‹ Prequel: Here We Go Again
Status: This is the sequel of Here We Go Again as well as the third and final installment for this series.

Third Time's a Charm

Chapter 7

That same day, Will told me he was going to his parents' house for the weekend and he wanted me to go with him. And as much as I didn't want to go, Will had asked me and these were his parents. I couldn't just tell him that I didn't want to go, because I believed his parents hated me. I said I would go with him regardless. It was the least I could.

So when after school rolled around and we stopped by my apartment real quick, I packed a bag for the weekend. While I packed, I told Erin that I would be gone for the weekend to visit Will's parents. She gave me an apprehensive look and I just brushed it off. Of course I had told her before that I thought his parents hated me, but she didn't dare say anything about it in front of Will.

After I had packed my bag, I changed out of my uniform and into a casual dress with tights and boots. It was still pretty cold out, but I wanted to look nice today when we went to see Will's parents. I wore the dress partly so I could feel pretty and partly so Will's mother wouldn't judge me on just wearing a pair of jeans and a plain old shirt.

When I was dressed in a thick coat on and my weekend bag in my hand, I left my room and found Will sitting on the couch, looking through his phone. As I stood in front of him, he looked up at me before he stood up, towering over me.

"What's the occasion?" he asked as he looked down at what I was wearing. I glanced down at my dress.

"What? Nothing. I just wanted to look cute today," I said with a slight pout. "I can change then," I said as my pout deepened. He let out a chuckle as he reached out and held my waist with his toned arm.

"Don't change," he said. "You do look cute," he finished with a smile. I smiled up and leaned up to kiss him. He returned the kiss before I pulled away.

"Thanks," I said with a cheeky grin. "Let's go?" I asked. He nodded before he let go of me. I went to grab my bag that I set down next to my feet but before I could grab it myself, he grabbed it. After a quick goodbye to Erin, Will led us back to his car and soon, we were off to his house.

Image


The ride to his house was a quiet one. It was a comfortable silence though. At least, it was for him probably. I was silently dreading seeing his parents again. I just knew his mom hated me and his dad probably hated me too, even though he barely spoke.

We finally arrived at his house and I fiddled with my wristband nervously. Will glanced at me as we walked up the steps to the front door and so he wouldn't worry, I plastered a smile onto my face. He didn't say anything about it, so I figured he bought it.

This time instead of ringing the doorbell and waiting for Gerald to open the door, Will unlocked the door with his key. He lightly pushed me forward so I could enter first before he entered after me. It was quiet as we entered. When the door was shut behind us, Will called out.

"Hello?" he asked. "Anybody home?" After a moment or two of silence, we heard slight shuffling before Gerald quickly came into view.

"Master William," Gerald started. "I wasn't expecting you today."

"My mum knows I was coming today," he replied simply. Gerald nodded before he spoke up again.

"Are you hungry? Would you like something to eat?" I glanced up at Will with a knowing look before he chuckled.

"Yes, we'll eat," he answered. Gerald nodded again before he led us to the kitchen. He guided us to the chef, whose name I found out to be Roman, before Gerald bowed slightly and left.

As we waited for our food to be made, I sat in front of the counter on a stool. At first, I spun around in a circle as Will stood next to me. After a few spins though, Will gripped the sides of the stool to stop me from moving. If his arms weren't there to hold me in place on the stool, I would have flown right off it. I looked at him in shock, but he only had a firm expression on his face as if to tell me to stop. With a heavy sigh, I spoke up.

"Fiiiiine," I muttered sullenly. He didn't remove his arms from my sides though. Instead, he took his hands off the stool and placed them on my hips. He gently kneaded his fingers into my sides as his lips found mine.

His kisses were light and soft. I smiled against his lips as my hands found his jaw. As his kisses continued though, the more heated it got. Right as I felt his tongue slip into my mouth, I heard a cough from the left of me. I instantly pulled away from Will, one hand on his chest to push him away from me and the other hand covering my most likely swollen lips.

"Mrs. Harper!" I exclaimed as my cheeks flamed red. This was the second time she had caught Will and I kissing and this kiss was a lot more affectionate than the first time she caught us. So I felt a lot more embarrassed now.

"Hi, mum," Will said as he pulled away from me completely. He didn't seem fazed that his mom just caught us kissing and instead walked towards her to hug her. She smiled at him, but when her gaze came to me, she gave me a curt nod of acknowledgement. I nodded back at her for a lack of something to say to her.

