Status: Active

The Dragon's Vessel

Emergency

With Wendy tucked in bed and fast asleep Kimi moved back downstairs to the kitchen and prepared to indulge in the piece of cake she had gotten from Elizabeth only a few hours ago.

"Any good?" Ryujin asked as he walked in shirtless and a sweat towel over his shoulder as he grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge.

Kimi held some up on a fork, "want some?" she asked, holding it out for him to try.

"No, thank you though," he smiled as he drunk his water.

A frantic barrage of knocking interrupts the pair as a voice can be heard. "Hey, it’s Benkei, I need help please!" It was Benkei, "something happened." Kimi and Ryujin exchanged worried looks as they moved quickly, flinging their front door open to see a dishevelled Benkei. "It's Elizabeth.. she was kidnapped!" He managed to say between catching his breath. "I got worried since she should have been back hours ago. I went to the diner and there were signs of a struggle. I found her backpack lying on the ground, everything from it was thrown across the ground."

Ryujin was taken back by the news, "who would want to do that?" He asked, his stomach twisted.

Kimi's eyes widened in horror at the news, "I just saw her around closing..." she muttered, "vorpal agents?!" She looked to Ryujin, this was why they never got close to others.

Benkei shook his head, "at first I didn't know who would do this," he then fished his phone out of his pocket and flicked through some messages. “Here I got a message from her phone it was a video," he pulled the video up before showing the pair. It depicted a dimly lit warehouse with Elizabeth tied to a chair, her clothes were dirty and ragged and her face was beaten and bruised. Kimi inhaled sharply just as a tall brown-haired man with a scar running from one side of his cheek across his nose and onto his other cheek took the camera.

"Well well Benny boy, it's certainly been a while, hasn't it? Took me long enough to track you down but I finally did," the man cackled. "Look it's time for us to finally put our rivalry behind us and sort out who the better soldier is. Come along Mr. Hero, come and save your cute little sister." the man laughed more hysterically as he gripped Elizabeth’s face, showing her battered, bruised facial features.

Benkei clenched his fists enraged, "that is Matt Bridges.. an old military acquaintance of mine," Benkei spat."He had it in his head that he had to be the best and his arrogance ended up costing someone their life."

Kimi watched the video in horror, "an acquaintance of yours? Why has he taken Elizabeth? If he wanted to duke it out with you he should have confronted you face to face." Kimi was getting riled up but knew it wouldn't help so tried to simmer down.

"This is so messed up, let’s head to the diner. I should be able to track them down from there." Ryujin stated, knowing time was of the essence for Elizabeth. Who knew what else that sick bastard had done to her.

"Did I say acquaintance? Sorry, I meant a lowlife scumbag who thinks he’s my rival or some shit. His ego always got the best of him. He wants to get back at me for getting him kicked out of the military," Benkei stated, a dark expression on his face as he looked to Ryujin. "Thank you I figured one of y'all could help me out with tracking him down. Get yourselves geared up, bring anyone else you want. We’ll leave in five," Benkei turned on his feet and headed back to his jeep with renewed vigour and began to gear up himself, searching through the weapons he kept in his vehicle.

Kimi felt herself shake and tried to calm herself down. "Okay," Kimi turned to Ryujin, "everyone's out, it's just us and Wendy, what should we do?" She asked as Benkei headed out.

"You should stay here Kimi," Ryujin said bluntly, "this could turn bad. I’d rather not have you in harm's way."

Kimi puffed out her cheeks, "what! You're going to have me sit on the sidelines?!" She stomped her foot childishly as Natsu came in through the back door.

"I can not force you to stay but I strongly advise and will appreciate it if you did," he spotted Natsu and quickly turned his attention to the pinkette. "Natsu, Benkei’s sister Elizabeth has been taken and I’m going to help Benkei get her back, will you be joining us?" He worded it as a question but his tone sounded as if Natsu had no choice.

Natsu dropped his stuff and nodded, "hell yeah I'm coming." Natsu didn’t even think twice about volunteering. He ran over and hugged Kimi, "can I grab some energy?" He asked, giving her puppy dog eyes.

"Of course but be quick." Kimi consented, letting Natsu feed from her quickly. He pulled away once he felt full and caught a weakened Kimi, setting her on the couch to rest.

"Let's go," Natsu grinned to Ryuin, feeling all fired up.

"At least this way she can’t argue about coming along," Ryujin sighed with relief. Natsu and Ryujin went to meet Benkei at his jeep.

Benkei spotted Ryujin and Natsu heading toward him and smiled in relief at seeing another person but looked around for Kimi and wondered where she was.

“I asked her not to come,” Ryujin explained, seeing Benkei looking for her, “and she just gave Natsu energy so she needs rest.”

“Actually I’m kind of relieved.” Benkei didn’t want to say it out loud but he was concerned that Kimi would be a liability and judging by Ryujin’s expression he understood Benkei’s train of thoughts. "I really appreciate you two doing this for me," Benkei finally said after moving to get into the driver’s side.

"I just got my fill of power so I'm all fired up," Natsu stated, hopping into the back of the jeep and creating a ball of fire in the palm of his right hand. "Let's beat the shit outta this fuckwit." He grinned, showing his canine teeth

"I understand the situation we are in but could we all refrain from using such language," Ryujin tsked from the front passenger seat.

Benkei smirked at Natsu’s tenacity, "sure thing Ryujin," Benkei replied as they took off toward Orchard Diner.