Status: I'm always looking to improve my writing. I'm open to creative feedback (just don't be too cruel).

Lupin

Chapter 1

Lupin

I stood at the mirror for hours spending damn near an eternity trying to get the hair right. I compared what I looked like to the image on the plastic slab, combing and adding jelly substance as needed, but I still can’t get it right at all. Altering the pigment of my skin, shape of my nose, size of my teeth, height, weight, color of my eyes… that was all easy stuff. But the hair. This fucking hair is about to drive me insane.
The first chance I get, I’m gonna fucking shave it I thought. As I proceeded to adjust my look as needed, I heard a loud banging on the door. I poked my head out of the bathroom in confusion.
“Who the hell…” I muttered. I started making my way towards the front door when I noticed something quite peculiar out of the corner of my eye. I went over towards my new dresser where a small black slab sat atop it with a flashing blue light like a shining beacon from the darkness. I picked it up, turning the device over in my hand.
What in Sam’s hell is this? I lifted the device to my face to get a better look, but the second I did, half of the darkness dissolved into light. I damn near dropped it as bright colors and patterns appeared showing me an image of people I didn’t recognize, along with numbers and letters. What? I stood dumbfounded an amazed, seeing a small box that read Message received from Quin. I poked the surface of the screen, the device having no reaction when I did. At least the light is harmless. I rolled my finger against the surface of the screen. I scrolled up towards the top only for the small device to offer me a puzzle. I stood there for a while in confusion, the sound of another loud knock bringing me back to reality.
“I’m coming.” I called out, stuffing the device in the pocket of my pajama pants as I headed for the front door. When I opened the door to find a human with dark hair leaning against the door frame.
“What? Did you forget how to answer your phone?” He asked almost immediately
“Um…” was the only reply I could offer as he stepped past me into the front room. “So… what did I miss?” I asked casually, biding my time to figure out what was going on without appearing too clueless.
“Nothing, yet. Will’s party only started a second ago.” He claimed a seat on the couch, sprawling himself out to get comfortable. “We should still have time to get there. Your hair’s a mess.”
“I know.” I replied, brushing my bangs back with my hands. “I’ll be back in a second.” I replied as I turned myself towards the bedroom.
“I hope that’s not what you’re wearing.” The human called out after me. With my back towards him, I rolled my eyes and mouthed a quick What the fuck to myself before closing myself off in the other room. Once I was alone, I fished the small device out of my pocket, and shook it around until the screen came on. The same letters were still stapled in a little box. I’ll take it that guy out there right now is Quin. And apparently, Quin wants to take me someplace where my hair has to be nice, and I can’t wear pajamas.
“The fuck’s wrong with pajamas…” I muttered, tossing the small rectangle aside to find a more appropriate outfit. For now, it’s probably best to just follow along and do whatever Quins says. Somehow, I can already tell that this is going to be a long night.