‹ Prequel: Here We Go Again
Status: This is the sequel of Here We Go Again as well as the third and final installment for this series.

Third Time's a Charm

Chapter 1

Nicole


When I said that nothing was going to get in the way of Will and I's relationship, apparently, we didn't count in one little factor; Will's family. Specifically, his parents.

Will had won over my family easily, but now, I had to win over his parents. This was Will's family we were talking about though. These were the people that raised Will to be the man he was today. And if they were anything like him, then this task was easier said than done. We weren't exactly prepared for this or what life threw at us, but we sure as hell were going to try to make it work.

Image


"Hey, Will?" I asked him as I packed my clothes. We were currently in my apartment in England. We had just flown back in from our Christmas break yesterday.

"Hm?" he hummed as he sat down on my bed and watched me.

"Your parents know about me, right?"

"Yes, of course."

"And they're okay that you broke up with Annabella to be with me?" He furrowed his eyebrows before he replied.

"To be honest, I don't know. They really liked Ann."

"So you think they won't like me then?" I asked. I wasn't necessarily angry, but more concerned.

"I didn't say that," Will said. "But don't expect them to instantly like you either. It's going to take some time to get on their good side."

"Oh no," I started in horror. "please don't tell me it's going to be like when I first met you? It's genetic then!" I threw my hands up in the air as I sat on my bed. "It took forever to get you to like me!" He chuckled as he scooted closer to me.

"You'll be fine," he said as he draped his arm over me. "As long as I'm there with you, you'll be fine."

"But what if they really don't like me?" I asked as I looked at him. I watched as his lips curled up into a smile.

"Then we'll elope into the sunset and never look back," he said.

"You're so lame!" I said as I pushed him onto the bed. He wrapped his arms around my waist and brought me down with him. I giggled as he rolled me over to lay on his chest.

"But really, Will," I started as I stopped laughing and leaned my chin on his chest. "what if they don't like me?" His facial expression softened as he looked at me.

"It doesn't matter what my parents think." He ran his fingers through my hair before he spoke again. "It doesn't matter what they think, because I love you. And if they can't accept that, then too bad." I felt my lips start to form a big smile. I pursed my lips before I spoke up.

"Say it again," I said with a goofy smile. Will rolled his eyes, but there was a smile on his face.

"Nicole," he started. I felt my stomach fill with butterflies as he said my name. "I love you. And nothing my parents can say or do will make me stop loving you." He lightly brushed his knuckles against my cheek before he planted a kiss on my lips.

"I love you too, Will," I said when I pulled away from him. As soon as those words left my mouth, his lips were back on mine in a heated kiss. He had his hand on the back of my head and held me firmly in place. He flipped us over so he was now on top of me.

"But what if-" I started when I managed to pull away from him.

"Blimey!" Will exclaimed as he pulled away from me completely. He rolled off me and laid down next to me. "Way to ruin the moment! Let it go!" He ran his fingers over his face and then through his hair as he groaned.

"I'm worried!" I said as I leaned on him and rested my hand on his chest. "I really want your parents to like me..." I said quietly as I began to trace small circles on his chest with my fingertips. I felt his body react to my light touch.

"Love, really," Will said. "You'll be fine. Trust me." I sighed before I replied.

"Okay," I finally said as I leaned my head against his chest.

It was three days after Christmas and three days before New Year’s. Will had suggested that I finally meet his parents, so he planned a trip to visit them for the weekend before we came back to my apartment to spend New Year’s Eve with our friends.

We had only gotten back together a few weeks ago, so of course I was nervous. Not only that though, this was Will's parents and that was a big deal for me. Of course I was going to worry if they liked me or not.

I pushed myself up from Will before I continued to pack my bag.

We left shortly after I finished packing a small suitcase for the weekend. Will had told me to pack a semi-nice dress, because on Saturday, we were going to have a formal dinner with his parents. Apparently, his parents really liked to do that kind of thing. Often. So I did what he told me to and packed one of my dresses.

The car ride to his parents' house took nearly forty minutes. I had heard about his place only once before when Chris told me about their car accident. His house was secluded with a long dirt road leading up to his house with lots of trees, just like Chris said it was. He failed to mention though that once you get to the house, it wasn't necessarily a house, but instead a mansion. I wouldn't be surprised to find that the Queen of England was living here too. Well, I actually would be surprised, but that wasn't the point. The point was that Will lived in a fucking mansion!

My jaw dropped as we pulled into the large circular gravel driveway. They even had a damn fountain in the center of the driveway. And it wasn't like those other houses where they just had a fountain without running water or something and it was just for show. Their fountain was actually working and the water was crystal clear.

"You gotta be fucking kidding me, Will," I said when I composed myself.

"What?" he asked innocently.

"This is where you live?" He nodded at me. "You fucking rich ass," I muttered at him. He laughed as he turned off the car.

"Come on. My parents are waiting for us." Before I could even open my own door, Will had quickly gotten out of the car before me and opened the door for me. He was still sweet as hell and spoiled me to no end, so I really couldn't complain and could get used to this treatment.

"What about our stuff?" I asked as he led me to the stairs that led up to his front door.

"Don't worry about it. Gerald will take care of it," he said. I didn't question who Gerald was, because seeing as Will was a rich ass, I assumed he was probably the butler or something.

