Status: Active

The Dragon's Vessel

War and Peace

The weekend had arrived and Kimi sat in her favourite cafe, notes spread out as she planned for the next week. Work, activities, everything. There was something calming about making a schedule for the days ahead. It brought a sense of normalization in her chaotic, fucked up life.

A sigh escaped her lips as she finished off matching schedules with Ryujin, Laxus and Natsu. When they first started working their schedules clashed so often Wendy was sometimes forgotten in the mix. After the third time Wendy was left waiting for a pick up, Kimi started keeping a planner and three years later it still helped a lot.

“You’re a sight for sore eyes,” a voice brought Kimi out of her concentration and she glanced up and smiled at a tall man wearing his camo jacket and matching pants.

“Andrei? What the hell are you doing here?” Kimi stood up and threw yourself at the familiar man, he caught her and they gave each other a tight hug. She noticed he was also carrying his rucksack. “You just got back from base?” Kimi realized as she pulled away and sat back down in her seat, patting the table opposite her for him to sit down.

Andrei slumped his bag off his shoulder and placed it in the booth before sliding into the seat. “Yep,” he stretched out and filled the space around him, tucking his hands behind his head. “Just got off parade and was on my way to Ever’s.” Andrei explained.

“I won’t keep you long then,” Kimi said with a smile, wiggling her eyebrows suggestively.

Andrei looked down at his wrist watch, “it’s fine, I’m early and Ever is still at work. I have time to kill,” Andrei looked around the cafe then back at Kimi. “Have you ordered anything?” He asked, noting her table had no dishes or cups.

“I ordered a hot chocolate and some lunch earlier,” Kimi replied, “but I could go for another drink,” she concluded, packing up her planner and scattered papers.

“I could do with a drink too,” Andrei replied as he flagged down a waitress and placed his order, “Afternoon, can I grab a large cappuccino please,” he asked as the waitress scribbled down the table number and Andrei’s order.

“And can I have an iced chocolate this time,” Kimi added her order in.

“Yeah, no problem,” the waitress smiled as she turned back to Andrei, “thank you for your service.”

“And thank you for yours,” Andrei gave a small grin as the waitress blushed and rushed off to send through their order.

“As charming as ever,” Kimi giggled, “so how have you been? You’ve been away for a year, why didn’t you mention you were coming home?” She pouted, leaning forward to place her chin in the palm of her hand.

Andrei gave Kimi a confused look, “I sent letters,” he shrugged.

“Hmm,” Kimi thought for a moment but didn’t recall seeing any. “I’ll have a look when I get home, maybe they got mixed in with the bills.” She frowned but it quickly disappeared. “How long are you back for? Did you have any run in’s with hunters?” She continued to question Andrei, keeping her voice low.

“Could be one week, could be ten? You should know, I never know how long I’m free for.” Andrei gave a brief pause before continuing, “on the other hand, we did manage to get one guy, but the other one got away. That’s what took us so long,” Andrei explained.

“God, how does Ever cope with your unpredictable work schedule?” Kimi asked, shaking her head and drawing in a sharp intake of breath but saying nothing. They both knew the severity of losing a poacher but Kimi had faith in Andrei and his team. “You’ll find that poacher again, I’m sure of it. Plus they might help you find others.” Kimi gave a small hopeful smile.

“I wish my Captain had the same attitude you have Kem,” Andrei tight lipped smile.

“I have to have this kind of hopeful attitude,” Kimi gave Andrei a sad smile, “I’m the only vessel I know that’s still alive, and the only one in existence to be paired with five dragon’s.” Kimi whispered the last part and paused as the waitress came back with their drinks and placed them down.

“Thank you,” Kimi and Andrei both said in unison as the waitress nodded and left them.

Andrei sat up and leant forward, “there’s another?”

“Ah, yeah!” Kimi rubbed the back of her neck, giving it a small massage. “Natsu, he’s a volunteer firefighter.” She giggled at his occupation. “I was walking home from work and he had been called to take care of a small fire at a neighboring apartment. Him and his team had just put it out when I bumped into him. One look and he bonded,” Kimi shivered at the memory. “His augment is sucking.” She cleared her throat.

Andrei mockingly gags as he sat back and picked up his coffee, taking a small sip as it was still rather hot. “So,” he placed his coffee down, “anything else new?” He asked as his phone went off and he shuffled around to pull it out of his pants pocket, flipping the lid up and taking it as Kimi cringed at the outdated nokia phone. “Hello?” Andei greeted the caller, “oh hey hun,” Andrei’s face lit up and Kimi watched Andrei talk to Ever over the phone, letting her now he was on his way to hers but had stopped when he saw Kimi in the window of a coffee shop. The conversation lasted a few more moments before Andrei hung up. “Sorry about that,” he apologized.

“Don’t be sorry, you’ve just gotten back,” Kimi grinned as she had already finished her drink. “I need to get going anyway, but we all should catch up properly, maybe dinner with Ever and the family, I know Ryujin and Erik would love to see you and Laxus has been grumbling about his temporary personal trainer.” Kimi laughed as she went to stand and pay for the bill, doing so before grabbing her things before saying goodbye to Andrei.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just a head's up, there will be swearing in the next chapter and probably continue to have swearing and some sexual themes.

This story is rated R, so if you prefer the innocent side of Fairy Tail, well, you've come to the wrong place, my friend!