Status: Active

The Dragon's Vessel

Wounds

Kimi made her way out of the bedroom and looked for Laxus with her phone in her hand. After what happened earlier seeing him was the last thing on her list of what she wanted to do. "Laxus," Kimi called, "I know I'm on house arrest but I got a worrying message from Masumi, can we pop in to see her please?" Kimi asked.

“Worrying message like what,” Laxus yelled from somewhere in the house. “She broke a nail or something?”

"It just says: scared need help come quickly." Kimi finally found Laxus and showed him Masumi's text. "No grammar, something's really wrong," Kimi stressed, already turning to head to the car.

“Fiiiiine,” Laxus drawled, not letting on to Kimi that it was a bit disconcerting. “I’ll take you.”

"Then hurry, the quicker we get there the quicker we can make sure she's okay." Kimi declared, having already hopped in the passenger's seat and buckled up.

“Alright, alright,” Laxus got in the car and got sorted. “Just tell me where to go.”

Kimi thought for a moment before proceeding to give him the quickest directions to Masumi's apartment. Once they arrived and had parked up Kimi hopped out and buzzed them into the building, having remembered the code from when she had fed Masumi's cat when Masumi was away. After a moment they arrived at Masumi's front door and heard something break inside. Kimi tried the door, surprised that it swung open so easily, only to show debris and broken furniture. "Oh no," Kimi whispered, darting inside to find Masumi without a second thought.

Laxus frowned as a smell of death became apparent to him. “Kimi, wait!” he called, racing in after her.

Hearing a groan Kimi followed it and spotted Masumi lying on the dining room ground covered in blood. “Masumi,” Kimi gasped, hearing Masumi groan in pain again.

“No more, please,” Masumi whispered, trying to make her body smaller and less of a target.

“It’s okay,” Kimi crouched down, scared to touch Masumi but wanting to comfort her.

Hearing the front door open, a figure moved to loom over the unexpected visitor, his completely blackened eyes watched her for a moment before seeing her reach toward Masumi and his reflexes kicked in. He lashed out and gripped Kimi’s neck from behind, picking her up with ease and pinning her up against the closest wall, strangling her in the process.

Kimi struggled to get out of his grip, gasping for air as she realized the figure was Gray, Masumi’s boyfriend. Laxus came into the room and spotted Kimi struggling against Gray. He let out an inhumane roar and ran at this black-eyed freak, clawing at him and pulling him away with his draconic strength. In the process, Gray was forced to let go of Kimi and she dropped to the ground harshly, sucking in air greedily. Not impressed that he had been interrupted Gray growled, aiming his own clawed hand at Laxus' face who countered Gray’s attack by snapping his canine teeth at the oncoming hand, lightning faintly shrouded his body, deterring Gray’s attack and forcing him to step back and assess the situation.

Kimi crawled passed the men and over to Masumi. "What's wrong with him?" Kimi asked her in a raspy voice, her throat bruising but her focus remaining on Masumi and making sure she was okay.

“I don’t know,” Masumi cried shakily. “We kept arguing when we got home and his eyes just went black after I said I wanted to leave.”

Kimi turned to look at the fight between the men, Gray's body was turning blue and the air was getting ice-cold as he went to punch at Laxus again, seemingly recovered by the threat of Laxus’ lightning. "You should have stayed out of this." Gray hissed at him.

“And maybe you shouldn’t have put your girlfriend at risk,” Laxus growled back, the similarity not passing him by. Taking the hit, he threw his own opposite punch.

"His eyes went black?" Kimi whispered, watching the exchange before turning back to Masumi, "are you hurt badly?' She asked, scared to move Masumi in case she had internal injuries but hoping she only had surface injuries.

“I know I am, but I can’t feel anything,” Masumi started to shake with quiet, hysterical laughter. “This is... this is just typical. The one guy...” Her voice trailed off as Kimi hushed her.

"That's rich coming from you!" Gray roared, losing more and more control, a thin barbed tail burst out of his lower back and he aimed to swipe it at Laxus' face.

Laxus grunted in pain, drawing back with fists up as he eyed the tail warily. “At least I actually protected my girlfriend. Look what you did to yours.”

Kimi’s eyes darted up at the sudden yelling and she took in a sharp intake of breath. "He's changing, Laxus..." Kimi whispered, "he hasn't fed..." Kimi looked down to Masumi. "Stay here, I have to go help Laxus," Kimi muttered, slowly rising from her spot and looking to Laxus from behind Gray.

Laxus motioned for Kimi to go, intent on keeping her away from this aberration. But as soon as he motioned at Kimi Gray turned his dark eyes on her. "Should have stayed out of this." He repeated with a snarled, flicking his tail up to strike Kimi but she ducked in time for it to miss her and strike the dining table behind her.

“Hey ugly,” Laxus taunted. “Don’t you want to know who would win in a fight between a dragon and a demon?”

Kimi hissed as Laxus drew attention back to himself. "Laxus!" Kimi shoved passed the distracted Gray and bolted to stand next to Laxus. "Kiss me." She demanded and Laxus did it without hesitation, grabbing Kimi and lifting her up as he kissed her.

Gray gave a disgusted, confused look, not understanding what was happening. "Are you a succubus or something?" Gray sneered, moving his tail to attempt to grip Kimi and throw her off the dragon.

Laxus spun, blocking Gray’s attempt to attack Kimi with his own body as her eyes glowed purple, giving her energy to Laxus and making sure Laxus could fight Gray on an even field. Feeling herself grow faint Kimi forced herself to separate from Laxus, stumbling out of the way as she tried to get back to Masumi.

Gray noticed Laxus' power up and ignored Kimi, launching at Laxus with his full body but Laxus roared in anger as he threw a punch wreathed in lightning, canines lengthening as he bared his teeth. Not expecting Laxus' power up Gray took the hit full on and was electrocuted as he was thrown back, landing in an unconscious heap on the kitchen floor close by.

“Asshole,” Laxus cursed, striding over to check he was actually out.

"Oh god," Kimi muttered, moving over to Masumi, "we need to take her to Jinxx," Kimi stated.

Laxus kicked Gray who didn't move, satisfied he made his way back to Kimi and swiftly gathered Masumi up into his arms, swearing as he jostled some of her injuries causing her to cry out. “Let’s go.” He commanded.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh my! Another creature has been revealed! And it's GRAY?! Poor Masumi! I hope she gets better as soon as possible! What's going to happen now :O

I hope you enjoyed this chapter~

I massive thank you to Jess being my co-writer for this chapter and for being my advisor and editor <3 I am blessed to have you in my life ^_^