Status: Active

The Dragon's Vessel

Revealing Offer

The next morning Kimi and Erik stood outside the diner and Kimi breathed out before approaching and knocking on the door.

"It's open!" Benkei called from inside.

Benkei sat at a table covered in several leather-bound books and a laptop that sat in front of him. He read over papers depicting the damages and how much it would cost to fix.

Kimi and Erik walked in and Erik assessed the damage. "Natsu said it looked like an arson attack."

Benkei nodded. "Yeah I've had a few words with police about it already," he rested the papers down and let out a gruff sigh. "Not gonna lie. It's not looking good for the diner"

"How much stuff is smoke damaged?" Kimi asked curiously.

Benkei shook his head grimly, "Too much, I've been checking the gas lines behind the ovens and such. They were close to exploding. Suppose it's not all bad. Been meaning to upgrade the look of this place abit.." He placed a small smile on his face. "Suppose now is as good a time as any,”

"Remodeling can be fun, especially with a group of friends to help you out." Kimi smiled.

"Is that you and your family offering to help out?" Benkei chuckled. "Thanks I'll gladly accept the help."

Kimi grinned, "I do have a second reason for offering, I need to get out of the house. After a recent attack on Natsu and myself, I've been in protective custody." Kimi glanced over to Erik who turned to look at Benkei.

"Didn't you have insurance on this place?" Erik asked, sifting through Benkei's worried mind. "If not I'm sure we can find deals on everything you need to replace."

Benkei looked at Erik for a brief moment, that was a bit of an odd question to ask as he was just thinking about it. He thought for a moment before answering, "yeah I do," he answered. "But I'll get just enough to cover damages considering I have evidence that it was an arson attack."

Kimi clapped her hands in excitement. "Revamp!" She cheered. "Plus I guess we can talk about everything," Kimi stated moving over to check furniture for damages. As if reading Kimi's mind Erik started doing the same, picking a large overly heavy piece of debris up with ease and moving to take it outside.

"Gonna-"

"Yeah," Erik said cutting Kimi off.

"Christ, you're strong," Benkei stated aloud towards Erik. Benkei moved to place all his notes in a nice organized pile before he shut his laptop down and started inspecting the counter for damages.

"Super strength," Kimi clarified as she started placing damaged furniture onto one side of the diner, close to the door. "But unlike the myths and legends, not all of them breathe fire." Kimi joked for her own benefit.

"Right," Benkei muttered. "So you and your family are all like dragons? Is that what Gajeel means by special?"

"Me?" Kimi snorted, "I'm not a dragon, just a human vessel." She explained. "Not as special as they are." Kimi finished as Erik came in and clicked his tongue in annoyance at her statement.

"Stop." He stated to her.

The countertop seemed to be in fine order, Benkei concluded glancing up at the pair, "So you’re the vessel... to do what for your dragons?"

"She contains our power, the life force that lets us use our abilities and allows us to shift into our original forms or in between our human and dragon form," Erik stated as simply as he could.

"And you all feed on her?" Benkei blinked a few times. "That sounds incredibly kinky if you don't know the full story.”

Kimi flushed, "that's why we try to keep feeding to the house."

"Once upon a time there used to be one vessel to every dragon. But we've been poached to near extinction. Wanted for our dragon body parts and powers." Erik explained.

Benkei chuckled lightly before turning to Erik. "Are those the guys who attacked you and the reason why Kimi’s in protective custody?” Benkei asked for clarification.

"Yes. It's usually not that bad but we believe the arrogant customer and her partner were stirring up trouble and Kimi got caught up in their mess." Erik sighed as he picked up more damaged furniture to remove.

"Ah. It's always about money." Benkei said then he thought for a moment. "Why do they need Dragon parts?"

"Why do poachers like hunting for animals?" Erik said crudely. "Glory, money, medicinal beliefs."

Benkei glanced away for a moment. 'To help supply my diner with fresh meat,' Benkei thought to himself but said, "suppose you’re right there, Erik.”

"There's a difference between poachers and hunters." Erik retorted to Benkei’s thoughts.

"Is there anything else you want to know?" Kimi asked Benkei.

Benkei thought for a moment. "Is there anyone else looking out for you and your family?"

"Andrei leads a Special Forces team that specializes in protecting dragons and their vessels," Kimi answered.

"Special forces huh?" Benkei questioned, moving to serve them all some drinks. "I spent a bit of time in the military myself as well"

"Really?" Kimi asked with interest, wanting Benkei to explain further as she took a drink on offer and drunk it.

Benkei nodded. "Five years. I was a pretty decent Scout for the Army using what I already knew from my father I was a pretty effective soldier,"

"Did something happen for you to end up here?" Kimi quizzed.

"Dad got sick," Benkei said as he opened his own bottle. "Had to get out and come back home. Izzy couldn't take care of it alone. And mum well she's not in the picture anymore" Benkei stated as he drunk his soda.

"I'm sorry," Kimi frowned sadly. "I'm glad you came back though or we wouldn't have met or had a regular diner to eat at." Kimi tried to lighten.

"It definitely isn't all bad. Met Chandra, made better friends with you guys." Benkei grinned raising his bottle. "Plus I get to run this place."

Kimi rose her own almost finished glass. "To Benkei and his family and to getting back on your feet." Kimi cheered.

"I'll drink to that" Benkei cheered as well as he downed the rest of his soda.
♠ ♠ ♠
One more update for the day~