Sequel: Fragile
Status: Finished! Thanks for the support everyone!

Handle With Care

A Place For My Head

(Jade's POV)

I can finally say that I spent my first Thanksgiving in a fun and safe feeling environment since I lived in Arizona. Melody's family came and KayT was there too, we all hung out with her cousins and I even got to sing karaoke with her grandparents. Everyone seemed so accepting of me, that it brought tears numerous times to my eyes when they spoke of how sweet and unique I was and how they were glad that their granddaughter met such a respectful young woman like me. I only missed my dad, and my other family. This was my first Thanksgiving without my mom and it also weighed a lot down on my shoulders. But regardless of the fact, I still kept on a happy face throughout the entire day. Chester had even texted me to wish me a happy holiday and that he couldn't wait until group on Thursday because he was going to take me out for ice cream after. As cheesy as it sounded, I was actually more than excited.

I wasn't going to lie though, it did feel weird being in a house that had no curfews and hardly any rules. Besides my daily chores and therapy sessions, it was a breeze living with Melody and her mom. Even though KayT was practically over every other day, nothing ever seemed to get boring. Her mom would make us hot tea and do yoga early in the mornings before she went to work at the hospital. Then after that we were free to do as we pleased as long as our work was done and I made an attempt at my schoolwork. That was probably the only downfall, to be honest. Melody's mom wanted to make sure that I graduated this up coming year from high school regardless of anything that had been said or done. I still was slightly uncomfortable not really having all my things either, but I knew over time it would all accumulate eventually. I had gotten a text from my mom the other day, asking if she could bring me some of my things. Mel's mom forbid it for the time being, saying that I was too fragile but that she and Melody would go over there and get them for me.

And to be honest, I did cry. Because I loved my mom and I missed her more than anything in this world. But ultimately I knew this was for the best of me. It was Tuesday morning and I sat around the living room, staring up at the ceiling. There was literally nothing to do until Mel got back from the store with her mom so I decided to bother Chester and see what he was doing. Normally, I hate calling people but for some reason I just wanted to actually talk with him. He picked up after the first few rings. "What an odd thing to see, never expected you to be calling me. Good morning, Jay." I smiled to myself. "Morning. Am I bugging you?" I could hear faint noises and people talking in the background so I felt kinda bad for interrupting. "Not at all. The guys are here and we're discussing some stuff and making a music video. For Crawling, actually. What are you up to? You want to bring the girls and come watch?" My face instantly lit up as I pretty much fell off of the chair that I was sitting on.

I glanced quickly up at the clock, seeing it was already noon. KayT had to be free from homework by now. "I'd love to, I'm sure the girls would be happy too. I'll call you back in a few minutes yeah? Send me all the details please." He cheerfully agreed to send me all the information and directions I needed once I hung up. I dialed KayT's number, telling her if she was busy, she'd better stop because I got the invitation of a lifetime. "Chester invited us to go see them work on a music video for Crawling. And we have to go, because that's my favorite song and we all were invited. I'll tell Mel to pick you up on her way home, so get ready!" After she screamed uncontrollably for the next ten seconds, she said she'd be ready to go in no time. I then called Melody who in return, freaked out just as much as KayT did but said she was already on her way back home and her mom agreed it was okay if we went out as long as my work was done. I took a heartbreaking stare at my textbook, I still had ten questions to answer. "GOD!" I groaned loudly before hurriedly dragging myself over to it and rushing through it like a bat out of hell.

By the grace of God I had finished just as soon as I heard them pull into the driveway. I dashed up the stairs and into my room, gathering whatever little bit of clothes that I had and tried to look my best. I messed around with my hair, finishing the final touches when Melody came bursting in through the door. "So where are we going?" She asked anxiously as she followed suit and began fixing her makeup since she kept her head shaved, never having to worry about doing it. I showed her my phone screen, seeing that the place wasn't actually too far from where we were at all. It took all but fifteen minutes for us to be done and heading off to pick up KayT. She looked like she was ready to go to war but insisted that she was just being prepared. We drove for a good extra twenty minutes before we pulled into the warehouse where the directions lead us. "If we've been taken here to be killed, I am so honored." KayT mumbled as we started to walk towards the front entrance.

I shot her a "Please, shut up." look as we went inside, seeing cameras and things all set up. I stood on my tiptoes some, seeing Chester's face come into view. But he was blonde! "Oh my God, look! Chester bleached his hair!" I swatted Melody's hand down as she started to point obviously catching everyone who was in the rooms attention. Thankfully Chester noticed us and came right over, easing my social anxiety. "Girls, glad you could make it. Jay, you look great." He smiled before giving each of us a hug. I could already feel my face growing hot as he complimented me. It happened a lot believe it or not, as embarrassing as that sounds. I guess I just didn't know how to accept one normally. "You too, I can't believe you dyed your hair." He chuckled running his hand over it. "You like it?" I nodded, giving him a thumbs up. "Come on, I want you guys to meet everyone." He stated before grabbing onto my hand and gently pulling me along, KayT and Melody following closely behind.