"How was the drive, dear?" she asked Will sweetly.

"The usual," he replied with a shrug. "We were just about to have lunch. Would you like to join us?" he offered her. She glanced at me quickly before she turned back to him.

"I would love to, sweetie, but I'm meeting with a friend for lunch. Your father is home though and I doubt he's eaten yet, so you should ask him." Will nodded before he walked back towards me. He gave me a quick kiss to my cheek before he left without a word to find to his father. And so that left me alone with his mother.

I turned to face Will's mother and it looked like she was sizing me up. I subconsciously tugged at the bottom hem of my dress, feeling uncomfortable under her gaze.

"So," I started awkwardly as I tried to think of something to say. She hummed before she turned sharply and left the room with her head slightly tilted up in the air. I stared after her in shock. I was pulled out of my stupor though when I felt a warm hand on my back. I turned to look up at Will, my jaw slightly slack.

"You alright then?" he asked me. Before I could reply, he glanced around at the empty room. "Where'd my mum go?"

"Uh," I started as I found my voice. "I think she went to get ready," I said quietly instead of telling him of how she just rudely left. He nodded in understanding. As he told Roman that his father would joining us and to make more food, he held out his hand for mine and I took it before he guided me to the dining room.

"My father is just finishing up a bit of work before he'll join us," Will said. I nodded numbly, still slightly dazed at what his mother did. "Hey," he said as he held my chin up with his hand to make me look up at him. "What's wrong?" I bit my lip, debating if I should tell him.

"Nothing," I replied instead. There was no point in telling Will what happened. He would only defend her and tell me that it was nothing. And I really hoped that it was nothing. He gave me a look as he didn't believe me, but I grabbed his hand that was holding my chin and placed a chaste kiss on it. "Nothing's wrong," I said firmly. He looked at me for a second longer before his attention was now on his father who just entered the room. We sat down quickly as his father sat down as well.

"Nicole," Will's dad said with a nod of acknowledgement.

"Mr. Harper," I replied back with a smile.

We all made small talk as we waited for the food and when it was finally arrived, my attention was mostly on that. Plus, the fact that Will and his dad started talking about business stuff sort of made me zone out of the conversation quite quickly. I didn't really mind that though considering it kind of sounded boring. As I looked at Will though, he looked interested enough about the topic. It made me wonder what kind of business Will's father was in. My interest wasn't peeked enough though to just jump into the conversation and ask him what it was.

When we finished lunch, Will asked me if I wanted dessert. He only needed to see the eager look on my face to know that I did. He chuckled before he stood up and went back into the kitchen. That left me alone with his father this time and I kind of half-expected his father to do the same thing his mother did and just leave me here. He didn't though and instead placed his forearms on the table and leaned on them.

"So Nicole," he started. "how long have you been dating my son?" he asked me. He didn't sound condescending like I expected Will's mom to be if she ever asked me that question, but sounded more curious. I bit the inside of my cheek before I replied.

"It depends on which time. Before or after we broke up? Or the time all together?" I asked nervously. To my surprise, he chuckled.

"That was quite a vague question then, wasn't it?" he asked and I nodded. "How about," he started as he thought about it. "How long have you been dating Will the second time around? Not including the time from the first time you got together?" he clarified. I fiddled my wristband as I thought about. As I took into the account of today's date, I came to my answer.

"Almost a month," I replied. "A month exactly tomorrow actually," I said as I realized that it had been one month since we officially got back together. Tomorrow was our one-month anniversary. I wondered if Will remembered.

"Congratulations are in order then," he said. He sounded genuine so I smiled at him in return as Will came back into the room.

"Congratulations for what?" he asked as he took his seat next to me again.

His father waved him off and he didn't bother replying and I didn't bother to answer his question either. Before he could pester me about it, Roman came out with three plates of desserts. I practically inhaled the strawberry cheesecake and even took a few bites of Will's piece. He mock glared at me but didn't say or do anything about it.

Damn right you won't say or do anything about it.

I thought with a grin. After we were all finished with our food, Mr. Harper excused himself so he could get back to work. A maid got to clearing all our plates as Will guided me upstairs to his room.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's been quite awhile since my last update, because this school semester has been really demanding. Here's the next chapter though.
Feedback would be nice. Please comment, subscribe, and let me know you think! =)