think my feelings are funny? Is this a game to you?If you’re just going to toy with me then you can rot in-”
He pulled me back and pulled me against his chest. I gasped in shock
“I can’t give you what you want Jessica..what you feel is nothing more than lust and curiosity… until I kill him I can’t lose focus on the task at hand..no matter...how much..my mind wants to wander”He said inching closer and closer to my lips. I couldn’t let him keep toying with me..I wouldn’t allow it.
“Lust?Curiosity...that faded only months after I was hired under you… I was clearly a fool for even thinking I’d die for you if need be...I won’t throw my life away for someone who just thinks of me as a tool…I guess I quit..”I said sadly. His eyes widened
“You quit? You’re acting like a child...you can’t have your way so you wish to just quit being my assistant?There are tasks at hand that I need your help wi-”
“Then find a new assistant!”I snapped turning to him with tears flowing… my heart was turning hard….a hole was forming...
He was shocked at my sudden outburst
“Why are you suddenly acting like this?This isn’t like you”Hyde said gripping my shoulder and looking me in the eyes. I glared at him and swatted his hand away.
“You still look at me like a kid...I see can that Hyde! I’m not anywhere close to a child!We’re the same god damn age if you hadn’t noticed but if you want to do this alone then I wish the best when Jekyll gets what he wants….I just hope I don’t caught in the crossfire of YOUR mess”I yelled poking his chest with a bitter sadness. I turned on my heel and stepped to the door
“Jessica…”He started but stopped himself, closing his eyes and looking away
“Forget it”He said with anger in his quiet voice.
“That’s what I thought…”I said as I turned but he grabbed my wrist
“What do you want me to say...I need your help from outside of this place”He said looking at me but I laughed through my tears.
“Are you kidding me?! Do you not get it?!I can’t work with you feeling like this Hyde!I can’t do it! Everytime I look at you I…”I stopped myself and turned. It wasn’t worth expressing to him.. He never would return my feelings. I understood that now...
“I wish you the best...Goodbye..”I said feeling tears well up in my eyes as I went for the door
“Jessica wait-”
“There’s nothing left to say..but I suggest you start putting in ads now for Evil villain’s assistant now so you get a new one fast..”I said knocking on the door. The door made and unlock noise. I turned to Hyde one last time. He went to walk to me but the chains stopped him
“So it’s going to be like that then..”He asked coldly. I stared back just as cold letting the last few tears he'd see me cry, fall down my face.
“I suppose...it is”I said sadly and with that walked out. David and Emma looked at me. I wiped my eyes quickly as they exchanged looks of worry and confusion
“Uh-” Emma started but I cut her off.
“It’s fine!I’m fine!I um..I just..wanna go home now”I said looking down with a fake smile.
“Jess...you probably don’t get this alot..but come here”Emma said than pulled me in a hug. I still tried my hardest to hold my tears in...I didn’t like showing my weakness in front of people.
I quickly pulled back in fear of exploding in tears
“Um...thank you… I quit my job with Mr.Hyde...but..I have to go now..is that alright?”I said. David’s jaw dropped and Emma’s eyes widened
“You..you quit?I heard yelling from you in there..are you sure you’re alright?I’ve seen that look before”Emma said gently holding my shoulders. I smiled totally faking like nothing was wrong.
“Yeah...I’ll be fine..he’s just...on his own now”I said looking back at the door I just came out from...
“He’s an idiot for that...I’m gonna go in and talk to him, but Killian can you take her home?” Emma looked to Killian as he was just walking in
“Aye, now problem, come on lass”Killian said and I followed him out.