When we reached a large group of people, I could feel a slight wave of tension rising in the air. "Guys, these are my friends from group. KayT, Melody, and Jay. Girls, that's Mike, Dave, Rob, Brad, Joe and over there is Shae." He motioned over to a girl who was in the middle of doing another woman's makeup. She turned to face us, her eyes narrowing as she realized who it was she was staring at. "We've met. At my work in Hollywood actually. I have Jay's number, we were supposed to meet up at the show next week. Guess now you know who my friends are." She said with a slight laugh as she continued on with what she was doing. "That's Brad's younger sister and Mike's longtime girlfriend. We've obviously known her for a long time. Small world, huh?" Chester said as he stretched out his arms wide. Melody and KayT's faces were as pale as a ghost as they just stared at the guys in complete shock and awe. There they were right in front of them, in the flesh. "Sorry about those two, they're like super fans." I teased while sticking my tongue out at them, only ending up earning two separate elbows to my side. "Ow." I grunted, now glaring slightly.

"Well we gotta get back to work, but mind staying to chat with Shae? She's nice I promise." Chester said with a small smile as he put a hand to my shoulder. I beamed up at him, shaking my head. "Go do your work, we'll be fine." He just sighed with a content looking grin before heading off in the direction behind us. "So, Shae. How long have you and Mike been dating?" I asked casually as I scooted closer towards the chair she was sitting in. "Six years, but I've loved him since I was 12. How long have you three known Chester?" I pressed my lips together, making a thinking face. "Just about a month, give or take. But those two have known about him a little longer." Her eyes seemed to widen some as she crossed her leg over the other, seemingly very interested in what I was saying. "Well it's pretty obvious Chester has taken a liking to you, that's for sure. But these guys besides my brother are all like my brothers and I look out for them and am very protective of them all. Especially Chester and Mike." I just nodded in understanding, it was inevitable, she was dating one member and was related to the other, the bond was bound to be strong.

"I respect that fully but Chester and I are just friends, so no need to be too worried." I then looked passed Shae some, seeing Chester starting to move around and lip sync along to the song. He looked absolutely amazing, even with blonde hair. It made his gorgeous brown eyes stick out even more. "From the look in your eyes, I wouldn't entirely believe that." She snickered lightheartedly, shaking her head some as I just kept my eyes transfixed on him the entire time she talked. "You're a bit young, Jay. But I respect your guts and you seem like a great girl. Just don't get too attached so easily, he'll let you know if he's interested." I looked back at her and just smiled, not really knowing what else to say. "I promise I'm not, don't worry." She put a hand on my knee, patting it gently. "Oh honey, I've said the same and now look at me, I'm happy and in love. But if you really don't feel the same, tell him. Seriously, just don't hurt him Jay, I care a lot about him." I stayed quiet as my thoughts ran consistently through my head, all the different scenarios playing out like a movie. I couldn't be falling Chester, there was no way. He was just a really good friend that I cared a lot for. And that was all, nothing more and certainly nothing less.

"Hey, you alive in there?" Shae now chuckled as she waved a hand in my face, snapping me back to reality. I just flashed her a cheeky smile, pretending like nothing was wrong. "Sorry I zone out sometimes. Anyways, like I said, I promise I won't hurt him. You have my word Shae." She smiled, shaking my hand that I had extended for her to shake on it. I then noticed Chester staring over at me a couple times, finally catching him when I scrunched up my nose and stuck my tongue out at him. He just laughed loudly, returning back to what he was doing. "Oh boy, I can tell this is going to be a long day." I then caught myself, stopping instantly when I realized everyone was watching. "You are so, so predictable Jay." KayT now pointed out, laughing as she shook her head. I muttered a few curse words under my breath before flipping her off. For fucks sake, was I not allowed to have a little fun with a friend? "Stop it Kay, you're making her uncomfortable." Melody now said, smacking KayT in the arm. The two girls started bickering at each other which ultimately ended as soon as I intervened.

"Will you two stop it! Now shut up, here comes the guys." I snapped at both of them as I saw Chester and the guys heading back towards us. "Everything good here?" He asked as he looked between the three of us. I shrugged with a small smirk. "Now it is. You guys done for the day?" He nodded, wiping off his face with a towel. "Yeah, you guys wanna hangout and see the final product?" I stared over the KayT and Melody who just shook their heads with nervous smiles. "Sure, we'd love to." We then all proceeded to crowd around a large screen, the lights shutting off as the video started to play. I then suddenly felt a hand grasp onto mine, holding it softly. Looking down carefully, I realized it was Chester's hand. I kept my stare fixed back on the screen, pretending like I didn't notice. All I did know, was that I'd have a lot of explaining to do to the girls when we got back home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope everyone is enjoying this so far! and I mean my only two subscribers and my silent readers! I still wouldn't be able to do this without you guys so all the feedback and support its always much appreciated it! thank you for always being patient with the updates! hope you like this one! love you all! xo