‹ Prequel: Here We Go Again
Status: This is the sequel of Here We Go Again as well as the third and final installment for this series.

Third Time's a Charm

Chapter 8

The next day, I was greeted to find a bouquet of fresh red roses on the bedside table. I pushed myself up into a sitting position and took a better look at the flowers. There was a card leaning against the base of the glass vase, so I leaned over and picked it up.

Happy One Month Anniversary!

Love, Will


It read. I couldn't stop the grin from creeping onto my face. I brought my other hand up to my mouth and bit my thumbnail as I tried to control the fluttering of butterflies in my stomach.

I looked up suddenly when I heard the bedroom door open. Will walked in with a tray of food in his hands. He smiled at me when he noticed I was awake and shut the door behind him with his foot.

"Good morning, love," he said as he walked towards me. He set the tray of food down next to me before he sat at the edge of the bed on my other side.

"You remembered," I stated as I held up the card. He plucked it from fingers to look at the card himself.

"Of course I remembered. You thought I wouldn't?" His eyes flickered up to meet mine and I shrugged.

"I don't know," I replied honestly. "I wasn't sure which anniversary you would count. Our time before or after we broke up," I explained with another shrug.

"Well, I figured we would go by the time after we got back together again, because that's when I officially asked you to be my girlfriend." I nodded at him. "So happy one month," he said with a smile. I smiled back at him before I placed a hand on his cheek and kissed him.

"Happy one month," I replied when I pulled away from him. I let go of him before he reached back over to the tray of food.

"And because today is a special day, I made you breakfast," Will said as he placed the tray on my lap. There was a short stack of heart shaped pancakes with strawberry syrup off to the side in a small container. There was also a fresh bowl of fruit. I looked back up at Will before I replied.

"You making me breakfast isn't something new, baby."

"It is when I'm home and Roman usually cooks for me." I bit my lip in thought.

"Well, I guess," I said with a shrug. I looked back down at the pancakes. "Heart shaped?" I asked as I looked back up and he only shrugged.

"I thought it was appropriate."

"You're such a sap," I replied with a laugh. Will glared at me as I picked up the fork and started eating. "What's the plan for today then?" I asked through a mouthful of pancake. He gave me a look of disgust before he replied.

"It's a surprise." I stopped chewing to give him a suspicious look.

"William Harper, what are you planning?" I questioned through narrowed eyes.

"You'll see," he replied with a mischievous grin. I narrowed my eyes further at him. "Don't worry about it. Just eat your food and then get dressed. I have a lot in store for you today." I didn't bother to say anything to that and continued to eat my heart shaped pancakes.

Image


It turned out that Will did in fact have a lot in store in for me. After I had eaten my breakfast and gotten dressed, Will took me to a music festival. There were a lot of good bands there and it was exactly my kind of music. I didn't really think he liked the music as much as I did, but he stuck it out for me. Then after that, he took me to another festival, but this time it was a food festival. And that was probably the highlight of my day. Other than that little quickie Will and I had in the backseat of his car after dinner. That part wasn't exactly romantic, but it was good.

After a long and fun filled day, he took me back to his house. We entered the parlor to find his parents and one other person there.

"Ann, what are you doing here?" Will asked in surprise.

Annabella stood up from her seat next to Will's mother and gave Will and I both a hug before she replied.

"Evelyn invited me over for some tea," she said as she gestured to Will's mom.

She was on a first name basis with his mom?

I thought. I quickly brushed that thought away though. Of course she would be on a first name basis with her. Annabella had known her for years and Mrs. Harper loved her.

"Ann, you live pretty far though," Will stated.

"Evelyn insisted I come over," Annabella said as she threw us an apologetic smile. "Plus, I hadn't seen your parents in a while and I kind of missed them." Will nodded as his mother spoke up.

"William, sit. Have tea with us," she said. Will looked down at me and silently asked me if this was alright with me. I nodded at him and he guided me to the love seat across from his mother. Annabella took her place next to his mother before his father spoke up.

"Ann was just telling us about Travis," he stated. I looked at Annabella in surprise. She had told them about him? I looked at Will's mother and her mouth was puckered in a way as if his words left a sour taste in her mouth.

