Status: Active

The Dragon's Vessel

Mistrust

"Are we going to get Elizabeth and my girlfriend involved?" Benkei asked, breaking the silence.

"Kimi is a firm believer in no secrets between family members," Erik spoke up, reentering.

"So I take that's a yes to bringing them along? Chandra's a feisty one and Elizabeth... well she'll surprise yah I'm sure,"

"You're taking this well for someone who's just learned about mythical creatures being real," Kimi said offhandedly.

Benkei shrugged "As far as I'm concerned." Benkei pointed to Erik. "He's just a regular guy who's just as strong as two men." Meanwhile, Benkei thought. 'I'm kinda scared. He can probably break me in two'

"Two is an understatement," Erik smirked.

Benkei looked at Erik incredulously. "Did you just read my mind?" He asked, shocked.

Erik returned outside and Kimi got up. "It's his power, he can read minds, that's why he doesn't get out much."

"That's incredibly invasive and rude," Benkei exclaimed.

"Get upset all you want. He can't help it. If he could he wouldn't do it." Kimi got defensive, snapping slightly.

Benkei glanced to Kimi then to Erik who went outside. "I mean it's not the worse thing in the world. And I can understand it being a nuisance to Erik,"

"It's not just a nuisance, he has to be a recluse. He can't go into crowds, can't enjoy public spaces like parks or lakes." Kimi rambled. "He lives his life holed up addicted to my scent."

"Is that how he feeds on you?" Benkei questioned. "By your smell?"

"We lived in a cramped house where her scent was everywhere. It's like a constant high, if I don't get my fix I become unbearably aggressive." Erik came back in.

Benkei nodded slowly thinking for a minute. "You ever think of learning sign language Erik? Either that or reading lips." Benkei then pointed to his ears. "And maybe some earplugs or stylish earmuffs for your ears?"

"I can lip-read, never thought about sign language but yes, you've got a good train of thought." Erik agreed.

Benkei smiled at that, "Thanks." Benkei then glanced to Kimi. "So what can the other dragons do?

Kimi thought for a moment. "Natsu can eat fire and redirect it if need be. He's resistant against fire as well. Jin can control water and blood. Wendy can control air and heal minor injuries. Gajeel can turn his flesh to steel and transform his limbs into steel objects. Laxus can create lightning and thunderstorms." Kimi tried to sum up.

Benkei let out a small huff "Okay. I'm actually kind of excited to properly meet the rest of the crew.”

"It's pretty cool to see them use their powers but my favourite thing is flying on the back of a dragon." Kimi's eyes lit up as she spoke.

"Id imagine it's not the same as a plane?" Benkei chuckled.

"It's much more freeing," Kimi said matter-of-factly as she got back to work.

Image


After spending most of the day helping Benkei out Kimi and Erik arrived home, tired and sore.

"Where'd you find that?" Laxus snapped at Andrei as Kimi and Erik walked into the house.

Natsu and Gajeel were standing off to the side, watching the exchange warily.

"What's going on?" Kimi asked, noticing the tension.

"I'd recognize this sigil anywhere!" Andrei spat at Laxus. He clutched the letter with a force grip.

"You can explain to Kimi instead of me eh? Laxus?"

Laxus turned to look at Kimi, not realizing her and Erik had arrived home. "Great. Perfect timing as per usual." Laxus growled in frustration.

Feeling put on the spot Kimi shifted uncomfortably, "what sigil?"

Andrei didn't stop flaring at Laxus but opened his hand towards Kimi. A letter clearly addressed to Laxus was in his hand. Atop the letter was the easily recognizable sigil of Dragon’s Bane. His fist shook slightly

Kimi moved forward to take a closer look. "Do they know our location?" Kimi asked, feeling the panic rise within her.

"No." Laxus retorted. "It was left in a PO Box. And it doesn't matter. I was never planning on following through with it." His hands clenched into fists.

"But why are you talking to them in the first place? We fight against them! Not organize little play dates with our enemies!" Andrei wasn't losing ground here and was furious.

"I'm not in communication with them. I haven't heard from them in centuries." Laxus defended. "I was never planning on going back to them, no matter how hard they begged." He crossed his tense arms.

"Go back?" Kimi questioned.

Ryujin entered heard the commotion and went to leave because this was only going to cause trouble.

"Oi. If I'm going down you're coming down with me." Laxus called out, spotting Ryujin trying to flee.

