Status: Active

The Dragon's Vessel

Eye Contact

“Wendy will be fine,” Ryujin reassured Kimi as he opened a door for her. A bright sign above them read ‘The Empty Basin.’

It was a small pub, set in the outskirts of their neighbourhood, popular with locals but otherwise rather obscure. Ryujin often spent one night a week at this place. Quiz night, a guilty pleasure of his. He often came alone but sometimes, very rarely, the rest of his nakama would tag along with him. This was one of these times.

“I know, I just hope she’s okay,” Kimi gave a tense smile as she ducked under Ryujin’s arm and entered the pub, looking around she spotted a small gathering of people and a few scattered around the tables.

“She’s having a sleepover, finally being a normal little girl,” Laxus retorted as he stepped forward pushing passed the group and looming slightly over them as he did so. “I’ll grab some pitchers.” He declared, already moving to head over to the bar. “Asami!” Laxus called gruffly and a young woman popped up from behind the counter.

“I’m right here, calm yourself,” Asami rolled her eyes but a smile broke across her face. “Long time no see Laxus, congratulations on your latest win,” she stated as she prepared two pitchers of house beer for Laxus. “On the house,” she stated, passing them to him and sliding over some glasses.

Laxus sent Asami a smirk, “So thoughtful, thanks.” He picked up the full jugs in one hand, his bicep bulged as he did so. With his free hand he picked up the glasses. “I’ll send Natsu over for the next round,” Laxus winked at the white haired young lady who blushed in response.

“Nice try, I’m not giving you anymore free drinks!” Asami scoffed, trying to hide her red cheeks as she moved to serve other regulars.

Image


As promised once the next round was needed Natsu was sent up to grab it, he sent a grin to Asami who grinned back.

“You could have come over earlier and said hi, dummy.” Asami pretended to pout and Natsu shrugged.

“You looked busy,” Natsu replied, noting the pub was rather busy which was an odd occurrence.

“I know, it’s weird, but you know I always make time for my favourite person,” Asami scolded as she poured more beer into some clean pitchers. “Any cool work stories to report?” Asami asked the pinkette as she finished one jug and filled up the next.

“Honestly? Not really, same problems as usual. Under staffed etcetera.” Natsu shrugged as he leant against the counter and watched Asami work.

“Okay, so not work related, what about,” Asami mirrored Natsu, tiptoeing to lean across the counter so she was closer to Natsu, “Dragon related,” she replied, looking around to make sure no one overheard them.

Natsu gave a funny smile but again shrugged. “I don’t know what you want me to say, being one isn’t as cool as you think it is,”

Asami groaned in boredom, used to hearing the same line anytime she asked. “How can it not be?!” She exclaimed, “You’re a freaking dragon, or at least, that’s what you told me,” she huffed, pretending to not be interested in anything more Natsu had to say.

“Don’t be like that, I’ve told you the only way I can shift is-” Natsu was promptly cut off.

“Yeah yeah, feeding on your vessel… whatever that means,” Asami handed Natsu the pitchers and made a shooing motion with her hands. Natsu’s face lit up into a grin and he pulled out a $20 and placed it on the counter before picking up the beer and taking it back to his now full table.

“Okay but how convincing was it?” Andrei asked Laxus.

“I mean, I let him get a few punches in?” Laxus smirked cockily.

“Oh, you let him hit you huh?” Evergreen retorted, pushing her glasses up her nose as she teased the blond brute.

Laxus gave Evergreen a deadpan look, choosing to ignore her jabs at him.

“So is this the new one?” Andrei indicated to Natsu who sat the pitchers down and took a seat.

“New one? Oh! Dragon, me.” Natsu laughed before reaching over to shake Andrei’s hand. “I’ve heard a lot about you,”

Andrei leant forward and took Natsu’s hand, “good things I hope,” Andrei responded before yanking Natsu toward him slightly, “keep your voice down,” Andrei said through his toothy smile.

“Sorry, sorry,” Natsu muttered as Andrei let go and Natsu massaged his now sore hand. “I can see why Laxus prefers you as his personal trainer,”

“Because Andrei is amazing?” Evergreen piped up, “he has great work ethics and pushes you beyond what you thought you were capable of,” Evergreen paused for a moment only to continue, “but he knows what you’re truly capable of, he’s a hard-worker who gets the job done, protecting those he loves with every fibre of his being,”

“Wow,” the table goes silent and Evergreen goes bright red, realizing she went overboard with her speech.

“Awww, babe,” Andrei broke into a massive grin as he leant over placed a soft kiss on Evergreen’s lips.

Kimi grinned at Evergreen, sometimes Evergreen could be bitchy but most of the times she was fiercely loyal to those she cared about, it was refreshing to see her get heated up about how much she loved Andrei, or how much she cared about Laxus and his career. The journalist side of Evergreen was amazing to watch in action.

Evergreen cleared her throat and took a sip of her cocktail as the conversation moved on to talk about everyone’s days, fond memories and future events. Excusing herself Kimi pushed herself up and away from the table to get another drink for herself. As she made her way over she found a free space at the bar counter and stepped into it.

“Can I grab a vodka and cranberry juice please, Asami?” Kimi asked the passing woman.

“Sure can!” Asami grinned, handing a beer to the guy beside her and doing up Kimi’s order.

With a quick glance Kimi looked toward the person who Asami just served, they both made eye contact with each other and Kimi took in his facial features, the piercings that dotted his face, his muscular jawline, the way his lips parted slightly and his husky voice as he whispered. “Oh, fuck.”
♠ ♠ ♠
This is the last chapter I've written at the moment, I hope to get the next chapter up soon!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter and the new characters introduced~ :)

Thank you for reading :D