Status: 've had a fascination with the royals for a long time and I've always wondered what it would've been like if Diana had a daughter. I hope you enjoy my work and please don't be afraid to comment, vote, or give any criticism. I got this inspiration from a few other fanfictions so if any of them sound

Diana's Daughter: Princess Alice

Birth of a Princess

January 12, 1992
“Her Royal Highness, Princess of Wales was safely delivered of a daughter at 7:30am today. Her Royal Highness, and her daughter are both doing well.”

Charles arrived at St.Mary’s Hospital on a cold January morning with William and Harry in tow. Diana had just delivered a healthy baby girl. He was absolutely over the moon because he had finally gotten the little girl he’d always wanted. The Prince had been in the delivery room, by Diana’s side as she was giving birth. The atmosphere in the delivery room was thick with tension, with Diana yelling for him to leave, and his anxiety over having another child. But after it was all over, both were delighted with the new arrival.They had decided to name the new princess, Alice Elizabeth Eleanor Frances. Diana wanted to include her name and Eleanor. While Charles wanted the name of Alice, which was the original name they’d plan to name Harry if he had been a girl. And of course, Elizabeth was a direct homage to his mother, Queen Elizabeth II. She had her mother’s bright blue eyes and truffles of blond hair on her tiny head. Her nose was the exact shape of her father’s.
Out of the car, went the little princes to meet their baby sister. The photographers snapped eagerly at their cameras as they saw the princes climbing the stairs. While Alice was sleeping, Diana sat up from her bed, as she waited for her boys to arrive. Her pregnancy hadn’t been easy with the morning sickness and constant fighting with Charles. She was just thankful that she now had a daughter, that was healthy and happy. She heard the quick little footsteps running down the hall. The two boys burst through the hospital doors and into their mother’s waiting arms.
“Mummy, mummy, mummy,” they chanted. “Where’s our sister? When want to meet her!” Diana quickly shushed the boys as they bounced on the bed.
“You can see her, but you’ll have to be very quiet. She is sleeping, so you have to be gentle with her,” replied Diana. Charles and Diana looked at both boys with affection. They may not have been getting along but the love for their boys, triumphed all. They’d always wanted a girl, now everything was complete.
Diana took her sons hand and led them into the room. She walked over to her daughter and smiled as she waked. “Hi, my love. Hello, my little angel.” She picked up the princess and moved down to William and Harry’s level, so they could see their new baby sister. “Look Alice! These are your older brothers Wills and Harry, they love you just as much as we do.” William was looking at his sister with a gaze of protection, while Harry began making funny faces at her. The baby began to get fussy, so that was the signal for the princes to leave.
Charles came over to Diana, taking his daughter into his arms. He looked down at her with absolute love and pride. She reminded him so much of himself, and other ways Diana. Charles knew she had him wrapped around her tiny little fingers.
As Diana looked on from the corner she knew this was going to be a difficult road ahead. With as much love came frustration, anger, and irritation at her husband. Hopefully, they could co-parent their children with ease. Diana guided the boys back to their nanny after many hugs and kisses. Charles gave his daughter one last kiss, and a long look at Diana before he followed behind his sons. Although a new princess was born into the royal family, there would still be a difficult road ahead for the little one. She was the little bit happiness that the entire family had of 1992 born during a troubling time. The queen would describe the year as, “annus horribilis” with the separation of Charles and Diana, the divorce of Princess Anne, the Duke and Duchess of York separation, the fire at Windsor Castle, and the publishing of Andrew Morton’s book; “Diana: Her True Story.” This princess would one day become strong and known to be the calm and brightness of the royal family.