Sequel: Fragile
Status: Finished! Thanks for the support everyone!

Handle With Care

With You

(Jade's POV)

I had made it home just as the clock struck 3 and Ava was waiting for me at the front door, cell phone in hand just waiting to call my mom or the police. I just scoffed as I walked past her, keeping my eyes glued to my phone screen. I had told Chester that I would do my absolute best to get out of the house in the next couple of hours, agreeing that I would love to see a movie with him. As I headed into my room, I noticed that I was closely being followed. I turned around quickly, seeing that Ava was standing right behind me. "What?" I asked bluntly, folding my arms across my chest. "You know, maybe if just asked me if you could go out, I'd probably let you." My face dropped now, feeling slightly bad but I still kept my guard up. "Wait, really? Bullshit, I'm sure even if you said yes, you'd probably just call my parents or some shit." She shrugged her shoulders before starting to walk away. "Suit yourself." I then remembered about Chester, so I ultimately decided to ask her, because honestly, the consequences would be so worth it.

"Wait, Ava, I'm sorry. It's just you have no idea how hard it is, being almost an adult and not able to have your own life. Besides at places were people think you're crazy. My two friends from therapy invited me to a movie tonight, can I please go?" She had a sort of untrustworthy look in her eyes, but I shook it off, because I really wanted to fucking go. "As long as you're here by 10, I could honestly care less where you're going." I awkwardly gave her a hug before rushing back up the stairs and to my room, eagerly texting Chester that I would be ready in an hour. He replied happily, asking for my address. I quickly started to rummage through my closet, wanting to look my absolute best before sending it to him. I settled on a cut up Marilyn Manson shirt and a tight pair of black skinny jeans. I normally didn't do my makeup on therapy days, so I was ready to shock the hell out of him. I applied a good amount of eyeliner and a hint of eye shadow before splashing on a spray of perfume. Looking myself over in the mirror, I smiled. Normally I'm not one to brag, but damn, did I look good.

I scanned over my phone, seeing that Chester had responded he was already on his way. I grabbed my back pack, putting in any necessities that I thought I might need before heading out the door, making sure to lock it behind me. Once I reached the kitchen, I noticed Ava was sitting at the table, skimming through a magazine. "Okay so uh...I'm leaving?" I said with an awkward and questioning tone. She turned her head slightly before pressing her lips together. "Okay? See you later?" I just nodded as I made my way to the front door, slamming it as I darted through the front gate, making it over to the street corner out of view so Ava couldn't see who I was actually going out with. About ten minutes later, a black SUV pulled along side the curb, the window rolled down slightly. It was Chester. I climbed in the passenger seat, seeing him reach over out of the corner of my eye for a hug. We hugged briefly before I sat back in my chair and fastened my seat belt.

His eyes seemed to linger up and down my entire body, making my cheeks flush a bright red. "You look beautiful Jay. Nice touch with the makeup, even though you look great without it." Again my face went hot as I just laughed sort of nervously keeping my attention focused out of the window. From the glances that I caught of him though, he looked just as great. He wore a nice button up shirt and a pair of baggy jeans, my eyes seemingly being transfixed on his lips, he had a ring right in the middle. "That's new." I motioned to it, seeing him just grin. "You like?" I wiggled my eyebrows making him laugh. We kept up light conversation about how our day was so far and I told him how my parents were out of town and that our housekeeper was technically babysitting me. "So she's cool then I'm assuming?" I sighed, making a sort of puzzled face. Ava was just, Ava and I didn't really trust her. "Well lets just try to have a good time." He placed a hand on top of my knee, giving it a light squeeze. I grinned wide agreeing that I just was glad to finally be able to go out stress free.

