Sequel: Fragile
Status: Finished! Thanks for the support everyone!

Handle With Care

The Messenger

(Jade's POV)

Nothing says embarrassed like walking out of a show and having everyone stare and whisper about you. Awkward? Definitely. Was I mad? Honestly, no. I knew Chester did it because he wanted to show the world that he had someone he cared about but I was new to everything and it all just felt too much for me to take in at once. While everyone else had headed backstage to catch up with them, I stayed outside by the entrance by myself to wait. Shae must have noticed that I wasn't there when I found her peeking around, obviously looking for me. "Hey, you're coming aren't you?" She asked with a smile as she came closer. I shook my head, shoving my hands in my pockets. "No, I just need some air." She then put an arm around my shoulder, sighing some. "Hey come on Jay, it's not so bad. I know the attention is a little much at first but it'll all cool off sooner or later. You at least gotta go talk to him, see how things are gonna be." I could tell she was trying to be supportive and I appreciated it greatly but I was just too confused to try and talk. But there was obviously just no way of getting out of it when she pretty much dragged me back inside and through the backstage lounge area to where everyone was waiting.

As soon as Chester noticed me, his face instantly perked up. Melody and KayT were making conversation with the others while Shae kept herself glued to Mike's side. Chester motioned for me to follow him to the back of the building, taking my hand in his as we walked. It was eerily quiet and almost had a surreal feeling in the air once we reached the outside. I leaned against the railing, trying to keep my gaze from meeting his. I had tears in my eyes and I didn't really understand why, so I definitely didn't want him to notice. "Can we talk? About all of this." He finally spoke up, his voice seeming to barely be above a whisper. I nodded but still kept my head down. He titled my face up with a hand under my chin, making me look at him. I looked up at the sky quickly, still trying to fight off the tears. "From the tears in your eyes, I can tell something is bugging you." I didn't know whether to laugh or cry at that.

"Jay, if something doesn't feel right to you, I want you to tell me. If you don't feel the same way that I do, just tell me. I won't be mad or hate you. But I want to know if I'm just doing too much." I felt like my head was spinning as he talked. I just couldn't get all of my thoughts together in order. "Chester, I do like you. A lot actually, you're a great guy and very sweet. You came to visit me at the hospital and still stayed even when you were told not to. You listened to my problems, you always try to help. But I just don't know." I was crying now, turning myself around so my back was facing him. Well, so much for keeping it together Jay. I then felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist, pulling me closer to them. Goosebumps ran throughout my body as I could feel his breath on my neck. I slowly eased into his grasp, sighing deeply as tears still ran down my face. Why was this so hard for me to do?

"What are you so afraid of, Jay? Are you afraid that I'm going to leave you like your dad had to and find someone else like your mom did? Are you scared that I'm going to think you're just a kid whenever you act out or have a moment? Because I'm not. You're the most mature girl I've met thus far, you're strong and you have a good head on your shoulders. You genuinely care about me as much as I do to you. Regardless of everything else, age, how long we've known each other. I want to know if you're willing to give me a chance, Jay. If you're willing to let me care for you and just treat you like the princess that you deserve to be treated like. You have no idea how badly I just want to hug you and kiss you each time I see you. You just have that affect on me." I didn't really let him get much else out as I kissed him, making him finally stop talking.

"Goddamn you, Chester Bennington. A month and a half ago, I didn't even know who you were and then all of a sudden you just pop into my life like some sort of fairy godmother who just gives me all the attention and treats me like I deserve." We both laughed now as he wiped away the stray tears away from my face, hugging me tighter to his chest. "I am sorry about putting you on the spot like that though in front of everyone. But I did kinda already tell you I was going to dedicate the song to you. The kiss was just an added bonus." I smacked him playfully on the arm, shaking my head. "Yeah well, you are pretty lucky that I like you otherwise I probably would have punched you in the face or something else terrible." And to be honest, I meant that. If it was anyone else trying to pull that kind of stunt like he did, they would have hell to pay.

After a few more brief moments of silence and just holding each other, we had finally decided to go back inside and catch up with the others. Chester held onto my hand, knowing full well that everyone was going to stare and that my friends would definitely be asking questions later. And as if on cue, everyone looked at us as we walked back inside. "So, is this a thing now?" Shae asked curiously with a grin plastered on her face as she strolled towards us, pointing down at our hands. I felt my cheeks go hot with embarrassment as I tried to hide the ever growing smile that started to make its way on my face now, shielding myself inside my hoodie. I yanked my hood over my head and laughed uncontrollably as she now shook me, trying to get me to talk to her. "Jaaaaaay! Come on, tell me! Are you two dating or what?" I eventually gave in and spilled it to everyone. Melody and KayT were extremely happy for me but also excited because now it meant they could tag along to every show and appearance because I was dating the lead singer of their favorite band. Damn them and their friendship. All of Chester's band mates seemed accepting of me too, especially Mike because he said now Shae could have a girl friend to hang around with and keep her company while he was busy working which I honestly didn't mind at all.

But I did want a chance to talk to Shae alone so I could for real promise her that I would do everything in my power to keep Chester happy and to never hurt him. "Look Jay, you won't be seventeen forever, but just play it safe and don't talk to anyone about your relationship besides us and try to keep the sexual things to a minimum until you're at least eighteen. I mean, we all don't care but I mean in case if anyone else wanted to hurt you. I know Ches told me about your piece of shit stepdad trying to get you sent away and all, so I'd avoid any confrontation like that if you can. Other than that, just be there for each other and have fun. He is a really amazing guy who just wants to love everyone, so please take care of him. He's one of my best friends." I admired at how Shae spoke about him, almost bringing a tear to my eye. Damn you hormones and overactive emotions. I hugged her, swearing on my life that I would never do anything to hurt him or us.

She squealed happily when I had returned to Chester and grabbed onto his hand, making me roll my eyes playfully at her. We all had decided to leave together so nothing happened along the way. After saying our goodbyes to everyone, Chester had walked me and the girls to Mel's car. "Always a pleasure ladies. Jay, I'll call you tomorrow. Maybe we all can go look at Christmas stuff or something?" Of course KayT and Melody agreed in a matter of seconds, saying that they would love to. Only the reality hit me when I realized that this was already going to be my first Christmas without my mom or any of my other family. Not wanting to bring down the happy feeling in the atmosphere witn my sad thoughts, I shrugged with a wink, telling him I'd have to think about it. "Well then maybe this will change your mind." He stated with a cocky smirk before leaning down and pressing a soft kiss to my lips. "Awwwww! How sweet!" KayT gushed from the passenger seat as I stuck my middle finger out to her. "Love you too Jay." She teased before returning her attention to Melody.

"Now I'll definitely have to think about it." I snickered once he pulled away, hearing him groan lightly. "I'm only kidding. But um, so...does this mean we're boyfriend and girlfriend?" I asked semi awkwardly with an eyebrow rasied. He scrunched up his nose, making a face. "We can call it whatever you'd like to, I'm letting you call the shots." Now that was the way I liked the sound of things. "Then yes, I would definitely like to be your girlfriend." He then grinned widely at me before proceeding to kiss my lips once more, obviously happy with my answer. "Goodnight, Jay. See you tomorrow."
♠ ♠ ♠
And heres 11! I'm thinking of taking this to 20 chapters at least so hope that sounds like a goodd idea! Thank you for all the feedback and support! Love you all! Xo