Status: I'm always looking to improve my writing. I'm open to creative feedback (just don't be too cruel).

Lupin

Prologue

Prologue:
It was a normal day in the underworld. Well, about as normal as things could be anyway. Nothing particularly spectacular was occurring in the kingdom when the King summoned his son to the throne room. As of late, summoning an audience was about the only time the two ever spoke to one another. The king sat upon his throne as his son stood before him, awaiting what was to come.
“My son.” The king started. “There’s something that’s been weighing heavily on my mind lately. I think it’s time to stop mulling it over in private. As you know, we’ve been at war with my brothers over the throne, and the right to rule this world. Our people have given up so much over this dispute. We’ve all felt severe loss because of the chaos raging throughout the kingdom. It’s been a taxing battle on us all. I’ve devised a plan that should steer things towards our favor. Our army is prepared to deliver a blindsided blow to our adversaries which should turn the tides of battle. I expect no less than a violent retaliation. When the time comes, our home as we know it will become a battlefield. I won’t have my only son caught in the cross hairs of a warzone-”
“Father, you know that I’m more than capable of handling myself. Let me fight.” The prince interjected before the king could say anything more.
“You misunderstand me. It is not that I lack faith in your blade. My reserve lies in a different matter. Should something happen to me, you shall be the one to take my place. You will need to command our soldiers and lead our people from this havoc toward a new salvation should I fall.” The king pieced his words together carefully, saying all he could to mask the selfish undertones of his decision.
The young prince bit back his doubts and opposition, and simply asked his father what he would have him do.
“You will go to the human world under a guise. I was made aware that there are others of our kind seeking…’refuge’ up above. Nevertheless, you are to never reveal your identity or your reason for being there to anyone. NO ONE is to know that you’re seeking refuge with the humans regardless of who they are. Take this.” The king said, handing out a small slip of plastic that the prince graciously accepted. “You will be taking the place of this Lupin man. He lived a rather decent life before his death, so you should be able to live reasonably well in his shoes. Though, it’s not as glamourous as your life here in the castle. I ask that you try to make the best of it.” The prince nodded in response, looking at the small portrait plastered on the small slab of plastic. “Go now, my son. And be careful.” Shortly after the king offered his farewell his son headed for the door to leave the throne room, his father, and his home behind.

The prince arrived sometime later in the human world. He borrowed what knowledge he could from Lupin about his life and the new world he would live in. Based on what he was able to learn, and what he’s always imagined this new realm would look like, he was still surprised to see it with his own eyes. He went off to what would serve as his new dwellings, A one-bedroom apartment. Once he unlocked the door, he stepped inside. He took in the space of the quaint living space, wondering to himself what kind of guy this Lupin was. The human was only able to offer limited knowledge. The prince was curious to see how he would interact with the atmosphere and inhabitants of this strange place. Figuring there was little time to dwell on it now, he went off to the bathroom to alter his appearance and move on towards the next step of adopting this life.
♠ ♠ ♠
Only when I went to review this did I realize that there are some strong FF15 vibes in here. Oh well...
Anyway, Leave some feedback for me (or don't. I don't want to tell you how to live your life).