Heroes, Villains, and Temp Work

Chapter 1 - Natalia

Here you will see the wild Herrick.
The top general of the Ruin Army, highly decorated with metals of "honor" and prestige, and listed in the local gossip books as the kingdom's most handsome bachelor. The man that even my fellow female soldiers swooned about to know... was dancing around in the living room in his underwear.

It was barely seven in the morning and the entire block was quiet. Natalia was in that post-morning alarm, but pre-getting up phase and was snuggling deep in her warm comforter. Robins were chirping outside her window and she could hear a light highway noise from down the street. She loved living in a neighborhood full of elderly and retired members of the community. It reminded her of the years she lived with the scholars at the School of Magica Library. As a young girl, being surrounded by so much knowledge and wisdom from the books to the elders filled Natalia with so much joy. To be around the elders once again was so nostalgic.

She wished she could say the same about her roommate. She should have heard the static from the amp, the woman had heightened senses after all, but it was ignored for the passing pleasure of a warm bed. This was immediately ruined by the house shaking strums of an electric guitar. The birds flew away in fear and Natalia fell out of her bed. She tore herself from the ground and stormed out of her room to see Herrick strumming the cords to AC/DC's "Back In Black". He was dressed in boxers, the one t-shirt she hated, her sunglasses on his face, and black hair an absolute greasy mess.

He turn/danced around suddenly noticing her presence in the room. This impish smile came upon his face as he went into a full blown guitar solo.

"What are you doing?!" Natalia yelled.

He ignored her and continued to play until she walked over to the other side of the room and unplugged guitar cord from the amp. The guitar sounds ended mid strum and his smile instantly fell from his face. He looked up to Natalia, his eyebrows pinched tightly together. Funny, only recently that same look was with the man holding a weapon aimed right at her chest.

"What are you doing <i>sweetheart</i>?" there was so much hateful passion on the word it almost hurt.

"Did you really just buy a guitar just to give me and everyone in the neighborhood a heart attack?!"

"Whatever are you saying <i>honey</i>? I am only playing you your morning tunes that you love so much."

She let out the most sarcastic mocking laugh she could and threw the guitar cord at him. He didn't even flinch at the cord flying into his face. Well now that Natalia was up, she may as well go get breakfast. Stomping off into the kitchen to find something to eat, Herrick followed her like a shadow.

"Oh, let me get that for you <i>darling</i>. Don't want to strain that body of yours. You never know when children may just be around the corner."

"Okay, stop it already! What was I supposed to tell the lady? We both were applying for the same exact job, came to the job interview together, we were bickering in the waiting room... she was the one who first assumed we were together."

He was still wearing her sunglasses. All she saw was these two huge round shades on his face which hid his dagger filled eyes. She took them from his face and threw them in a perfect arc towards her purse. They landed softly inside. His mouth turned into a disgusted snarl as he crossed his arms.

"We weren't even qualified for this job but you had to make it worse by putting salt into an already open wound. You <i>lied</i> so hard just to please this woman and she still turned us down! And you call me the bad one."

"We've been lying for a month now as to where we came from. Rick! We're living in the same house waiting for someone to rescue us from this world. What was I supposed to say?"

"How about not calling me Rick and calling me your cousin huh?"

Natalia gave out a moan, "We look nothing alike! In case you are forgetting, you're a six and a quarter tall part freak elf with a terrible taste in fashion."

"Oh, forgive me for being a "part freak elf" and not a perfect little bird mutant whose wings are clipped and wears five different shades of purple and calls it fashion."

"Excuse me! This is Mauve."

"WHO CARES?!"

This morning was not going as planned. At least she still had a box of Lucky Charms to look forward to. She picked up the box and immediately found it empty. Oh, this meant war.
♠ ♠ ♠
Not really going anywhere with this, just really wanted to write for fun and see where this goes xD