Summer

Two.

"Jesus Christ that's some fucking bright hair," he said a little too loudly. He brought a hand up to his mouth, white sleeve slipping down his arm to reveal numerous tattoos covering the skin. Summer raised a brow at this. "I am so sorry. I didn't mean for it to come out like that."

"It's fine. You alright?" She shrugged it off, rubbing at her elbow that was a little sore from the impact.

"What?" he said. It took him a moment to recall the collision, so it seemed. "Oh, yes, that. I'm alright. Just a bit- bewildered? Your hair is quite beautiful."

Summer blinked up at him, taking in his sharp facial features. He was quite beautiful. From the chestnut curls, to the piercing light green gaze, to the- well, everything. Her eyes raked down his form, noticing the ink that peeked out the neck of his shirt, and found herself wondering just how covered he was in the tattoos. She herself only had three.

The grin that was steadily growing on his face snapped her out of her rather obvious admiration. She felt her skin heat, and her heart picked up pace.

"Sorry," she said. She shook her head. "I haven't seen you around before. Are you new here, or am I just that unobservant?"

"I've lived here the past year," he chuckled. "I don't get out much besides work. I'm gone away, more often than I'm here, though. I'm quite surprised I haven't seen you either. I've never seen hair that bright of red. Is it natural?"

"It's natural," Summer nodded. The 'wow' he muttered under his breath caused her neck and ears to warm further. He shook his head then.

"Anyway, I'm Harry," he said, flashing a grin.

He stuck his hand out, and when Summer's gaze lowered she noted all the rings he wore. Did Summer even own any jewelry? She moved her tongue around in her mouth, the ball from her piercing knocking against her teeth. She kept forgetting that was there!

"Summer," she said and placed her hand in his. He grasped hers firmly and shook it, releasing it after, his fingertips trailing over her palm as he let go making her shiver slightly.

"Summer."

The way her name sounded coming from his lips caused her heart to skip a beat and her stomach to twist in knots. She heaved an internal sigh at herself; she was no longer a teenager, and the way she was acting was appalling to herself. She quickly put a tight lid on the strange attraction she felt toward the stranger. A stranger. That's what he was, she reminded herself.

Harry must have noticed the change in atmosphere because his smile faltered slightly. Summer mentally kicked herself.

"Well, this has been intriguing," he said. "I hope to see you around?"

Summer bit her lip. Though he was a stranger, all her friends had been so to her too, before the friendships blossomed. There'd be no harm in seeing the handsome man out and about every once in a while, right?

"Yeah, I hope so too," she said. Hope rekindled in his eyes. She nodded to him and made to pass him.

A couple minutes passed before she heard the footsteps behind her, and felt that large hand of his grasp her arm. Summer spun back around to face him again.

"I- I, uh," he stuttered, letting go of her arm.

He scratched at the back of his neck and reached into his pocket. Summer suddenly felt anxious until she saw that it was his cell phone he had reached for. He bit his lip and held it out to her.

"Could I get your number?" he said.

Summer laughed and shook her head. She took the phone from him, quickly adding herself to his contacts list.

"You flirt like this with all the ladies?" she asked when he took his phone back from her.

"Just the pretty red-headed ones," he winked at her. Summer handed him her phone, and she got it back when he had finished adding himself to her contacts. "See you around, Summer. It really was nice meeting you."

"Likewise," Summer said.

Harry's grin was so contagious it had the corners of Summers mouth lifting up until it was almost painful. He waved at her as he stepped backward, and the he turned to continue on his way to the pond. Summer watched him a short while before shaking her head and turning as well.

She just hoped he hadn't noticed how sweaty she was; how badly she felt she smelled. Her phone vibrated in her hand, causing her to jump. She looked down at the screen.

'You're beautiful ;) -H' the text read. Summer tried and failed to bite back her smile.

'Flatterer' she responded.

Long ass day had turned quite pleasant, she thought. She definitely hoped to see him again soon.