Status: Active

The Dragon's Vessel

Personal

"So how'd you end up joining the Thunder Legion?" Kimi asked curiously, she was sorting out her boxes of clothes and putting them into the chest of drawers as Priscilla helped move her boxes upstairs to her new room with her.

"When I was younger I befriended a dragon,” Priscilla paused to set the box down before continuing, “at this point I had no idea that he was one but he ended up being one of my best friends.” Priscilla chuckled as if she remembered something, “one night when I was walking home from his place I was attacked. I guess I must of had the scent of a dragon on me because the idiot thought I was one myself” Priscilla sighed at the thought, “fortunately for me there was a Legionnaire not too far, who happened to be investigating the area. He saved me and explained to me why I was attacked.” Kimi’s eyes snapped to the other woman, surprised the Legionnaire had told her the truth and not just covered the matter up by lying about why Priscilla was attacked. She went to ask about it but decided her question was best left for Andrei instead. “I decided to join a couple of weeks later when my friend went missing," Priscilla concluded her story with sadness in her voice.

Kimi glanced down at the box she had been emptying to reflect on what she’d just been told. It seemed like no one was safe. "I'm sorry about your friend.” Kimi finally broke the silence, “I really hope you find him." Kimi whispered, pushing down her sinking feelings of dread for the fate of her friend. "What was his name? If you don't mind me asking," Kimi clarified.

"Elefseria" Priscilla stated immediately as if that name alone should help, "and thanks I know I’ll find him, he's too stubborn to die." She had to laugh to hide her worry and pain, after all Dragons and their Vessels were being hunted down, killed and were now on the brink of extinction. Priscilla pinched her arm to distract herself from her terrible thoughts.

"That's a unique name. Laxxy or Jin might know of him, they’ve been around for a long time and travelled all over the place before meeting me and my family." Kimi stated thoughtfully.

"He’s a rather unique person so it was only natural that his name is also unique," Priscilla smiled at the thought of her friend, "and really? If they do I wonder if they might know anything that I don't know on the matter." She said, her voice filled with hope as she temporarily forgot the reason why she was at this Weyr clan.

Kimi only smiled in reply, she’d learned a long time ago not to make promises she couldn’t keep. For a moment the ladies busied themselves with putting things away as Erik came up to Kimi’s bedroom doorway and frowned at Kimi, distracting her from her current task as he spoke. "This place is big, it doesn't smell like you." He muttered, looking visibly on edge.

“Did you manage to get the bedroom across from me?” Kimi asked, sending Priscilla an apologetic smile, though they hadn’t been talking right that second she still felt bad for being interrupted.

“I had to convince Natsu to let me have it, I had to,” Erik paused, struggling to find the right word for a moment, “simplify the explanation why I needed it.” And without waiting for a reply Erik moved over to Kimi and crouched beside her, leaning in to her and burying his nose into her hair for a moment. He allowed himself to close his eyes and after a few seconds he pulled away and breathed deeply, nodding stiffly before moving back toward the door and disappearing from view, probably heading back to his own room.

Kimi cleared her throat as she gave Priscilla a side glance. "Sorry about that," she apologised, knowing that showing augmentations to others often lead to them feeling uncomfortable and squirmish. Kimi couldn’t help but flush at the fact that Priscilla had to witness an intimate moment with one of her dragon, though at least it was just Erik and not Natsu, Gajeel or worse, Laxus.

"Yeah suuuure, it’s no worries." Priscilla dragged out her words, having no idea what just happened but she was kind of too scared to ask as well.

Kimi smiled tightly, seeing how confused Priscilla was Kimi decided to explain, “Erik’s augmentation is scent. He needs to smell me to function, literally.” Kimi laughed without humour at her attempt to joke, “he accidentally became addicted to needing his augmentation fix. If he goes to long without it he could have a severe relapse." She tried to explain.

"Wow I never knew it was that serious," Priscilla said in shock, it seemed she still had a lot to learn about Dragons and their Vessels but she had a feeling she’d catch on quick if she stuck around long enough.

"We lived in a small, cramped apartment with little to no air flow for many years. Living like that meant Erik could smell me almost 24/7, he got used to it, developed such an enhanced ability to hear that he can read minds... but it all comes with a cost. He can't be away from my scent for very long and can't be in big crowds." Kimi further explained. "He has to spend a lot of time alone or with people he's comfortable with," she concluded sadly.

"Wow good thing he has a big family then," Priscilla smiled.

Kimi nodded, "at the end of the day we're all we've got and those who protect us of course," Kimi smiled to Priscilla.

"Kimi-nii, can you help me set up my bedroom," Wendy called from down the hallway.

Kimi excused herself from Priscilla and went to help Wendy. In fear of breaching Kimi’s new bedroom privacy Priscilla got up and made her out of Kimi’s bedroom, feeling weird to linger without her there.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so behind T_T