Ryujin turned back and sighed, "look unless you know our history, it's kind of hard to explain anything," he rubbed the back of his head.

"Wait. Ryujin is also involved?" Andrei threw the letter at Laxus's feet
.
Laxus went to pick the letter up but Kimi was faster. "Just give it." Laxus sighed heavily.

"No. What's going on." Kimi said through gritted teeth. "More secrets?!" Kimi looked between Laxus and Ryujin. "First the demon and now this? Are you kidding me?"

"It's not what it looks like!" Laxus said in frustration.

"And what does it look like Laxus?" Andrei folds his arms.

It was Laxus' turn to shift uncomfortably as he looked to Ryujin for support.

"Where to begin, a long time ago Laxus's father created and founded the Dragon’s Bane. He wanted a dragon for himself so he could kill the rest with more ease. He was able to capture and slay the Lightning Dragon, giving Laxus their powers, I meet him and I managed to get him out of that place, however they still want him. They still think that he's going to suddenly go dark side, those letters are just them trying to recruit him. If you would have asked nicely and spoken to one of us before losing your shit then you would have figured out that Laxus has never replied to them because he has no intention of joining them." Ryujin’s voice got louder as he spoke, just the thought of losing his oldest friend put him in a defensive state.

"You've got to be kidding me, so you're not even an actual dragon?" Gajeel asked in confusion.

"DON'T YOU EVER SAY THAT!" Ryujin lost his cool, "this man is more dragon then you will ever be," part of Ryujin felt off kinda, light-headed he needed to sit down.

Gajeel flinched as Ryujin yelled at him. "Whatever you say," he muttered.

Laxus by now had switched his emotions off, letting Ryujin get angry for him as he turned and noticed the uneasiness in Kimi's eyes. Out of all the people he expected to mistrust him, Kimi wasn't one of them.

Andrei kept his arms folded. "Ryujin. You also gotta see it from our perspective. I've spent years training Laxus and fighting alongside you both against these guys. To see this without warning raised a lot of alarms."

Andrei sighed. "I apologize for not reading it. But it doesn't excuse the fact you hadn't told us earlier Laxus."

"I want them gone as much as you. I always have and always will. I didn't ask to be born like this. My father killed my birth mother so she wouldn't "compromise" me. He was a monster and I am not like him." Laxus growled.

"Compromise.." Andrei repeated as he listened. "I've known you for a while now Laxus. And I never took you as one to betray Kimi and the weyr. But this is a lot to take in."

"I never planned on betraying anyone," Laxus said firmly. "I'll stay somewhere else for a while, call me when you've come to a decision on what you're going to do with me." Laxus turned to leave.

Kimi went to protest but Wendy was the one who spoke up, "you're really just going to leave like this?" She said in a scared voice.

"Just for a few days while things cool down, I'll stay at a safe place, not far from here," Laxus replied, ruffling her hair and leaving the room.

"I'll keep a watch on him," Priscilla volunteered, having watched the whole ordeal from a corner in the lounge.

"Sounds good." Andrei nodded to Priscilla, giving his permission as her leader.

Laxus entered his room and hurriedly packed clothes and toiletries before heading back downstairs.

Kimi blinked back the tears as she moved forward. "Pleas-"

"Don't." Laxus cut her off. "Don't ask me to stay. Not when you know I'd do anything you ask of me." Without another word, Laxus left and Priscilla followed after him.

"This isn't fair, you’re all treating him as if he's the bad guy here," Ryujin tried to stand but fumbled and Andrei ran in an attempt to catch Ryujin.

"We are confused on what to do with this information," Andrei informed, taking a pause to make sure Ryujin was alright.

Kimi rubbed her eyes and turned to Ryujin, taking him in she came to realize what might be wrong. "Jin, you need to feed," Kimi said softly.

"I'm fine," Ryujin shrugged any attempts to help him off, "I just need you all to realize how stupid all of this is."

"You're not fine, you're starving yourself." Kimi ignored his attempts to push them away. "It's a lot to process. Laxus' own flesh and blood is the reason we suffer. He's not like his dad but you both still kept it from us." Kimi stated.

Andrei took a few steps back. "Either of you could have made this easier by telling us."

Ryujin tried to argue. Tried to explain but he fainted instead

"Ryujin!" Kimi called as everyone rushed over to him.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter was super long but I hope you enjoyed it none-the-less.

Leave me your thoughts~