Status: Active

The Dragon's Vessel

Uninformed Rookie

Priscilla descended down the stairs and stopped at the landing to spot a mirror, she adjusted her blonde hair and neatened the twin buns she had rushed to pin up when she’d gotten a call from Andrei to be ready for pick up. “Unexpected but that’s part of the job,” Priscilla muttered, finding her way out onto the front porch where the familiar large form of Laxus had paused nearby to wipe the sweat from his forehead. He was carrying a large box from the truck to the entryway and in the process he had removed his shirt so his muscles were on clear display.

"Oh...oh my," Priscilla’s face went bright red as she blushed upon seeing Laxus. "Hi Laxus, good morning," she greeted, approaching him.

Laxus nodded to Priscilla, "no new leads on the attack?" He asked in a professional manner.

"There was one thing but we don't have proof that it's connected," she said looking at his chest instead of his face.

"Pris, my eyes are up here," Laxus teased, "and what's the thing?" He asked demandingly.

"Sorry," she looked up immediately to meet his eyes, her blush darkening. "Well there was this Vorpal Agent going around claiming he killed a dragon, and that he has his eye on his next target and that she better be careful, we have men out there now looking for him to bring back and question but so far that’s all we really have," she explained.

Laxus frowned in thought, "he was targeting a female? Kimi or someone else?" Laxus questioned, glancing at the front door where everyone was inside. "We can't risk her getting hurt," he muttered, more to himself than anyone else.

"We don't know his target but if it was or is Kimi, she'll be safe here." Priscilla stated matter-of-factly.

Laxus nodded, "with six dragons and two legionnaires she's in safe hands," he agreed.

"Agreed,” Priscilla nodded before realizing now might be the best and only opportunity she might get to ask about Elefseria, “oh, Laxus I was talking to Kimi about another Dragon, have you heard of one by the name of Elefseria before?" she asked.

Laxus paused in thought, "Elefseria..." he repeated the name a few times before finally nodding, "long blonde hair? skinny tall dude?" Laxus recalled.

"Yeah that sounds like him," Priscilla’s dark eyes sparkled with hope.

"Yeah? The dude was known for disappearing and reappearing elsewhere, wandering dragon type." He explained.

Priscilla’s hopefulness waned, "I don’t remember him being a wanderer, he was around for so long but that has to be him,” she sighed, “if you don't mind me asking, when was the last time you saw him?" she asked.

"I saw him briefly maybe a couple of month ago, spoke for two minutes before he was gone again," Laxus frowned, "why, what's up?"

"That means he's alive, good." She said to herself, though her heart ached at the thought that Elefseria left without saying anything to her, "He was an old friend is all, I've sorta been looking for him." She explained.

"You might not want to hear this but if he doesn't want to be found there's usually a reason." Laxus tried to explain carefully, not good with having to be tactful.

"No I won't accept that! We were friends for years, I deserve a explanation and I will get one." Priscilla said with determination.

Laxus studied Priscilla for a moment, not sure whether he should bring up why most human/dragon friendships don’t work out but decided she needed to know. “There could be a few reasons why he left, the most likely cause was probably that he was in danger. When we’re being hunted we leave everything and run. A lot of us don’t bother trying to befriend humans anymore. It’s not worth the pain or the constant fear and danger.”

"But he was the one to befriend me, being hunted or not he should of said something!" Priscilla said in frustration, part of her was glad she was getting these feelings off her chest but another part of her wanted her current feelings to be pushed down. It hurt to talk about this matter and to have his potential motivations finally come to light.

“You really don’t know much about us yet, do you?” Laxus realized, surprised by how little she really knew about them.

"Much like humans, not every Dragon is the same. Just because you would do something doesn't mean he would," Priscilla stated, more to convince herself than Laxus though.

Laxus shrugged, not caring to agree or disagree with Priscilla’s statement, she’d learn eventually what it was like to deal with Dragon problems now that she was a Legionnaire. Hunting Vorpal Agents was only half the burden, there was so much more involved.

"So Laxus what was it that you do exactly? What sort of power do you have?" She asked wanting to change topics.

Laxus didn't like the shift in conversation but saw no reason to avoid the inevitable subject. "Besides the usual super strength, super sense, super speed? Nothing. I don't use my augmentation." He informed. "I've learnt to fight without it."

"But why, just think how strong you could be!" Priscilla exclaimed in wonder.

Laxus’ expression darkened, “I do. Every damn day.” Laxus growled clutched the box he was still holding harshly, the corners were being crushed in by his grip and he had to stop himself from losing his temper. Priscilla didn’t know about his struggles with his augmentation or that he hated himself for not being able to use his power to his full potential.

Sensing Laxus’ mood shift dramatically Priscilla held back from questioning him further, she had only just meet him and Andrei and now his Weyr. She still wasn’t close enough to feel right about asking such personal questions, instead she cleared her throat. “We should probably head inside and see what the others are up too,” she prompted, turning and ducking quickly inside.
♠ ♠ ♠
There are quite a few characters in this story so please bare with me while I try to give them all spotlights so you get to know them.

If there are characters you'd like to see more of, let me know! :)