Sequel: Fragile
Status: Finished! Thanks for the support everyone!

Handle With Care

Iridescent

(Jade's POV)

As Chester had promised once again, I was anxiously awaiting his arrival early the next morning to go out on our first real 'date', just the two of us. "You guys seriously are so cute together! Seriously, just look at the way his face lights up every time he looks at you!" Melody sighed contentedly as we scrolled through the pictures from last night on her camera. I wasn't going to lie, we did look really great together. He had a smile on his face the entire time, which made me extremely happy. "Aww look, here's one of you two kissing, how romantic!" I stared at the picture wide eyed, ready to delete it at the very same moment. I didn't necessarily like my display of affection being out there but it was also too perfect to get rid of. "Just don't show anyone please Mel, it's bad enough people are already talking on the internet." I had casually stumbled upon a blog website late last night where people talked about up and coming artists. Low and behold, Chester and I were the center of the topics. People were saying how I looked like I could be his kid sister and all kinds of bullshit. I hadn't mentioned it to him and probably wasn't going to seeing as it was just gossip and nothing to really be taken serious. Besides, mostly it was girls who were just jealous he was mine.

KayT had promised that if she had heard anyone talking about me or him like that though she would seriously kick them in the face and smash their heads into the wall. Although I never really liked to get violent or fight unless I absolutely had to or was seriously provoked, I would make an exception in those cases. People like that truly irritated me and made me disgusted by wanting to ruin people lives just by spreading lies and gossiping. I thankfully was never rasied to be that way towards anyone because as far as I knew, no one likes a nosey busybody snooping in their private business or anything.

"So where are you guys going this morning? Anywhere nice?" I shrugged, biting on my bottom lip. I had no clue as to where it was we could be going, all he said was to dress casual and be comfortable because it was going to be a long day. "Maybe you guys are going on a nice walk or something?" I looked down at my outfit, seeing that I was wearing a simple Metallica t shirt and green skinny jeans with my black and green checkered Vans. "I hope not, I'm not dressed to go hiking or anything. Ugh fuck I think I'm getting my period too." I groaned in annoyance, feeling the urge to throw up suddenly hit me. I always got like this when it came to my woman time, so fuck my life right? "Don't worry, Jay! You'll still have fun, just try to relax! Here, take some aspirin." Melody handed me a couple of Tylenol with a glass of water before I threw myself down onto the sofa, shoving my face into the throw pillow. "God why does this have to happen now? I mean come on of all days it had it happen before my first date."

As I was about to wallow in my own self pity for a few more minutes my phone started to go off, more than likely signaling that Chester was here. I hesitated greatly before getting up and grabbing my bag, suddenly hearing a knock at the door. Melody answered it, revealing Chester with a boquet of flowers in his hands. My face seemed to light up the minute I saw him. "Hey Mel. Jay, you look beautiful. These are for you." I grinned with a small chuckle before taking them. "Aw, thanks. You didn't have to do that though." I could already tell I was blushing so trying to hide it was pointless. I handed them over to Melody to be put in a vase, leaning over to place a kiss on his cheek. "Have fun you two love birds. See you later." We said goodbye to Melody as we headed outside to his car. "Ready for some fun?" He asked with a slight cheerful tone. I couldn't help myself from smiling at him almost every time he talked to me. I knew regardless of whether I felt like crap or not, I wasn't going to let anything ruin my day with him.

It felt like hours had seemed to pass as we kept driving, the scenery changing dramatically. I had never been out of L.A before so this was all new to me. When we had finally arrived at our destination, my eyes literally bugged out of their sockets. I had only seen this place in T.V and had heard stories about it from people but had never been myself, not even as a child obviously. I stared in complete awe as we pulled into a large parking structure, almost in fucking tears. "Are you excited?" He said with a giant grin glued to his face. I hugged onto him as tight as I possibly could, feeling a couple tears slip passed my eyes and roll down my face. He quickly wiped them away when he pulled back, telling me everything was going to be fine. "I got the idea from KayT. She told me you'd never been here before in your life and well I just couldn't let that happen." I laughed lightly with a sniffle, hugging him once more before we got out of the car, making sure we had everything. Thank God I brought my backpack with extra female items.

