Status: Active

The Dragon's Vessel

Disfigured

The group arrived back to find Ryujin waiting up for them at the dining table. Gajeel and Natsu headed to bed while Laxus and Kimi filled Ryujin in on their day.

"So you reckon this is another attack on us?" Ryujin asked.

"That's the thing," Kimi paused for a moment, "since when do Vorpal Agents start fires?" Kimi contemplated as she tapped her teacup and leaned back into her chair.

"That is strange, perhaps it's a new group like a sub vorpal agents?" Ryujin suggested.

"Or it's a completely unrelated incident." Laxus threw his hands into the air in exasperation. "Here we are, so used to being the victims that anything bad that happens around us, we immediately assume it's meant for us."

"Unless they were after Benkei then I'm sure it was. A fire doesn't just happen because Benkei forgot to switch the stove off, which brings me to the fact that he would never do that." Ryujin said, deep in thought.

"We know he didn't. Natsu said the fire had a starting point close to the kitchen exit. It was lit on purpose. Maybe Benkei does have enemies." Laxus shrugged.

"If this incident turns out to be on him I'm going to be kind of pissed. He made a big deal about not feeling safe knowing us because of this incident." Kimi frowned.

"Did he honestly say that?" Ryujin asked, turning to Kimi for her answer.

"I feel like even interacting with you and your family is putting myself at risk," Kimi repeated what Benkei had said. "He doesn't even know the full truth." Kimi huffed.

"Wow and here I thought we had an ally," Ryujin said, “as for Masumi she's still in bed. I've been keeping an eye on her," he informed.

"She hasn't stirred?" Kimi asked suddenly.

"No, she hasn’t," Ryujin said, "would anyone like a drink?"

Both Laxus and Kimi shook their heads. "Jin, did you know demons existed?" Kimi asked suddenly, "if so, why did neither of you ever think to tell me sooner?" Kimi glanced between the men.

"I did know and I never mentioned anything because I didn't think we'd ever see one," Ryujin bowed his head.

For a moment Kimi remained silent, taking in the information as she clenched her hands into fists in frustration. "I thought we were meant to be a family!" She said harshly, standing up abruptly in anger. "We promised each other no secrets." Kimi stared between both Laxus and Ryujin before turning around and storming out of the dining room, heading to go check on Masumi.

Kimi arrived in her room to see Masumi still lying in her bed. She closed the door behind her and slid down it. "Is this how the others feel when I'm asleep for too long?" Kimi asked allowed. "Please wake up soon Masu." She whispered, getting up and moving to sit in a chair beside her bed. "A little while ago I wished that I could tell you everything about me but if I'd have known it'd be under these circumstances I would have never made that wish. I'm sorry." Kimi rambled, sniffing back tears. Kimi pulled her knees up to her chest and buried her face into her legs, sighing loudly in defeat.

“Could you... keep it down,” Masumi rasped out, having been on the cusp of wakefulness for a while. “I’m trying to sleep.”

Kimi looked up when she heard Masumi talk. "Sorry," Kimi whispered, chewing her bottom lip to hold back her tears.

“Thank you,” Masumi closed her eyes gently, wincing when her back rubbed against the bed as she shifted.

"You should take some painkillers," Kimi said softly.

“I don’t think this type of pain will go away with a pill,” Masumi brought her hands to her eyes and covered them.

"I should have gotten there sooner, I could have been the punching bag instead," Kimi whispered, clutching her skirt tightly.

“That’s dumb,” Masumi whispered bluntly. “You didn’t know what was happening, so don’t beat yourself up about it.”

"Masu," Kimi croaked. "I wish I could do more to help. You'll be safe here with my family. We'll protect you if need be." Kimi whispered.

“Won’t he come here?” she questioned, starting to shake.

"He can try but he won't get far, this house is full of dragons. My weyr. They won't let anything happen to us." Kimi tried to explain.

“I’m sorry, but I just don’t believe you,” Masumi said sadly.

"In a time like this, actions will speak a thousand times louder than words. For now, you can stay here if you like?" Kimi offered. "Stay in my room, I'll share with Erik," Kimi stated.

“I thought you liked Lazes or whatever his name was,” Masumi replied.

"Laxus," Kimi corrected. "And I do but being with him is impossible so it's easier to share a bed with Erik," Kimi informed, chewing on her lip.

“Okay,” Masumi frowned minutely. “I don’t think I want to be alone,” she admitted quietly.

"I'll stay until you get sick of my face." Kimi gave a sad smile through tears.

“Thanks,” Masumi mumbled. “I’m really tired still, is that weird?”

Kimi shook her head, "not at all, when my energy is drained I can sleep for up to 3 days."

“English?” Masumi asked. “You said something about ‘where’ before.”

"My Weyr, spelt W-E-Y-R. It's a term for dragon clan." Kimi explained. "I'm a vessel. A container of power that the guys can feed from to gain their elemental powers and if they gain enough power they'll transform in half dragon half men... or full dragon." Kimi laughed without humor.

“Vampires,” was all Masumi said, inching away from Kimi very slowly.

"Don't move, you'll undo your stitches," Kimi scolded lightly. "I wouldn't make jokes about vampires. They might be real." Kimi said bitterly.

Masumi sobered at the mention of stitches. “How... How bad is it?”

Kimi gulped, "you'll have some pretty bad scars on your back but otherwise you'll heal. Jinxx did a pretty good job and once Wendy wakes up I'll get her to heal as much of your wounds as possible." Kimi chewed her inner cheek.

“I want to see,” Masumi demanded.

"Masumi." Kimi frowned before getting up. "Let me help you sit up, I'll move my mirror to face your back."

Kimi instructed, slowly helping Masumi up. Masumi was dressed in a baggy shirt, no bra and only underwear on. "Jinxx and I changed you," Kimi informed as she handed Masumi water and painkillers before going to fetch the mirror.

“Thanks,” Masumi downed the water, looking at the medication absentmindedly as she sat.

Kimi dragged her long mirror over to the opposite side of the bed, placing it directly behind Masumi. "When you're ready." Kimi murmured.

Masumi tried to take a deep breath, it shuddering out of her as she attempted to gather her courage. Deciding it was now or never, she pulled her shirt off slowly and turned her head, a whimper escaping her and tears welling up.

Kimi averted her eyes in fear of crying herself. "It'll heal but you'll be left with scars. I'm sorry." Kimi hiccuped.

“I’m... It’s awful,” Masumi cried.

"These scars prove how strong you are," Kimi stated softly, knowing no words would make Masumi's pain better. "You should rest," Kimi instructed.

“Okay,” Masumi sniffled, forgoing the shirt and laying on her side.

Kimi carefully pulled the covers back up over Masumi and sat back in the seat, making sure Masumi got rest and eventually drifting off herself.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hopefully I'll be able to upload two more chapters today~