When we arrived at the theater, I could feel that all eyes were on me and Chester. "I'm sorry if people stare, it happens a lot. Especially since we're definitely getting known." He said as more and more people began to crowd around us as we got our tickets and headed inside. We settled on seeing a horror movie called 'Jeepers Creepers' and I was super fucking stoked to be honest. I loved horror and everything to do with it. Plus, it had been a really long time since I had gotten to go to a movie in general. The honest last time was with my grandma and aunt when I was probably about fourteen. As we got to our seats and began with the movie, I felt Chester's hand reach for the arm rest the same time as mine. "Shit, sorry." I muttered softly before pulling it away. He smiled, pulling it back. "No no, it's fine. Go ahead, we can share." My stomach began to do flips and twist in knots as he rested his hand casually on top of mine. Sure, I've hung out with guys before, but I had never really had a boyfriend before, or really actually been on a date, so I wasn't necessarily sure how to act. Even though we were just hanging out as friends, it all still felt new to me. Especially since he was a tad bit older and more experienced.

During certain parts I must admit, I cringed and shielded my face like a damn coward. Chester sometimes would squeeze my hand when something seemed to scare him and I must again admit, I liked the feeling it gave me. It was about 8 when everything was done and over with. I really didn't want my night to end, but I knew for a fact that I had to be home by the time Ava had asked because I didn't want to get anyone into trouble because of my strict and overbearing rules. As we walked back to Chester's car, I could sense that something was going to happen, I just didn't know what or when. "Did you have fun tonight?" He asked me as we started on the drive back to my house. I grinned wide, nodding my head vigorously. "Hell yeah I did, thank you again. You've been nothing but great to me and I'm glad we got to hang out. You know, besides our little therapy sessions. Hard to believe I've only known you for a little more then two weeks huh?" He just gave me a cheeky smile, looking like he was sort of unsure what to say next.

Now what happened shortly after next, I couldn't really begin to tell you. Because I vaguely remember getting pulled over by the police, apparently for "speeding" and then being asked what my name was and all that. But after that much was a blur. I don't remember being practically ripped away from Chester's arms, being thrown into the back of a police car. I don't remember being arrested and labeled as an at risk runaway. I don't remember being questioned about who Chester was to me and if he knew I was still a minor. But once I was taken home, I realized what exactly had gone on. Ava had called my parents and made up some sort of story about me running away, so they called the police to make a report to keep a lookout for me. Now it was just a coincidence that we just so happened to get pulled over, because no one knew who picked me up or even who Chester was. But that still didn't help anything, I know after this he'll never want to see me again. Nor will my parents ever let me see him again.

Thankfully my phone wasn't found when Ava searched for it, so I was able to text Melody and KayT what the fuck had gone on. Melody swore she would talk to her mom about getting me removed from my house because of unsafe and cruel circumstances, but it would take a while. KayT said I could go and live with her anytime I needed some place to go. But when I told them about Chester finding out that I was only seventeen and that he was informed to keep away from me for his own well being, their hearts broke. I couldn't count the number of times I started to slash at my wrists again, honestly hoping that this time I in fact did die. I put my headphones on, blaring the Linkin Park CD as I started to bleed all over the floor. Chester's voice filled my ears as I listened to 'Crawling' on repeat. I wanted this to be the last thing on my mind as I felt my vision get blurry.

As I tried to maintain my vision and breathing, I glanced down at my phone to see that I had a text from Chester. My eyes were full of tears as I began to read it, still trying to keep myself awake long enough to reply. He didn't want to stay away from me, he did still want me to see him, he did still care. "I'm not going to keep away from you, Jay. I know you're still a bit young, but I truly care about you and your safety. Please don't do anything to hurt yourself, I promise I'm not going anywhere. You're going to see me again soon, I won't let anything stop me from caring about you. I know we've only been friends for so little, but I was meant to meet you. Keep strong Jay, I'll figure something out and get you away from all of this. CB"
♠ ♠ ♠
Do not fear! This obviously isn't the end, but it is drama filled already, no? Once again thanks for all the support kdennis9 and havoc. Shae will be making more appearances after this update so keep a lookout! Hopefully you guys are enjoying this! Thank you for all the feedback, it's always welcomed and appreciated! <3