I saw the sign come into my view as we approached the ticket counter. Disneyland. Chester had actually taken me to the happiest place on Earth, the place I had always dreamed of going when I was a child. When we walked through the gates and neared the giant castle, my eyes literally wouldn't stop leaking out tears. I had never been this happy before in my life besides the day I had met KayT, Mel and of course Chester. "Let's take a picture." He said as he pulled out a small camera. We huddled close together with the castle in the background, snapping it as we were cheek to cheek. I immediately seized the opportunity to kiss him full on the lips, his arms wrapping around my waist to pull me closer to him. At that moment I felt all of my emotions pour into it. We pulled away when air was needed, laughing as he took my hand into his and intertwined our fingers together. We stopped at a small gift shop first on our adventure because according to Chester you had to have a pair of these in order to have the full experience. Mickey Mouse ears, with our names on the back. I had to stop myself from crying at everything we saw and did and let me just say it was not easy at fucking all.

We had went on tons of rides, my absolute favorite having to be the Haunted Mansion ride. It was Nightmare Before Christmas themed, something special they did during the holiday season. Everything was decorated beautifully around me in all honesty though, the full feeling of Christmas could be seen everywhere and in everyone. I had noticed ocassionally that a few people had recognized Chester, taking secret pictures of him and I but I didn't make a big issue out of it or really get too defensive as I normally would because I wasn't going to let anything ruin this day for either of us. "Are you having fun babe?" He asked as we walked to a giant mountain looking ride. I nodded with an ever growing smile, that name really did a number on me in the emotional department. "You have no idea how much. Thank you so, so much." He kissed me softly as we entered the gate, waiting in a small line to get on. "You don't have to thank me. I promised you I wanted to take you somewhere special." I kissed him again, keeping a tight grip on his hand as we neared closer and closer to the front.

Normally I wasn't afraid of anything but this looked incredibly high and a tad bit terrifying. Damn it, come on Jay you can do this, stop being a bitch. I must have repeated that over in my head a few dozen times until we had got on, me securing myself tightly in front of Chester. Surprisingly enough it wasn't that bad as long as I kept my view focused in front of me and not look down at all. I was actually proud of myself once we had gotten off for not freaking out. I had texted both KayT and Melody when I had time, letting both of them know where I was and how much fun I was having with him. KayT gushed how adorable and romantic it sounded and how she couldn't wait for me to tell her all about it. I was truly grateful for friends like them, I don't know what I would do without either of the two. They were like the awesome sisters I never had but always wanted as a kid.

We must have walked around for a good four hours in total until we had finally stopped to get some food. But once again Chester had insisted he wanted me to get whatever I wanted and in return had settled on Mickey Mouse shaped chicken nuggets and fries. I felt so childish but he said that was the whole point of the date, to help us both let out our inner kid. Once we had finished up he then bought me an ice cream with Mickey's face on it. "You seriously have gotten me everything I could think of. You're spoiling me too much." He shook his head, kissing the side of my face before proceeding to take a bite out of it. "I told you, this is your special day. So I could seriously care less how much I spend because you're more than worth it to me." Another round of tears mixed with butterflies in my stomach. Jesus Christ, why was this man so fucking amazing? I honestly didn't deserve him.

As the sun had set, I was feeling somewhat sad that our perfect day was coming to an end already. But he swore there was still one little surprise left. We sat down on a small bench, thousands of people seeming to crowd around us. A song had started to play before flashing lights and colors were all around us. Chester wrapped his arms around me, resting his head against mine. Snow then started fo fall in little sprinkles, really setting the Christmas spirit. Fireworks shortly after started to burst and collide in the sky into gorgeous colors and designs. I couldn't control the tears any longer as they started to fall. Everything was so perfect, so beautiful. I couldn't have asked for anything more special. "Jade." I looked at him, not even caring that he called me by my name. The way he said it sounded like God himself, making my heart pound.

He stared deeply into my eyes before leaning in to kiss me. It wasn't like a regular kiss either. It was deep and full of passion and emotion. I could feel like there was things that needed to be said but they seemed to be answered the more we kissed. Only I knew I was going to end up probably doing something to ruin this moment like I always do with everything else so I was the least bit surprised when these words had quicklyslipped past my huge ass mouth. "I think I'm really starting to fall for you, Chester."
♠ ♠ ♠
Cute is the only way I can describe this! Hope you are enjoying as always and the feedback and support is always welcomed! Thank you all!