Status: Active

The Dragon's Vessel

Greeting

Just a moment longer, just a moment longer to enjoy this feeling. A feeling of stillness, of fresh air and peace.

“Hey, are you listening?”

And the peace was gone. “Not really,” the young woman in question turned, her dark hair moved with the motion as she glazed over her companion but answered honestly, a slight bluntness in her words.

“Why do you have to be like this?”

‘Be like this?’ The woman sighed at her thoughts. She just wanted some peace and quiet, why couldn’t she get one moment to herself? “I’m sorry, I’m just in awe of our surroundings.” She shrugged her slender shoulders as she picked her ham and salad wrap back up and took a bite.

Her companion looked around but didn’t see the big deal of the small park they were sitting in. “This dump has you in awe? Jesus, you’re so innocent, Kimi.” he teased and Kimi rolled her blue eyes.

‘If only you knew,’ she inwardly sighed in thought.

“You always have your head in the clouds,” her companion continued on with his talking, “Kimi, she who is without equal… like, you’re on a pedestal, always one step ahead of us simplitions.”

She let him ramble as she finished her wrap and went to stand up, brushing her pencil skirt off and throwing her wrapper in a close by bin. “Guess we should head back to the office,” Kimi spoke up, her voice was soft-spoken, formal but tense.

“Shit. Guess so,” her coworker checked his wristwatch before standing and letting his own wrapper hit the floor, he straightened his suit and brushed himself down before heading back toward their work building.

Clicking her tongue in annoyance Kimi crouched down and scooped her co-workers rubbish up with her spare hand, her other was preoccupied with a work folder. Quickly throwing it in the bin she followed after him but hesitated as she turned back to the bench she sat at. Tomorrow she wouldn’t tell anyone she was going to lunch, or maybe just Levy. Levy was nice, usually liked to spend her lunch reading and sometimes even joined Kimi at the park to read in a different environment than the breakroom.

Image


Kimi fumbled for her keys before finding the right one and inserting it into her apartment door lock. Once she’d heard the familiar click she turned the handle and pushed her way inside.

“I’m home~” She called out as she closed the door behind her and dumped her keys into a glass bowl on the side table. Noticing some mail she picked it up and flicked through it, not noticing a shadow looming just a few feet down in the hall.

“You’re late,” a voice called and Kimi whipped her head up to spot a muscular figure.

“Why are you being a creeper?” Kimi asked, scoffing lightly as she flicked the hallway light on to be greeted by a large blonde man with impressive muscles. “Jesus,” Kimi moved over and inspected his face, fresh cuts and bruises littered his chiseled features. “Come on,” she ducked under his arm and lead him toward the kitchen, finding the first aid box in a high cupboard she went to reach for it only to have it plucked out of the cupboard and placed on the bench in front of her.

“Thought I’d save you the trouble,” the gruff voice held slight contempt.

Without acknowledging him Kimi picked it up and turned, noticing how close he was to her she placed a hand on his large chest and pushed him backward until he was forced to sit on a chair. “I hope the other guy looked worse,” Kimi joked as she begun to clean and dress his wounds.

“Of course he did,” the man scoffed, wincing as Kimi wiped a large cut. “It was recorded, did you not watch?” He glanced up to watch her focused face.

“I missed it,” Kimi admitted, “I fell asleep reading to Wendy, she ended up reading her own bedtime story,” Kimi finished and stepped back to eye her handy work. “That’s all I can do it seems, Laxus... your healing is slow, even for a human.” She gave him a worried look as he stood up. “You need to feed.” She stated softly.

Laxus sent Kimi an amused look, “are you worried about me or just horny?” He teased, a wolfish grin appeared on his face as he ruffled the top of her head. “I’ll be fine, I told you, I’m not going to feed on you, not anymore.” He turned to retreat to his room, leaving Kimi to watch him with concern.

‘Not forever? That seems like an impossible vow,’ Kimi thought to herself as she cleaned up the table and put the first aid kit away, this time somewhere more reachable.

“Home!” A voice yelled out and a stampede of footsteps could be heard making their way toward the kitchen as a pink haired young man and a dark blue haired girl appeared through the threshold.

“Kimi!” the young girl ran over and hugged the older woman tightly.

“Welcome home~” Kimi grinned to the pair, hugging the girl back and swaying with her. “How was school?” She asked the younger child.

“It was okay, I got a B in my Maths test but Carla said she’d help me study for an A next time,” the girl informed as she took out some homework and a school newsletter, handing the latter over to Kimi and moving to start her homework at the dining table.

“I picked her up and we went to the ice-cream parlor.” The guy spoke up and Kimi nodded, skimming over the newsletter but finding no useful information on it she quickly binned it.

“Thanks Natsu,” Kimi smiled over to the young man who shrugged dismissively.

“It’s fine, I like spending time with Wendy,” he gave a shit-eating grin to Kimi who giggled as Wendy mirrored Natsu’s facial expression.

“I like spending time with you too Natsu,” Wendy swung her legs as she rested her chin on her hands, “not to mention the ice-cream is yummy,” Wendy snickered playfully.

“Yeah yeah, love me for the ice-cream treats I give you,” Natsu stuck his tongue out and motioned at Wendy’s homework, “but remember the deal, homework has to be finished or no more ice-cream dates,”

“Aye sir!” Wendy teased, refocusing on her homework as Kimi watched their interaction fondly, thankful that though her family was dysfunctional they all took care of one another.
♠ ♠ ♠
New story! I'm super excited for this, I already have four chapters done.

I'm trying to improve on my descriptive writing so I'm trying really hard to make this story able to be read as an original.

This story does however have characters from the anime Fairy Tail in it so disclaimer; those characters belong to their rightful owner; Hiro Mashima. Original characters also belong to their owners and my friends. Thank you for letting me use these characters!