Status: In Progress

You, Me and Our Family

Chapter 2- She Hasn't Left You Yet

“I need to phone her parents. They need to know” Cristiano mumbled as his head rested against Ana’s shoulder. “I can do it” Ana replied. “No” Cristiano said lifting his head. “It should be me. They should hear about this from me” he said struggling to pull his phone out of his pocket. “Cris I can do it. I don’t mind” Ana told him as she watched his phone shake in his hand.

“I can’t just sit here anymore. I can’t keep picturing……” he stuttered. “She’s going to be ok Cris” Ana told him. “You don’t know that Ana” he replied. “She’s strong and a fighter. The doctor’s will be out soon and tell you she’s fine” Ana said. “Stop” he snapped struggling to his feet. “We don’t know if she’s ever going to open her eyes and look at us again. I don’t know how I’m meant to look at my son……I might have to look him in the eyes and explain one day how his mother…..” he paused staring at the floor.

“Don’t say it” Ana warned standing. “I can’t say it” he whispered. “Cris” she said. “What do I do without her?” he asked. “She has left you yet Cris. She isn’t going to leave you now. She has too much to fight for” Ana told him.

“I’ve wasted so much time Ana. My eyes are finally open to what has being infront of me this whole time and I’ve messed it up” he said before letting out a shout and banging his fist against the wall making Ana jump.

“Cris” she said worried. “Urgh listen to me. What the fuck am I doing?” he said. “Cris” Ana said placing her hand on his shoulder. “I can just picture Molly yelling at me right now” he said looking over his shoulder at Ana. “Why?” Ana asked. “Cos all I have being saying is I” he sighed turning around and leaning his back against the wall. “And it’s not about me. It’s about Molly” he said.

“It’s about all of us. You’re not on your own Cris. “I’m scared too. I don’t want to lose one of my best friends” Ana said sniffling. “You’re not” he said pulling her into a hug. “She’s my strong Molly and she’s not going to leave Junior” he said. “Junior isn’t the only reason she has to fight you know” Ana told him.

“Everything ok?” Sergio asked as he and Pepe walked towards Cristiano and Ana. Cristiano let Ana go and turned to face Sergio. “Sorry that was a stupid question” Sergio said. “It’s ok” Cristiano told him. “We met one of the nurses” Pepe said. “Did they say anything?” Cristiano asked. “Just that they will come find us when they have more information. And that we should go wait in the family room” Pepe said.

“I’m sick of waiting” Ana told her boyfriend. “The doctors haven’t being treating her for that long. They need time to make her better” Sergio said. “And you need to eat” Pepe said wrapping arm around his girlfriend. “I’m not hungry” Ana told him. “It’s going to be a long night babe. You need to keep up your strength. You both do” Pepe said looking at Cristiano. “What I need is for someone tell me that Molly is awake and wants to see me. But I guess I’m going to have to settle for telling her parents that their daughter is on her death bed” Cristiano said.

“Do you want another smack on the head?” Ana glared at Cristiano. “What it’s the truth isn’t it?” Cristiano said. “I’d suggest you say it a bit differently mate” Sergio said. “I need to tell Maé too” Cristiano sighed. “I told Jorge. He’s telling her and is sorting out everything to get them here. Pretty sure the press have figured out something has happened too” Pepe said.

“Oh great. Just what we need. Those vultures in our faces. How the fuck do they even know?” Cristiano asked. “Nuno reckons they only know that there was some incident on our street. They don’t know about Molly. Not yet anyway but it won’t be long. Ricky and Jorge will deal with all of that” Pepe said.

“Junior. Ahm did Nuno say anything?” Cristiano asked. “Junior and Dinis are blissful unaware of everything that has happened today according to Nuno. Anderia and Fabio are with him too. Junior is ok” Pepe said. “Ok for how long” Cristiano sighed. “Cris” Ana said. “I need to tell her parents” Cristiano said. “Cris I really don’t mind doing it” Ana told him. “Ya mate you don’t have to. I can do it” Pepe said.

