Buck Moon

Chapter 1

They say that as time passes, our memories fade further and further away. Our earliest thoughts stop being from our earliest years, and our youth meshes together in a chaotic soup of time. Of course, they, being humans. I am not human. I remember everything.

I remember my first conscious thought. It wasn't in wonder of where I was, nor curious about the creature beside me. I was wondering about the one around me. Why was mommy sad? I thought. I didn't even need to discover it was my mother who I was within. It is something I believe, human or not, that we all know from the beginning.

I remember the first time I felt warmth. It was the little hand within mine. I couldn't see, but I knew, it was from the creature beside me. And thus, I, for the first time, met Renesmee. Through our little hands, whose bones had barely formed, she shared with me all of her firsts. Her firsts thoughts, her firsts feelings of warmth, and the first time she heard her name. At that moment was the first time I felt love, and loved in return.

I remember the first time I saw the light of the world. It was glaring and sharp. Artificial. I turned from it and cried. Warm hands held me tight, hiding me from the sight as if they knew what had bothered me. There was confusion all around me. They had expected Renesmee, but not me. I was not planned, but not unwelcome.

I remember the first person my eyes landed on. I had no real knowledge of the world then, so my first thoughts weren't of his features, the colors, or their beauty. All I knew was feeling, and I felt safe when I saw him. I felt comfort. I felt love. He whispered soft words to me, and touched my face with his long fingers. I wrapped my little hand around one of them in wonder. That was the first time I heard my father laugh. That laughter was short lived as suddenly I was in another's arms, my sister with me.

I remember the first time I saw my mother, which was also Renesmee's first as she showed me through our hands. I felt unconditional love. We were taken from the room before I could turn and see her for myself. It was a week before I would.

I remember being held by my mother for the first time. When she gave birth to Renesmee and I, she was dying. There was only enough time of her to hold Renesmee before our father needed to change her. When she held me she cried, but unlike when she held Renesmee, there were no tears.

"Elizabeth, after your mother," she'd said to father.

"Elizabeth Cullen," he had said, holding Renesmee. She smiled toothlessly at me, and I smiled back. Mother cried harder. Venom leaked from her eyes when Renesmee showed her thoughts through her hands. I held Renesmee's other hand in mine, and we all watched the first time she saw our mother. That is when I spoke for the first time.

"Pretty, mommy," I said with the image still in my mind. Mother gasped, took us all into her arms, and hugged us as she laughed with joy.
♠ ♠ ♠
First two chapters are of Elizabeth as an infant. Story will pick up after.