Status: Active

The Dragon's Vessel

Protocol

"So what's left to do?" Gajeel asked, placing the menu down to look at his new Weyr who sat around him at their usual diner, Orchard.

"We need to unpack the kitchen," Kimi replied, sipping some free water.

"In hindsight, that should have been one of the first things we got done." Laxus rolled his eyes.

"But then we wouldn't be here!" Wendy piped up excitedly, already knowing what she was getting for breakfast.

"Are you sure Andrei, Ever and Priscilla didn’t want to get a ride with us?" Kimi asked Laxus and Ryujin.

"They needed more time to settle into the guest house and organize themselves," Ryujin said looking at the menu and not being able to make up his mind.

A plucky young woman with mousy brown hair thrown up into a messy bun soon arrived to their table. Her name tag had ‘Elizabeth’ written across it. "Welcome back to the Orchard Diner!" Elizabeth produced a notebook and pen from her apron as she smiled to the group. "Are you guys all ready to order? Or would you prefer some drinks first?" She asked.

Satisfied with Ryujin’s answer Kimi went back to deciding what she wanted. "Pancakes with fresh fruit sounds delicious." She commented before glancing up to their waitress. "Morning Elizabeth," Kimi smiled with familiarity. "Can I have an iced chocolate and pancakes with fresh fruit please~" Kimi asked, sliding the menu to return to Elizabeth.

"Morning Kimi." She replied happily as she continued writing down their orders.

"I'll have the big breakfast." Laxus said gruffly.

"Make that two." Gajeel nodded, handing his menu over as well.

"Third that." Natsu grinned with excitement.

"Can I get the waffles with ice cream please?" Wendy asked, knowing this was the only time she was allowed icecream for breakfast.

"I'll have the egg benny with salmon thanks and a glass of orange juice please," Ryujin finally ordered

Elizabeth nodded as she finished writing down everyone's orders. "I'll get your orders to you right away!" She nodded as she picked up everyone's menus.

"I'll bring your drinks out to in just a moment, Kimi, Ryujin." Elizabeth sped off back towards the kitchen delivering the order to the cooks.

As soon as Elizabeth put the order up an older, scruffier man peeked his head out of the kitchen area, he had a similar appearance to Elizabeth, one could only assume they were related in some way. He waved towards the table, greeting everyone in one swift movement before turning to address a new chef with red hair.

Laxus nodded at Andrei in greeting as Kimi repositioned herself closer to him, making more room for Andrei, Evergreen and Priscilla to sit down. Gajeel who was sitting opposite shifted uncomfortably, having not seen Andrei since the attachment incident.

"Good morning, how’s the unpacking?" Ryujin smiled as he greeted them.

"Mornin', Mornin’, good yeah." Andrei nodded as he made sure Evergreen was seated, before sitting down himself. "How’s everyone doing?" He asked around the table and almost the whole table groaned in response to the question.

"Moving house has been stressful, but we've made it work, like we always do." Kimi smiled softly, being one of the only ones to not complain.

Laxus glanced around, seeing they were the only ones around he decided to bring up what was on his mind, "did you find anything more out on the agents that attacked Natsu and Kimi?" He changed subject drastically and Kimi flinched. "We're sitting around acting all happy go lucky, moving houses and shit but Natsu and Kimi barely survived. Another human knows about us." Laxus' looked at everyone, tense and angry at their situation.

Andrei's happy look faded as Laxus spoke. Andrei had been scrambling through all he could recently to find some sort of answer to shed light to what had happened. "Nothing new to report. But I've contacted my superiors and updated them on what we know." Andrei tapped the table. "For now we go back to the protective custody protocol, everyone should stick in pairs and Kimi isn’t to be left alone." Andrei ordered and Kimi frowned, not happy she’d be escorted everywhere from now on however she knew it was for her own best so didn’t try objecting. “I also think you should take a few days off of work Kimi,” Andrei continued.

“A few days?” Kimi did a quick think about what was currently happening at work. “Yeah I’ll call in sick and work from home.” Kimi concluded.

Soon enough Elizabeth arrived a tray with the iced chocolate and the orange juice."Kimi. Your iced chocolate " she sat it down in front of her. She then moved around to Ryujin placing the glass of orange in front of him before spotting the newcomers and producing three menus. "Are you guys looking to order?" Elizabeth asked.

"Thanks," Ryujin said focusing on Andrei. The table had paused the conversation as soon as Elizabeth got into earshot to serve them. The table was tense as they waited for Andrei to scan the menu and decide on what he wanted.

"Just a cappuccino for now please." He requested turning to Evergreen and Priscilla. "Want anything?" He asked them.

"Fruit salad please," Evergreen replied, glancing to inspect everyone around her as Priscilla shook her head, opting for a glass of water instead. "It must be hard, always being the catalyst." Evergreen pondered out loud, directing her comment to Kimi.

Elizabeth nodded, jotting the new orders down and wondering what the woman with glasses had meant but knowing the conversation wasn’t one to be interrupted she turned and made her way back to the front of house area, beginning to prepare the remaining food and drink order.

Kimi chewed on her lip and glanced to Evergreen, “I-” she cut herself off trying to figure out how to reply. “I never asked for this, to have this kind of responsibility.” Her face scrunched up as she tried to push down her rising feelings. “I love my family, don’t get me wrong,” Kimi clarified, looking to each member of her Weyr. “But sometimes I want to run away from all of this,” Kimi stated and she watched the table get tense. “I never would, you all know that, right? I know that you all depend on me. I accept that responsibility and sometimes I will feel overwhelmed but there’s nowhere I’d rather be than here with you all.” Kimi stated firmly.
♠ ♠ ♠
I wonder how I can go about getting more readers for this, I've been dead and gone from Mibba for so long but it's honestly still one of my favourite places to post. It's consistent and the layout of the chaptered stories are my favourite compared to every other site.

It's just so... quiet is all. Hmm.