“It should be me. She’s my….” He paused shaking his head. “They deserve to hear it from me. Not someone else. Not the stupid press. Molly would want me to do it” Cristiano said. “I should probably let the rest of the guys know what’s happening. Or not happening. Iker has phoned me twenty times since we got here” Sergio said. “We should head to the waiting room” Pepe said. “I’ll….I” Cristiano stuttered. “You’ll follow us” Ana said and he nodded and Pepe, Ana and Sergio started to walk away.

“Pepe” Cristiano called out. Pepe squeezed Ana’s shoulder and nodded to Sergio before he walked back to Cristiano and the other two continued to walk. “You don’t have to make that call” Pepe told him when he saw the mobile being gripped tightly in Cristiano’s hand. “Yes I do” Cristiano told him.

“Ahm look Rodrigo. You said they followed in another ambulance” Cristiano said. “Ya Katia is with him. I can go sit with them” Pepe said. “Could you just find out where they are please? Just text me. I should be with my sister. I know what it’s like to see your son in hospital” Cristiano sighed. “Sure. I’ll find out. If I hear anything about Molly too I’ll tell you” Pepe said. “Thanks” Cristiano said. “She’s going to be ok Cris” Pepe said. “I don’t think I could cope if she wasn’t” Cristiano replied.

“Positive thoughts” Pepe said. “I should” Cristiano said holding the mobile. “Ricky will sort out flights and all that stuff for them. Just send him their number. He’ll be here as soon as he can too” Pepe said. “Thanks” Cristiano said. Pepe nodded and turned to find the waiting room.

Cristiano watched him go before staring at the mobile in his hand. He had no idea what he was about to say. He knew he had to be the one to tell them. If roles were in reverse Molly would tell Dolores. Molly would be there for his family. He knew it. He needed to do this for her. He took a deep breath as he pressed the call button and waited for the call to be answered.

“Cristiano this is a nice surprise” Molly’s dad said. “Hi Mark” Cristiano sighed. “What’s with the sad voice? Don’t tell me Molly doesn’t want us to come to Madrid next week. Kitty has really being looking forward to visiting. We both are” Mark said and Cristiano closed his eyes.

“I wish that’s why I was calling Mark. You have no idea how much I wish that was the reason I am making this call” Cristiano. “Cristiano what is it? Is it Junior?” Mark asked and Cristiano could hear Kitty say Junior in a frantic voice.

“What’s wrong with Junior?” Kitty said into the phone. “I tried phoning Molly a while ago but she didn’t answer” Kitty said and Cristiano looked at the large doors which lead into the emergency room where Molly had being taken. “Cristiano” Mark yelled. “There’s been an accident” Cristiano said. “An accident?” Mark asked having gotten the phone back from his wife.

Molly……she’s…..she’s in the hospital” Cristiano told him. “What? What happened? How hurt is she is?” Mark asked. “I….I….” Cristiano stammered. “Oh no please please” Mark said. “Mark she’s hurt that’s all I know. The doctors haven’t told me anything” Cristiano quickly said realising that Mark was beginning to think his daughter was dead. “Oh thank God” Mark said.

One of my friends will be in touch as soon as I get off the phone. He’ll do everything that is needed to get you both to Madrid as quickly as possible” Cristiano said. “What happened Cristiano? How did she get hurt?” Mark asked. “She was hit by a car” Cristiano said. “Oh my God” Mark said in shock. “I’m sorry. I’m so sorry. I told you I would protect her” Cristiano said. “Cristiano” Mark said as Cristiano rubbed his eyes. “We’ll be there as soon as we can. Just…..just” Mark paused.

“Just get here as soon as you can” Cristiano said sadly and Mark ended the call. Cristiano gripped the phone in his hand and rested his head against the wall. “I should have being there” he whispered turning his head to look at the doors.

“I should have protected you Mols” he whispered.
♠ ♠ ♠
So Molly's parents know about her accident and are coming to Madrid. What reaction will the give Cristiano? Should he have left Ana or Pepe tell them? And will Cristiano be able to cope if news about Molly isn't the news he wants?

Thanks to ArsenalFanKT and mslou1 for their comments on the last chapter. The first few chapters will probably be a bit slow for people but please bare with it. Thanks as always for the support.