"You were?" Will said as he voiced both of our surprised thoughts.

"Yes, he sounds," Mrs. Harper paused to find her words. "great," she finally said. She sounded reluctant to say that, but the anticipating look on Annabella's face made her say it.

"Yeah, he is," Annabella said, almost dreamily. I felt the corners of my lips twitch up a bit. Well, wasn't that adorable?

"You say he's your roommate, yes?" Mr. Harper asked and Annabella nodded. "How's that?" I swear I thought I saw her blush.

"It's great. He's a fantastic roommate."

"You should bring him over sometime," Mr. Harper suggested. I looked at him in shock while Will's mother scowled at him quietly.

"Yeah, of course," Annabella said as another blush took over her face.

We spent about half an hour in the parlor, before I unintentionally let out a yawn. Will looked at me and gave me a look as if to ask if I would like to head up to bed now. I nodded at him before he turned to his parents and Annabella. He quickly said his goodnights, also voicing my own for me as I was just barely managing to stifle my yawns. After a quick hug and goodbye to Annabella, Will guided me out of the parlor and up the stairs. He kept his hands on my waist to make sure I didn't knock out right there. At one point, he even offered to carry me, but I quickly declined as we continued to walk.

When we got to his room, I quickly brushed my teeth and washed my face before I changed into a pair of shorts and a tank top. As we were both settling into bed, I rolled over to my side and faced Will.

"That was weird," I stated simply.

"I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that then," he replied with a chuckle as he also turned on his side and faced me.

"Is that a usual thing? Annabella just stopping by to see your parents or something?" He only shrugged.

"Now that I think about it, yeah, it is. It's been awhile though since she last dropped by. The last time was when Ann and I were still together."

"Which time?" I asked with a grin and in a mocking tone. He narrowed his eyes at me.

"The second time," he said in a slightly bitter tone. I only giggled at his reaction. It was silent for a couple of seconds, so I figured Will had finally fallen asleep. After my teasing tone died down, I couldn't help but feel like I was competing with Annabella for his parents' affection. I wanted his parents to like me, I really did, but even when Annabella wasn't there, it was hard to get on his mom's good side. And when she was there, it was as if I didn't even exist to his mom. "Go to sleep," I heard Will say suddenly. I jumped slightly at his voice.

"I can't sleep," I admitted, even as I felt exhaustion in the very bones of my body.

"I thought you were tired?" he questioned as he reached over and wrapped his arms around my body and pulled me close to him.

"I am. I'm exhausted."

"Then why don't you sleep?" I bit my lip in worry. I debated on if I should tell him or not, but it wouldn't do any of us good if I didn't voice my concerns.

"I'm worried."

"About what?"

"About Annabella."

"Nicole-" he started before I cut him off.

"Will, before you even start, let me finish." I took a deep breath as I collected my thoughts. I rested my hands against his shoulders and the warmth he emitted helped me. "I don't think your parents like me very much and with Annabella here, I can see why. They love her and they love you. And they love you two together."

"Blimey, are you still on that?" he asked. He sounded almost exasperated.

"Yes, I'm still on that. I can see it and you still fail to see it for yourself," I finished as I removed myself from his hands and rolled over. I heard him sigh heavily and he didn't bother to try to gather me up in his arms. He and I both knew I was annoyed at the moment, so he let me have my space. And it wasn't until about half an hour later that I rolled back over and faced him again. "Will?" I asked quietly, hoping he was still awake.

"Yes, love?" he answered and it sounded like he was wide awake just like I was.

"I'm sorry," I apologized. I felt his arms snake around me and pull me against him.

"No, I'm sorry," he replied. We didn't need to exchange anymore words as I felt him press his lips to the top of my head. I finally started drifting off to sleep. I was always told that one shouldn't go to sleep angry and I was glad that I didn't. Plus, it was our one-month anniversary. We couldn't end our one-month anniversary with a fight.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oof. It's been like 6 months since my last update. My bad. ^_^'
Well, if anyone stuck around, here's the next chapter. Haha
Please comment, subscribe, and let me know what you think! =)