Summer

Three.

Harry
hey :)
...hey I'm bored :(
text me baaaaack
oops
-H

Summer stared down at her phone screen, wondering just what had possessed Harry to text her at nearly 3 in the morning. She ran a hand down her face and glanced at the clock. Yes, 3AM on the dot now. A groan rolled in her chest and she laid back in her sheets with a loud 'thump' that shook both her bed and her entire being.

"Ouch," she muttered, rubbing her head with her free hand. She held the phone up above her face, stare locked on the screen that may or may not have been too bright considering the darkness of her room.

"What do I even say," she sighed out and worried her bottom lip. She pursed her lips for a moment.

The phone came tumbling down toward her face, letting her know that trying to type and hold the phone with one hand at that angle was a bad idea. She scrambled to catch it but was too late.

"Ah, fuck," she cursed. She rubbed at her sore, possibly bruised nose. "Great. It's going to look like I got in a fist fight. Okay. Shake it off."

She shook her head and prepared once again to type her message.

Summer
hey bored I'm Summer ;)

She grinned brightly down at the screen, feeling herself rather clever. She jumped and nearly dropped her phone again when Harry instantly replied.

Harry
haha funny
so you are awake :)
what are you doing
-H

Her eyes widened and she lifted a brow. Did he not expect most people to actually sleep at this hour? She sighed and rolled her eyes.

Summer
well I was sleeping
but I guess I'm not now
can I just call you? That would be easier
oh and
-S :p

She jumped again when her phone rang, and this time she did drop the infernal device. Bracing herself for a possibly awkward phone conversation she picked it back up, swiped right, and held it up to her ear.

"Hello?" she said.

"Wow, I mean hey," Harry answered. His voice sounded deeper over the phone. Summer found herself tensing up. "So, sleeping, huh?"

Summer chuckled. It almost sounded like he was trying to flirt. She heard a noise in the background, and could picture him slapping his hand to his forehead.

"Obviously, sorry," he said with a short laugh. "So, uh, any good dreams?"

Summer giggled that time and brought her hand to her mouth, chewing the end of one nail.

"I actually can't recall," she said finally. She glanced at the clock. "Ah, I'm really tired. Is there any way-"

"Do you wanna walk around town with me?" Harry interrupted, the words coming out so rushed it sounded like one word. Summer blinked a moment.

"I- you- what?" she asked. If he could see the look on her face, he would know she found the idea absurd.

"I know it's late, but I can't sleep," he sighed. "I usually walk around the town at this time, just thinking about- well, life. And I could use the company this time. And what better way to get to know you better, than to walk around aimlessly with you at an ungodly hour!"

Harry laughed down the line then, a genuine laugh that was rather contagious, and Summer found herself laughing with him. Suddenly she didn't feel so tired, not with the amount of energy this man seemed to have. She bit her lip, smiling through it.

"Alright, fine," Summer said. Harry cheered loudly, and she had to pull the phone from her ear momentarily, despite him covering his phone.

"Thank you, thank you," he said.

"You sound like I've just agreed to cover a shift for you at work," Summer said.

"Well, I just," Harry paused. "I don't know. You're new to me, I find you interesting."

Summer shook her head, and then realized he couldn't see her. She rolled her eyes at herself.

"Well, should we meet up somewhere, or...?" she asked.

There was a moment of silence as Harry thought. Summer picked at a frayed end on her pajama shorts.

"Text me your address, and I'll come by, and we can go from there," he said.

"Okay," Summer said.

"See you then!"

Harry's excitement poured down the line before he ended the call. Summer laughed and did as he asked. She looked around then for a pair of jean shorts and a bra; there was no way she was having him greet her in her pajamas.