Status: I hope you enjoy it.

Deceitful Eyes

The cliff

I stand at the edge of a cliff watching, wishing, and waiting. Watching the water hit the rocks below. Wishing I had my camera so I could catch this perfect moment. Waiting as the sound behind me gets closer knowing fully well it will change my life forever. I hear loud thuds getting closer to me like something large quickly approaching, And yet I can’t turn around, I can’t scream for help or move in any direction I’m frozen I cant do a damn thing. I guess somewhere deep inside I’m hoping if I don’t move in anyway that ill just wakeup from this nightmare. The sound is right behind me now breathing heavily down my neck. The hot slightly damp air makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end I shut my eyes so tight it hurt. I feel the clasp of a hand over my mouth its dry and cracked from years of hard labor. I’m yanked backwards hard enough for me to fall into the arms of my attacker making it easier for me to be dragged. I feel as if I am a doll effortlessly being dragged by a young child. I reach my hands up and dig my nails into their face. puncturing the skin I feel the warmth of fresh blood, I claw so deep I could feel my left hand ring finger explode in pain when The nail begins to separate. He grunts in pain, momentarily losing his grip of me I hit the ground allowing me to get a glimpse of him he is tall with broad shoulders a baggy grey sweater that’s two sizes too big swollows him whole the hood is up so a shadow falls over his face. blood drips down and off his chin adding another stain to his hoodie. His hands are Unbelievablely large . I notice more blood dripping from his fingers, my attention is drawn to the mud under his nails and dark bruises on his knuckles. Looking around I see my freedom its so close I could hold it like on a night when the moon Seems so close and full you feel like you could just stand on your tip toes and graze it with your finger tips but then you remember its not as close at it appears. Firm hands suddenly grab me and pull me back to my feet, faced towards the trees and the darkness i know so well. He leans in and whispers, “Careful you’ll get hurt”. He said it with neither a threatening tone nor as caring gesture.

He pushes me toward a yellow car I had been too busy to notice it was rusted and old with lots of dents and scratches. The windshield was covered in dirt almost to the point when you could no longer see through it. He opens the trunk and gestures me to get In. Not wishing to enraging him I do, I huddle in the back corner of the abnormally large trunk. He then tells me to watch my fingers as the trunk swallows me. While Driving we hit a few bumps and a lot of pot holes I began to feel as if we were on a dirt road. I may have only spent a matter of minutes inclosed, however it felt like days. At one point he took a sharp turn and my head slammed into a hard object. touching the top of my head i felt something warm and sticky, the thick substance slowly dripped down my neck. The world becomes blurry and unclear it felt like a dream. I felt the car stop abruptly and I dread the moment the trunk opens.

When moonlight cuts through the darkness I feel a tight grip on my arm and hear a cold detached voice telling me to get out. trying to climb out I stumble and fall due to the amount of blood lost. He yelps and catches me as if he was concerned about my wellbeing. He then spots the blood in my hair, and picks me up carrying to me to a small faded blue house that looks very familiar. The shutters are chipped but the paint that is left behind is white. Under the windows at one time sat beautiful potted flowers, but all the flowers are now dead. He steps through the front door into the first room which is empty except for a couch, a television and a door that gives me a horrid feeling in the opposite corner of the room, where does it go? Is that where I will meet my end? He takes me to the unnerving door, stands there for a second like he’s contemplating his next move, a weird feeling washes over me and I can’t help but feel like I’ve been in this exact position before. He pushes the door with his shoulder, and it lets out a low Menacing creak. The room is so dark you can only see the first three steps. As we step in he shuts the door behind us and everything fades to black.

I began to dream of a happier place, of the place I was at right before I went to the cliff. The warm air soothing my tense muscles, the sand between my toes almost convincing me I wasn’t in a horrid place. I imagine the up beat music and all the people dancing. A bon fire only a couple feet away from me, the red solo cup I held in my hand contained the only non-alcoholic beverage for miles, pure water. Then I spot him out of all the people on this beach he looks like he’s having the most fun, Daniel. He’s been my best friend since third grade, inseparable. He’s always been a huge part of my life but now that were together I see us growing so much closer. Just then Emily Warden walk towards him, glances at me then grabs him, turn him around and kisses him. He pulls her in tightly wrapping his arms around her lower back. I didn’t have time to think, I just rushed off into the forest surrounding the beach.

I wake my eyes adjusting to the darkness I could only make out shadows and outlines of things around me. The basement from what I could tell at first glance, was empty. Out of shear instinct I feel around for anything that could help me get out of this hell. As I turn around I see a movement in the darkest corner I back up not knowing what that movement was or what to do. Realizing the situation couldn’t get much worse and instead of listening to the warnings racing through my head I inch forward, Dragging my hands across the floor hoping to get lucky enough to find anything to defend myself with and once again Finding nothing I reach my hand in the direction of the movement. Looking back at all the horror movies ive ever watched knowing I was one of the stupid girls that go towards the thing that’s going to kill them. I didn’t even have a second after the thought to pull away because a hand shot out to clasp my arm and yanked me into the darkness another hand muffled my screams. A tiny voice whispered in my ear “Is he alone?” When I got free I whip around to see a dangerously boney girl, her cheeks were disgustingly defined, she was so small you could probably see each individual rib. her hair was a dark brown but turning gray from what I can only guess is years of stress and pain. her hair was in thick knots expressing how long its been since her last bath and good grooming. the sight of this girl made me even more terrified . how long has she been in this hell hole? her eyes sparkled with recognition.

“What do you mean is he alone? There are others?”

Behind me I hear metal sliding and a key being guided into a lock the door swings open letting light escape into the dark room making me cover my eyes. When I adjust to the change I see a short slender figure standing in the doorway at the top of the stairs glaring down at me for what feels like forever. I freeze not knowing what’s going on. It steps slowly down the first few steps. As it gets closer I can tell she’s an old woman sweet frail and tired. Hope fills me once again. but In the blink of an eye it was gone, before I knew it she was standing right in front of me easly snatching me up by my throat and holding me up against the wall, I try and scream out but shes crushing My windpipe. she reaches around and grabs something out of her back pocket. It cuts deep into my throat I start to cry but all I can hear is my blood gurgling. The last few words I heard are.

“I told him blonde hair and green eyes not blue eyes”