Status: A work in progress.

Unorthodox Paradox

Ian

Ian ran a hand through his hair as he sighed heavily. He knew what he was getting himself into. He knew that the twins were bad. But that didn't stop the desire he had to aid these lost tormented souls. This was the day he would meet them for the first time face to face. The twins had sent all of San Francisco into a frenzy. Because of their opposing ways, they had dawned the monikers of the infamous duo, Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. One could never be truly prepared for exactly how devious both brothers were. Closing the file, Ian took his seat before looking towards the door as it opened slowly with a creak. One of the guards had brought in Huxley Bradshaw, also know as Hyde. Ian watched the eyes of the other as they came to meet his own. The other's eyes were brown, they held something so dark, the night sky would even be envious.

“Huxley. “ Ian said with a light nod, acknowledging the other's presence.

“It's just Hux. “ Hux quickly corrected before spitting onto the office floor, a sideways grin making its home on his face.

“Hey! We won't be having any of that here.” The security guard stated.

His smirked some before replying. “Yes sir” Hux said with sarcasm lacing his voice, the male tried to raise his hand to add a salute to his earlier comment but the chains on his wrists and feet decided otherwise.

“Tell me about Rex Templeton. “ Ian asked before looking up to the boy across the room. That was Jekyll and Hyde’s first victim. He was discovered bound and gagged with his own genitals in his mouth. Ian had then noticed that Hux wasn't paying attention, perhaps he was thinking back to that time. “Huxley?” Ian called out lowly.

Huxley then snapped his head towards the other, his mind coming back to the present reality. “What about that son of a bitch?” Hux replied as he raised an eyebrow, looking back at Ian.

“What made you guys kill him?” Ian pondered aloud.

“What made you become a head doctor?” Hux countered with a tilt of his head, a challenging tone in his voice.

Ian inhaled deeply, seeing quickly how the rest of the day was going to play out.

“I didn't like him. So he had to go. “ Hux said with a shrug of his shoulders.

Ian looked down at his notepad that laid in his lap before taking a note. “And what about Lia Bradshaw?” He then asked looking up from his notepad. Ian could've sworn he saw the other's eyes turn as red as his hair.

“I'm done talking. “ Hux responded. It was short and abrupt. The taunting manner the male held earlier was now a stranger left in the past.

Ian rubbed the bridge of his nose before gesturing to the guard. “You can bring the other one in now. He's not going to say anything more. "

A few moments later, one twin was replaced with the other. Jed Bradshaw had been brought in. By how he entered into the room, one could tell that his demeanor was substantially different then that of his brother's. After Jed took his seat, Ian turned the page and wrote Jed’s name at the top of the page. “Jed, I need you to tell me what happened to Rex Templeton. “

Jed began to bite his finger nail. Looking past Ian with a distant gaze, he began to speak. “It wasn't my fault. It was Huxley. “ He spoke, his own voice barely above a whisper.

Ian raised a brow at how quickly the boy blamed his brother. Maybe this is what they had worked out, Huxley would take the fall. Perhaps Jedidiah was too fragile for what lurks behind prison walls. “Your fingerprints were found on the knife that was used. “ Ian responded.

“It wasn't my fault!” Jed yelled out, gripping the sides of his head as he rocked back and forth. The sudden outburst caused a guard to come over with a needle.

Ian quickly raised his hand to stop the guard. “It's alright. “ He stated before looking back to Jed. “Jedidiah, just tell me what happened. “ Ian spoke calmly a means to de-escalate the situation. Jed dropped his hands and looked down to the ground. Cupping his knees to his chest. He continues to rock back and forth. “It all started when we were six…”