We made it up the steps of the stairs and to the front door. Will rang the doorbell and we waited a moment or two for the door to open. For a moment, I wondered why he would do that considering this was his house, but I didn't question it and instead just assumed Will wanted to do it for show or something. An older looking man in a uniform suit opened the door and stood in the doorway. When he saw Will, he smiled and opened the door wider.

"Master William, it's great to see you again," he said with a thick English accent.

"It's good to see you too, Gerald," Will replied. So this was Gerald. I looked him over and he looked to be around his late fifties or early sixties with graying hair.

"Please, come in. I hope the trip here wasn't too bad," Gerald said as Will guided me inside.

"It was okay," Will said with a shrug. "Gerald, this is Nicole. The one I was telling you about." I looked up at Will. He had told Gerald about me?

"Ah, it's very nice to meet you," he said to me. I turned my gaze to him and smiled at him.

"It's nice to meet you as well," I said. And before I could process what was happening, Gerald had grabbed my right hand and brought it up to his lips to press a light kiss on it. I was beyond surprised and embarrassed by that. I wasn't sure if that's what he usually did when he met women, but it was different, to say the least. The only other person that I knew that had done that to me in greeting was Chris when I first met him. I could feel my cheeks flush as he let go of my hand. I looked at Will and he smirked at my red cheeks. I narrowed my eyes at him slightly.

"Your parents are waiting in the parlor," Gerald said as he walked past us and led us to the parlor. My embarrassment was instantly replaced with worry. Will noticed this and grabbed my hand. He leaned down and kissed my temple.

"You'll be fine," he muttered. I nodded absentmindedly as we followed Gerald. Will kept his hand entwined with mine as we entered the parlor and found an older couple sitting on a couch.

"William!" the older woman exclaimed as she stood up. He let go of my hand when the woman engulfed him in a big hug. When she pulled away, I got a good look at her. She was a thin, beautiful woman, a few inches shorter than Will and definitely taller than me. She had dark colored loose curls with sharp features and green piercing eyes. I was slightly caught off guard when those same piercing eyes looked upon me. I almost instinctively took a step back, but the hand that Will placed on the small of my back after he finished hugging his mother stopped me from doing so.

"Mother," Will started with a smile. "this is Nicole, my girlfriend." He sounded so proud to show me off to his mother, I couldn't help but feel happy.

Her piercing eyes never left me and when I finally managed to lock eyes with hers, she had this look on her face. A look of... contemplation? A look of disappointment? As if she was assessing me and she didn't like what she saw. She let out a familiar hum that I realized Will did when he didn't want to voice his thoughts on something he didn't like. Before either of them could say anything, the older man in the room stood and spoke up.

"William," he said as he reached forward and shook Will's hand firmly. "It's good to see you, my boy." His voice was nice and deep, and as I took a look at him, I saw where Will got most of his features. He was tall, even taller than Will, with a full head of brown hair that matched Will's hair color. The only indications to his older age was a few gray hairs at his roots and a few wrinkles near his eyes. He had a similar build to Will with soft brown eyes compared to Will's mother. Will's father was handsome and Will looked so much more similar to his father than his mother.

"It's nice to see you as well, father," Will said. "This is Nicole," he said again as he gestured to me. I smiled up at Will's father and he smiled back at me, a familiar smile that Will had. He held out his hand and I shook his large hand with my much smaller one.

"It's very nice to meet you," he said and he sounded genuine. I smiled at him once again as I replied.

"It's very nice to meet you too," I replied. He let go of my hand and he placed it behind the small of his wife's back. "Evelyn, dear, say hello," he said. I wasn't sure if I saw it right, but it almost looked like she scowled at that. It was quickly gone though before I could be sure.

"Hello," she said curtly as she shook my hand. It was a quick handshake. Almost as soon as she shook my hand, she instantly let go of it. No one questioned it as she spoke up once again. She turned to Will and directed her attention to him, completely ignoring me after that. "William, I'm sure you're tired from your drive," she said sweetly. "So why don't you two rest up a bit before we talk more?" she suggested. Will nodded at her. "We have a room set up for Nicole," Will's mother said. I could tell my name was foreign on her tongue and she didn't exactly like the taste it left in her mouth as she said it.

"No need," Will said as he waved it off. "She'll be staying in my room." I looked up at him in shock. I couldn't believe he would just go out and say to that to his parents. I looked at his mother and she had a surprised expression on her face while there was no change in his father's expression.

"Nonsense!" she exclaimed. "I'm sure she would like her own room," she tried to argue. And I noticed she didn't use my name this time.

"Really, mum, it's fine. She'll be in my room. So please excuse us," Will said before he guided us out of the parlor. I sent them a small smile in apology to our quickness to leave.

"Richard!" I heard Will's mother exclaim quietly to her husband as we left the room. She didn't sound pleased. I didn't think more of it though as Will guided us up the grand staircase and down a hallway. After passing by a few doors, we finally stopped at a huge oak door. Will grinned down at me as he opened the door. And my jaw dropped at what I saw.
♠ ♠ ♠
And here's the first chapter! =) If you haven't read the first two stories before this one, you should go back and read them!
So this is the third and final installment of my "The First Cut is the Deepest" series. Though I didn't get much feedback from the sequel, I've been writing this whole series for years, like about ten years. And I wanted to finish their story. I hope I do this justice. Haha
Anyway, please comment, subscribe, recommend, and tell all your friends! Feedback would be great! =]