Status: A work in progress.

Unorthodox Paradox

Jedidiah

April 8th, 2002...

It hasn't rained in a week. In fact, that specific day had been quite sunny. Lia Bradshaw had the idea to take a family picnic was her twin sons had returned home from school. In the process of making the sandwiches, the front door had opened and pulled Lia's attention away from her task. As she approached, she could hear the shuffling of feet. It was her children and husband. Looking at the young boy's expression, she knew something was wrong. She could just feel it. Jed was the first of the trio to speak.

"Huxley got hurt. " He said.

Lia looked up to her husband, a questioning look on her face, before turning to Huxley. "What happened? She asked as she kneeled before Huxley, examining his face. She was then able to see the harsh red outline of a hand on the pale cheeks of the boy. She then looked back up to her husband.

"When I got to the school the teacher told me that he is two weeks behind in his school work. " Malaki, Kai for short, briefly explained. Folding his arms across his chest, he continued. "That is a part of his punishment. " He then finished.

Lia looked back to Huxley and sighed to herself before telling the boys to go to their room. "I packed a picnic basket for us. I figured it would be a nice change of pace for dinner. " She finished, going to wash her hands so that she can go over the contents of the basket once more.

"Huxley won't be eating. " Kai stated.

It was an unfortunate situation for the Bradshaw family. Their mother, for lack of better words, had been under the spell of their father Malaki. Whatever he said goes. Lia knew that her sons were being abused in everyway imaginable, and she tried to stop him. Physically and by calling the authorities. The latter only lead to her almost dying. Malaki promised that he wouldn't kill the boys granted she'd never leave him, yet he will treat them how he pleases. The couple had eventually came to an unusual agreement.


Jedidiah stopped speaking for a moment as memories from his childhood came to the forefront, memories he tried so hard to keep pushed deep down.

Ian looked up from his notepad and looked at the male before him. He saw that Jed had been staring blankly. "Jedidiah?" He pondered aloud softly before continuing. "What happened next?"

Jedidiah slowly turned his head as his attention was brought back to Ian. "Father tried to make a baby with Huxley. "

The words spoken caused Ian to freeze. The cruelty of what was said caused a silence to fill the air. Pedophilia was always something that was beyond Ian's comprehension, yet Jed somehow managed to keep a slither of his innocence. Perhaps it was because of how young they were when the trauma started. Sighing heavily, Ian gathered his composure enough to continue. "Was your father always like this? Or did it happen suddenly?" He then asked.

Jed looked away for a moment as he entered thought. "He always hit mother. Huxley said he shouldn't. So he didn't and started hitting Huxley. "

Ian wrote down more things in his notes before looking back to Jed. "Did anyone know, aside from your mother, that Huxley was getting hit?"

Jed nodded lightly. "Mr. Templeton knew. "

"And who was he to you?"

"He was the judge."

"So this went to trial then?"

Jed nodded before continuing. "He was also dad's friend. He had lots of money. Huxley says that's why father's not in jail. " Jed explained.

"I see. So that's why you guys killed Rex Templeton. " Ian stated before writing some more. "Tell me about Ashley Connors." Ian then asked.

Jed began shaking his head violently. "No! No! No!" The younger male screamed out. He began banging his hands against his head, spit began to fall from his mouth as his emotions took hold.

"Jedidiah!" Ian called out. Dropping his notebook and pen, Ian reached out and grabbed Jed's hands. "You're safe here, Jed. I promise, nothing is going to happen to you. "

Looking up to meet Ian's eyes, Jed stopped screaming. His voice then came out horse as he spoke between sobs. "Huxley says I'm not supposed to talk about her. Not again. "
♠ ♠ ♠
Feedback welcomed and appreciated.