Status: Active

The Dragon's Vessel

Acceptance

Kimi froze, "Oh um, crap I thought Benkei would have told you by now, I mean he said he was going too." Kimi sent a 'help me' look to Wendy who then got flustered as well and couldn't help either.

Chandra smirked before speaking "Is this about you and your crew being some kind of Dragon group?" She said with disbelief.

Elizabeth’s eyes widened as she realized what Kimi had meant. "He mentioned something a few nights ago but I didn't exactly believe him I thought he was messing with us,”

Kimi and Wendy breathed out in relief and Kimi couldn't help but laugh without humour. "That makes us sound like we're in the mafia or something." Kimi's shoulders dropped slightly and she took out her wallet, remembering she hadn't yet paid for her goodies. "We're nothing like that," she waved her hand dismissively as she placed a $20 on the counter. "Haven't you always wondered why we all live together even though most of us are old enough to live on our own?" Kimi countered with her own curious question.

"Because you run an orphanage for lost souls and they haven't left you yet?" Chandra stated with a shrug.

Elizabeth thought about it for a moment, "I mean you kinda have a point. I guess I've never really thought too hard about it,” and after a moment realisation dawned on the young female "Does that mean Ben wasn't joking?!" A mixture of surprise and fear could be seen on her face.

Kimi burst into laughter at Chandra's response, "I man, it really feels like it but that's more of Mama Jin's thing than mine,"

Wendy perked up and tugged on Kimi's sleeve, "that's good that we aren't being noticed for our strange family right?" Kimi nodded at Wendy in agreement as Wendy confirmed nervously, "Benkei wasn't joking.”

Chandra visibly gulped a little unnerved by the confirmation and Elizabeth was quiet for a moment before her eyes lit up with excitement.

"Okay, okay. Can any of you fly? Breathe fire? Summon specific dragon parts? Do you develop scales at any point? What about teeth? How often do you get new ones? Is there a Dragon Fairy that collects teeth?" Elizabeth tried to contain her excitement but was failing miserably, "I have so many questions!"

Kimi's eyes widened and she nudged Wendy, indicating for her to be the one to explain to Elizabeth. "Um okay well, we all can fly if our wings are out except Erik who can't transform at all. Only Natsu can breathe fire, the rest of us have different elemental powers. Yes, we gain scales, um teeth? We don't shed teeth to my knowledge but Jin and Laxus are like hundreds of years old so they'd know more about that than me," Wendy rambled out her answers. "A dragon fairy sounds cute!" Wendy finished.

"Oh man, I'd give anything to be able to fly." Elizabeth beamed. "It'd be just like the books I've used to read," Elizabeth said as she busied herself with cleaning the coffee machine.

Chandra was still just standing there thinking it all over before glancing at Wendy. She was trying to grasp how this child could be anything more than that, a child?! Chandra shook her head. "It's definitely a lot to take in," she muttered, more to herself than anyone else.

"Yeah and I only recently found out that demons exist and possibly other supernatural beings as well to be honest," Kimi couldn't hide her worry, glancing over to Wendy who was rocking back and forth on her feet.

Chandra ran her hand through her hair. "Okay, I need a drink. Izzy another coffee please, I'll be right back." Chandra headed up the stairs without saying another word.

Elizabeth let out a sigh "Just started cleaning," she muttered but dealt with it anyway. "I'm sure Chandra will be fine. Are there people out there who protect you and your kind?" Elizabeth asked.

"Andrei and his team protect us, they're a special forces team within the military." Kimi explained, "they're only a select small group, mostly consisting of people who have stumbled upon supernatural beings and are capable and willing to help."

Elizabeth nodded. "Well, I don't think I can be of much help in the protection department. That's more Ben's forte," the brown-haired girl finished up making Chandra’s second coffee and restarted cleaning, "If anything. I like y'all a lot and I'll do what I can to help out,"

Kimi gave Elizabeth a kind look, "before moving here we lived in constant paranoia and fear, we never settled down long enough to get to know anyone or to open up to anyone. Being our friend is one of the best things we can have." Kimi reassured Elizabeth.

"I'll do what I can as well,” Chandra chimed in, having changed into some clean clothes. She carried a bottle of whiskey in her other hand, walking over and setting it on the counter. "This is a lot to take in, but you and your family are some of the best customers I've seen. And Ben speaks highly of all you so you must be alright."

Elizabeth picked up the bottle and poured a little into a coffee she prepped for her coworker. "Drink up," she said, offering it back to the redhead. "Friends, yeah I think I can manage that!" Elizabeth said with a smile.

Chandra took the drink, taking a swig. "I'm handy with tools so if you need anything fixed lemme know," Chandra said with a nod.

Wendy's face brightened up and she tried to contain her excitement.

"Thank you," Kimi said, holding herself back from hugging Elizabeth and Chandra and realizing how long they had kept them. "We should let you guys properly close up, we'll have to get together sometime, maybe get some drinks at The Empty Basin?" Kimi suggested.

"If my school work permits me I'll come along," Elizabeth said

Chandra nodded in agreement, "I'm in! Any excuse to catch up and drink," she laughed.

Kimi smiled and collected the treats for her and Wendy, bidding the Orchard Diner ladies a goodnight.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you, B for this lovely co-written chapter~