Aurora Borealis

IV: Pray for the Wicked on the Weekend

Jack took the empty seat next to Alex, leaning forward a bit. Alex kept his face looking the other direction, trying to ignore the good-looking man's presence. He refused to give in to any temptation the man had to offer him, and so the best route to follow was to just ignore him. Jack didn't notice, and if he did, he clearly didn't have much concern for it. He continued his efforts to persuade Alex nonetheless.

"Hey there stranger." he greeted, a presumptuous smirk etching it's way on to his face. "You come here often?"

Alex, forgetting about the thought he'd just had, looked at him and scoffed. A frown had formed on his mouth and his eyebrows were furrowed together. "Is that the best you can come up with?" He reproached.

Jack shifted a bit in his seat, a little taken aback by Alex's nerve. In Florida, he usually got his way with whoever he wanted with little effort. Left and right, people fell for his charm, looking passed his sly smirk and mischievous eyes. Even though he was the black sheep of his hometown, he had quite a different reputation inside of the local bar. Unsuspecting men and women alike fell for his good lucks and how naturally alluring he was. He was like a magnet: people were just simply drawn to him, as long as they were drunk or desperate enough. He'd never had to deal with someone like Alex before. He never had to deal with someone so... so... resistant and cold. But he didn't lose his confidence. No, Alex's attitude only drove him to continue. He would get his way. He always got his way.

"No it's not." He admitted, still smirking arrogantly. "It's the best I could think of in just a few seconds. Wasn't expecting to see you here. Truthfully, I'm glad you're here, 'cause I was hoping to see you again."

Alex furrowed his eyebrows together again, this time in confusion and surprise. "Really?" He said, a bit perplexed. He couldn't understand why, since he'd only ever tried to make it clear that he wasn't interested.

"Yeah, you took off earlier without telling me what time the art show was, or where it is, really."

"I told you it's at the Iqaluit Fine Arts Studio."

"I'm new to town." Jack explained. "I don't know where that is. Also, I still don't know when it is."

The brunet wasn't quite sure how to respond to that, so he avoided it altogether. He tore his gaze away from the man in front of him, and instead settled to stare at his drink. Jack had managed to somehow pin him in a corner he wasn't expecting to get trapped in. He was trying his best to avoid giving the captivating man the details he needed to attend his art show. However, at this rate, he didn't feel like he had much of a choice. He hoped that if he just ignored him, Jack would let it go and abandon his efforts. But Alex was having no such luck. As he kept his eyes focused on the alcoholic contents of his glass, he could feel Jack's own eyes burning a hole through the side of his face. Alex sighed, took a large gulp of his drink, and then turned to meet Jack's focus.

"It's next Saturday," he informed him, "starting at noon, ending at 5. The address is 1127 Mivvik street."

Jack nodded, showing that he understood. The rest of the night went by slowly for Jack, but Alex seemed to become more and more ignorant of time passing as he became increasingly intoxicated. Eventually, his mind was so influenced by alcohol, the brunet didn't seem to have any trouble conversing with Jack at all. He was suddenly less shy, less crude, and a lot less awkward. When Jack stood from his stool to stand closer to Alex, the younger didn't seem to notice, and if he did, he was too far gone to care. When Jack rested his hand on Alex's back, he made no reaction. It wasn't until Jack's hand started to move lower and lower that the brunet suddenly noticed that Jack was touching him. Alex looked up at him, his eyes looking dazed and clouded.

"What are you doing?" He asked. He didn't sound disgusted or scared.

Jack shrugged, nonchalantly. "Resting my hand on your back." He said simply. "Is that ok, lovely?"

Alex ignored the pet name, and didn't answer Jack's question. Their eyes were locked on each other, and the brunet was observing traits of Jack's face he hadn't noticed previously. His nose was considerably large and crooked, but it somehow seemed to suit him really well. His eyes were such a dark brown that they were nearly black, almost as black as his hair. His eyebrows were bold and dark, much like the rest of him, and his smile appeared crooked. Alex also noticed that Jack seemed to suddenly be closer to him, and kept inching forward. The hand that was on his lower back was now on his neck, and the artist couldn’t help but hold his breath.

Abruptly, Jack stopped moving forward. He wasn’t quite close enough to kiss the brunet, or for Alex to reach and kiss him, but the younger of the two swore he could feel Jack’s hot breath fan over his face. For some reason he felt disappointed that the older man wouldn’t close the gap between them, but he felt even more embarrassed that he wished he would. Not even an hour ago, Alex never wanted to see the charming yet cunning stranger again. But now that he was so close to him, and his hand was on his neck while the other rested on his upper thigh, and with his mind clouded with the toxic influence of alcohol, he felt like he no longer cared.

Suddenly Jack was whispering to him, right in his ear. His voice sent a shudder down his spine. “What if we took this somewhere else.” He suggested, the hand that was on the brunet’s thigh now inching further north. “Maybe to your place? If that’s ok with you.”

Jack saw how meek and yielding Alex was under his touch, and so to better his luck, he kissed him on a sensitive area behind his ear. He heard the younger gasp and felt him tense, but he made no move to make the older man stop. Instead, he nodded his head, and grabbed his hand. Jack followed Alex to the door, but the brunet stopped to talk to Aputi before he left.

“I’m going home,” he slurred. She looked at Alex strangely, ‘til she noticed that Jack was right behind him. She recognized the man as the one who had previously been checking Alex out, and she smirked knowingly. She shook her head, pretending to disapprove, but chuckled lightly.

“Whatever, just be careful. Use protection, and if anything happens, call me. Most importantly, have fun!” She called, as the two men left the Storehouse together.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys, happy weekend! Are you celebrating mother’s day this weekend? If so, what are your plans?

My sincerest apologies that this chapter is so short and badly written. I don’t quite know what’s missing from it, but I’ve definitely done better. I’m a little paranoid about boring you guys with too much description that doesn’t advance the plot. I hope I made up for it with some drunken Jalex? :)

As always, thank you for reading. I hope you enjoyed it and, if you please, comment to tell me what you think! Adíos!