Status: Active

The Dragon's Vessel

Despicable Behaviour

From the kitchen of Orchard Diner some banter could be heard between the two chiefs. The full table glanced toward the kitchen. "It looks like Benkei has a new lady friend." Kimi pointed out teasingly.

"Yes it would appear so," Ryujin said, pulling out his wallet to pay for his Weyr’s meal. “Funny wasn’t he chatting up another lady the other week,” Ryujin paused to think for a moment, “Kassandra, I think her name was.” Ryujin he said in a joking manner.

“Come to think of it, he is a bit of a ladies man isn’t he?” Evergreen shook her head in disapproval.

Kimi let out a laugh in reply to Evergreen’s statement, “I’m pretty sure they’re all accidents though, remember the time that lady confessed her love to Benkei while he was confessing his love to Erza? Or that time he was kissed by another woman while on a date,” Kimi recalled.

Laxus closed his eyes as he sighed heavily. “If anything that just proves we come here way too often.”

The table went silent for a moment as Gajeel spoke up, “so we’re not going to bring up the fact he’s having dates at his own diner?” He rolled his eyes.

“I don’t know, I think it’d kind of smart. Free meals for them and a familiar surrounding can help with confidence.” Ryujin pointed out logically.

“He’s also at the Empty Basin a lot,” Kimi piped up.

“I thought he looked familiar,” Gajeel stated, remembering Benkei step up with Ryujin, Laxus and Andrei when he bonded with Kimi. He was about to make a remark when a pink haired women called out from another table.

"What is this crap?!" She scowled, yelling loud enough so Elizabeth could hear before she tossed her food to the side, letting it’s contents slosh onto the table. Her companion, a handsome young man sitting next to her tried to reason with her.

"Genova, calm down it's not that bad," he muttered, trying to keep his voice low but most of Kimi’s table could hear him clearly anyway.

"Bullshit! Hey you, waitress! What is this dog food you’re feeding us?" The lady; Genova exclaimed out to Elizabeth, gaining the waitress’ attention as she turned around with a single eyebrow raised at her customer. Elizabeth dusted off her apron and placed her best ‘dealing with a rude customer’ face on and made her way over to the woman.

"Im sorry. What seems to be the issue?" Elizabeth asked with a polite smile on her face.

"Nothing, it's fine!" The man tried to say quickly.

"Quiet Raziel, yes this food is crap as you can see I'm not paying for this," the plate itself seemed to be almost completely finished but that wasn’t going to stop Genova from not paying.

The table full of Weyr had by now finished their meals but had turned to stare at Elizabeth soothing an unhappy customer.

Laxus sniffed the air and Gajeel and Natsu did the same. "That big mouthed female is one of us." Erik had taken his sunglasses off, speaking for the first time since they’d gotten to the diner and was staring at the female intensely. "The man with her is her vessel." Erik continued to explain, reading them like open books.

Kimi turned to look at the man who had been addressed as Raziel. It had been a long time since she’d meet another dragon and vessel. In fact she hadn’t seen others since her brother and his fiancée.

Elizabeth managed to keep her feelings in check as she continued to deal with unhappy trouble stirring Genova. "If you would like. I can have the cooks make you another dish?" Elizabeth reasoned and as if on cue Benkei walked out and lent against the counter, watching and being ready to step in if needed. The new chief also stepped out of the kitchen to watch the scene unfold.

"Genova, you’re making a scene," Raziel said pointing at Kimi’s table as they stared at the pair.

"So, what? Screw-" Genova cut herself off as she stopped and sniffed the air, "oh shit! This isn't good," Genova said, "we should go." she moved to leave, shoving Elizabeth aside and pulling Raziel to his feet. "Keep you stinking food!" she hollered, flicking her pink sidebangs away from her shoulder and leaving.

"Excuse me!" Elizabeth called out, unhappy that this customer had dined and dashed. "You can't run off without paying first!" She protested but hesitated to chase after her. Kimi approached, already taking a note out of her purse to give to Elizabeth, it was enough to pay for the meals and leave a nice tip. Kimi didn’t stick around long enough for Elizabeth to reject or accept her offer, moving forward to quickly follow Genova out the door to confront her.

“Hey!” Kimi called to the pair, furious at the behaviour Genova just laid out inside the diner. Raziel stopped and turned to face Kimi, only when he stopped did Genova also come to a stand still and look at Kimi from over her shoulder.

"Hey to you too," Genova said in a condensing voice.

"Do you normally go around making a scene and behaving like a toddler throwing a tantrum?" Kimi asked scowling in disapproval. It was one thing to do so because of poor quality food but there was no way she was acting out because of the food.

"I'm sorry we can’t all be stuck up princess’ like you," Genova taunted.

"Stuck up?" Kimi felt herself losing her temper. Kimi realized that they were probably the reason why her and Natsu got attacked the other night. "You love causing a scene. Which means Vorpal Agents are following you." She hissed.

"Let them, I can take them" Genova smirked cockily as her vessel huffed in protest.

Kimi clenched her fist, "let them?" She whispered, remembering her brothers death and her own close calls. "If you want to gamble your life away fine. But leave my Weyr out of it." She hissed as Erik, Laxus and Natsu came out to check on Kimi.

"Three dragons? Well someone has clearly made some friends but which one is yours huh? The big handsome one, oh I hope not," Genova smiled, licking her lips as she eyed Laxus up as Natsu growled and Laxus himself folded his arms, flexing his muscles as he did so.

"Are you that unaware of your surrounding that you didn’t notice them?" Kimi asked with narrowed eyes, “or are you that ignorant that you can go around acting however you please thinking no consequences would catch up with you?” Kimi lectured.

"I had a lot of food in front of me, it messed with my senses, I smelt Dragons but I didn’t realize there was a full Weyr." Genova admitted with a careless shrug. "Anyway I do whatever I like because I can handle any 'consequences' that come my way." She air quoted the word consequences.

"Even if those consequences mean hurting other dragons and vessels? We nearly died the other night because Vorpals probably thought we were you two!" Kimi retorted angrily. "I'm back in protective custody because of your actions."

"Well doesn't that suck,” Genova laughed, showing she had no remorse for her actions, “if only if you had more dragon friends than just your common vessel," she stated sarcastically. “Maybe they could have stepped in and helped.”

Having enough of an argument that was going nowhere Laxus scoffed, "yes luckily Natsu,” Laxus jabbed a thumb in Natsu’s direction as he addressed him, “one of her dragons was there to initially protect her while Gajeel her newest dragon arrived shortly to the scene to help out." He growled, pointing toward the diner.

Genova went to argue back but Raziel cut her off, “ are you saying that all the dragons here are… bonded to one vessel?” He asked in surprised horror.

Kimi shrugged, "guess we're going extinct." She replied darkly.

Raziel looked thoughtful for a moment as he looked at Kimi, “right, we’ll be going now. We won’t bother you guys again,” he promised turning and leaving with an unhappy Genova following.

Laxus glared after the pair and Kimi hesitated for a moment. "If you ever need us my name is Kimi Marvell!" Kimi called out after making sure they were the only ones in the carpark.

"Really?" Laxus protested and Kimi turned, shrugging. "It's better to push them away but they're still a rare sight to see. Even if some personalities are shitty we have to try stick together." Kimi argued.
♠ ♠ ♠
This one ended up being rather long but I couldn't justify splitting it into two parts ><

Hope you enjoyed it!