Summer

Nine.

"Wow!" Summer said as she peered out at the water below. Her wild hair whipped around in the wind, and she ended up tying it back to keep it from hitting Harry and herself in their faces. Harry had his hair smoothed back by a hairband himself.

"You mean to tell me you've lived in this town for so long, but you've never been out here before?" Harry said, a wide grin spread over his face. He loomed next to her, leaning against the stone half wall along the side of the bridge with her.

"No!" Summer laughed. She licked her lips and looked back at the water rushing below, avoiding getting lost in that smile. "I've never had a need to drive over this bridge. I've also never really ventured much on this side of town. I didn't know it was so beautiful over here."

"It is quite a breath taking sight, isn't it?" Harry said. He took in a deep breath and let it out slowly, and then leaned his head on top of Summer's.

Summer jolted inwardly. Harry's closeness made her heart pound, and so loudly she was sure he could hear it. Chemistry. They definitely had that between them, and she decided that she would have a difficult time fighting all the urges this man she'd only just met made her have.

"Tell me- tell me about your band," Summer stuttered out. She could have kicked herself. "I mean I obviously know about it, and the other members, I just meant like... What's it like for you?"

Harry chuckled, still leaning against her. Summer didn't dare move- hoping he'd stay close to her a while longer. But Harry straightened up, and then surprised her by grabbing her hand in both of his and playing with her fingers. His gaze was locked on their hands.

"It's quite nice, really," he said, his tone of voice shifting. There was a far off look in his eyes. "I started it with a couple of my mates from secondary school. We have a lot of fun together. There's a lot of traveling- when there are tours. It still feels unreal at times."

"Oh," Summer said. "Do you ever get homesick?"

"A bit, yes," Harry said, chuckling as the wide grin from before returned. He looked up at her then and Summer's breath caught in her throat. "It's not so bad, though. America is quite beautiful in its own way too. And I'll get to travel the entire world with my friends."

Summer smiled at that, feeling slightly dreamy. She imagined traveling the world with her friends. With Louis. With... Harry eventually?

The smile slipped from Harry's face slowly, his gaze turning more serious. Summer raised her eyebrows in concern, her own smile fading too. Harry leaned closer, his gaze falling to her lips and then rising back up to her eyes, before falling back down to her lips again.

Summer's heart fluttered in her chest, it was beating so hard and so fast she grew light headed. All thoughts and worries about whether it was too soon to let him kiss her faded away as his lips met hers. It was a soft kiss, and she immediately and tenderly returned it- almost a knee-jerk reaction.

And then Harry's hand came up to cup her cheek, and his lips moved against hers as he kissed her again- slightly harder that time. Summer gasped against his mouth. His kisses continued like that; slow, with an intense passion rolling behind them. It left her dizzy. It wasn't anything like how she'd been imagining kissing Louis would be like a month ago.

Louis!

Summer pulled away as soon as the thought- rather, image of Louis' face- popped into her head.