Status: Active

The Dragon's Vessel

Eavesdropper

Kimi woke from her nap and noticed it was dark, untangling herself from Erik's arms she got up and moved to check on Masumi. Her water and medicine were untouched and she seemed to still be asleep.

Kimi lingered for a moment before heading to the dining room and finding it empty, it looked like no one had eaten. Grabbing her phone she checked the time and cursed but decided to call Benkei anyway.

After about 20 seconds Benkei picked up the phone.

"Kimi?" He said sounding a little distracted, "what can I do for yah?" Benkei asked.

"Hey, Benkei. I know it's close to closing time at the diner but could me and the family pop in for some dinner, we've had a bit of a rough day but still need to eat." Kimi asked.

Benkei remained silent for a brief moment in quiet contemplation, "yeah sure. It's been quiet here so the business would be appreciated.”

"Great! Thanks Benny, we'll be in soon," Kimi informed as she hung up and went to round everyone up.

15 minutes later Kimi is sitting in the backseat of Laxus' car, wedged between Gajeel and Natsu. "Andrei was coming right?" Kimi asked for confirmation.

"He was going to meet us there from the gym," Laxus replied.

"Then why the hell are we squeezed in the back," Natsu whined, trying to manspread and adjust himself.

"Because you wanted to sit next to Kimi and she was already in the backseat with me, fucking idiot." Gajeel retorted to Natsu and Laxus smirked.

"Who are you calling an idiot, metal face!" Natsu tried to lean over and send Gajeel a punch but Gajeel used Kimi as a barricade.

During the time he had before Kimi and her family was due to arrive Benkei restarted the ovens and fryers as well as snagged a bottle of whiskey from his stash. He sat it on the pass as he began to bring his kitchen back to life.

It seemed like forever riding in the backseat between Natsu and Gajeel but Laxus finally parked up in the carpark of Orchard Diner. The group hop out and make their way inside, greeting Benkei gratefully as he sat near the counter. "Evening all. Welcome to the Orchard Diner," Benkei said with a grin. "Grab a chair and I'll cook something up,” he declared, getting up and making his way around the counter.

Kimi made her way over and chose a chair close to where Benkei had been sitting previously. "I could eat almost anything." Kimi sighed tiredly.

“Thanks,” Laxus acknowledged with a grunt, brushing past Benkei and dropping into a seat beside Kimi.

Benkei chuckled, "so do you guys want anything in particular? Or just whatever?" He asked, "and what about drinks?"

"Just whatever for me and some water please," Kimi replied.

Benkei disappeared into the kitchen momentarily before popping back up with a bottle of water and pouring Kimi a glass of water. He slid it over to her. "I'll start cooking after I hear what everyone else wants, also how are things? You mentioned you had a rough day?" Benkei prodded, wanting more details on what this unusual family had gotten up too.

“That’s putting it lightly,” Laxus snorted, pouring his own glass of water.

"Masu got hurt pretty bad but we got her help, now she's at home resting," Kimi replied to Benkei as she drunk her glass of water.

Benkei nodded a look of thought on his face. "Geezus, what happened to her? I've only ever heard you mention her once or twice before."

"Domestic violence," Kimi replied quietly. "Laxus managed to stop him." Kimi frowned.

Benkei looked off for a moment before sighing, “alright I'll get started on some food." Benkei headed towards the kitchen and soon enough the smell of food filled the air.

“You shouldn’t put yourself in danger like that,” Laxus admonished Kimi, thinking about what had happened earlier in the day.

Kimi turned to Laxus, "I can't help it. I know I'm careless and I know I abuse the fact that I can heal if I'm fed on but like I told Priscilla, if I can stop others from getting hurt that can't heal I'm happy being a punching bag." She stated.

Every few moments some of the words being said would catch Benkei's ears. 'Fed on.. abuse, punching bag' he thought to himself as he continued to cook. 'What are they talking about?'

“Heart’s too big,” Laxus shook his head in annoyance and affection for Kimi equal.

"It has to be or I'd go insane with all this responsibility." Kimi smiled sadly.

The room fell silent for a long time with the occasional noise from Natsu.

"Right you lot, food’s up!" Benkei yelled as he emerged with a severe amount of food piled on his arms. He sat the food in front of the hungry crew. "Enjoy it all, got plenty more where that came from.”

Just as Benkei set the food down Natsu said a quick thanks before scoffing down whatever was in front of him. Gajeel plated up Kimi a mixer of food and pushed it in front of her before grabbing his own food. "Don't want you missing out," he said gruffly.

"Thanks,” Kimi said to Gajeel with a small smile before turning to Benkei. "Thank Benny,” Kimi proclaimed as she dug in to the plate of food

Benkei nodded. "No problem." He pulled himself up a chair and poured himself a drink.

Just then footsteps came down the stairs and Chandra soon revealed herself. "Evening all!" She greeted as she made her way passed everyone

"Oh you're still here Chandra? Sorry if we're keeping you as well." Kimi stated after finishing a mouthful.

Chandra shook her head as she sat herself down putting on her boots. "S'all good was just having a chat with the boss here." She stated casually.

“A chat with Benkei that involved not having shoes on? Interesting,” Kimi observed.

Chandra blinked a few times. "Uhh.." She stuttered, trying to think of a good lie, "well I'm not gonna walk out of here with my chef crocs on. Things are bloody hideous.” The firey red head replied smoothly with a smile at Kimi who went back to eating.

Benkei glanced away as he took a swig of his drink. "See you next week then?" Benkei questioned.

Having put both boots on Chandra stood to her feet, "can't wait," she said with a smile as she headed out, opening the door for Andrei as he reached the door the same time she was leaving. "Your friends are inside," she said as she slipped past him heading off to her car.

"Oh. Thanks." Andrei smiled as he ducked inside. "Hey gang!" Andrei waved to everyone as he sat down, setting his gym bag beside him and grabbing a plate of his own.

Benkei waved to Andrei before he threw back his drink and slammed his cup down on the counter causing Kimi to flinch at the sudden noise and Gajeel to stop eating to look at him. "Now Kimi I overheard bits and pieces of what you and Laxus were talking about."

"Oh? About what exactly?" Kimi feigned innocence.

Benkei gave Kimi a hard look, "about being a punching bag to protect people-"

"Metaphorically speaking." Kimi said calmly but cutting Benkei off.

Benkei regarded her keenly for a moment. "Right I see." Benkei rubbed his bearded chin thoughtfully for a moment eying the bottle of whiskey he had and shaking his head, "what about being fed on. The hell does that mean?"

Kimi froze and set her fork down slowly, unsure of what excuse to make up for that one. "It's just a kink between Laxus and I." Kimi blurted out, inwardly slapping herself.

"Is it now?" Andrei asked Kimi and eyed up Laxus.

Laxus blushed in response to Andrei’s teasing, shaking a fist at Andrei as soon as he was sure Benkei wasn’t looking.

"Ah," Benkei said simply, pouring himself another glass.
♠ ♠ ♠
A second chapter so soon?

I couldn't have done it without my amazing friend group <3