Status: Active

The Dragon's Vessel

Fear

Sunday rolled around and Kimi woke up much later than usual, she didn’t really remember going to bed but exhaustion from the previous night had caught up.

She could hear voices from the hallway, getting up she opened her curtains to let the light in before moving to her drawers and getting changed into a casual outfit for the day. Quickly throwing her long hair up into a messy bun she stepped out into the hallway, making her way into the lounge and taking in what was happening.

Wendy was sitting with Natsu and Ryujin, worry was written all over her face and Kimi guessed it was because she had just been told that there was another dragon, another attachment they had to share with.

Deciding she was hungry Kimi moved to the kitchen and poured herself some cereal as Wendy came in and hugged Kimi.

“Hey, how was your sleepover with Sherria?” Kimi asked as Wendy let go and both females took a seat at the dining table.

“It was good, we had a lot of fun,” Wendy grinned, pure happiness was etched across her face.

“I’m glad, it’s been awhile since you’ve hung out with friends outside of school, let alone a sleepover.” Kimi pondered, really not being able to remember.

“Mm, I was surprised Sherria asked me because she’s so new to school, but we’ve been getting along really well and we even go to the same gymnastics classes now,” Wendy rambled before her expression fell. “So there’s really another dragon?” Wendy asked, her brown eyes pierced into Kimi’s blue ones.

Kimi nodded, trying to figure out something to say to comfort Wendy, “we’ll make it work, we always do,” Kimi tried to keep her voice as optimistic as possible.

“I’m scared, what if this is it? What if this time we’re discovered and Andrei can’t save us this time? What if the same people who hurt Zack and Minami hurt us too? If one of us gets hurt,” Wendy sniffled and Kimi dropped her spoon into her bowl, a flashback erupted in front of Kimi’s eyes and she pushed back the unpleasant memories that were trying to resurface and went over to hug her younger sister tightly.

“No matter what happens, we’ll protect each other.” Kimi rocked them back and form. “What happened to Z-zack,” Kimi stumbled over his name before retrying with more confidence. “What happened to Zack, to Minami, it won’t ever happen to us, I promise.” Kimi placed a kiss on top of Wendy’s head.

The day that Zack was murdered, was a day that Kimi and Wendy would never forget. The bloodshed, watching her older brother get slaughter after he had instructed Kimi to hide with Wendy in the pantry. The screams as his girlfriend was cut down in the same method as their big brother. Then the stomach-churning scene as the culprits cut their unborn child away from Minami.

Kimi got up and with gentle quickness pushed Wendy away as she dashed for the bathroom, ploughing through and collapsing to the toilet as she emptied the content of her stomach into it. Wendy rushed in with deep worry, making her way over and helping to hold Kimi’s hair back as she finished. “Are you unwell?” Wendy asked, only for Kimi to shake her head, and bring her head back up, taking the offered tissue to wipe her mouth and flush the toilet.

“The memory of that day,” Kimi shivered, standing up and moving to brush her teeth, trying to focus on anything other than that day.

“I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have brought him up,” Wendy looked down at her hands, feeling guilty. Kimi had covered Wendy’s eyes and ears but she was still able to hear the screams, to smell the blood.

“We can’t avoid talking about him forever Wendy,” Kimi replied softly as she filled her mouth with water and spat the excess toothpaste and water out, wiping her mouth and rinsing her toothbrush.

“I know but it still feels like it’s too soon,” Wendy replied, rubbing her watery eyes.

“It’s been two years now,” Kimi gave a sad smile, her own eyes teared up and Kimi crouched, moving to hug Wendy again, embracing each other and crying into each other's arms.

“Why can’t they just leave us alone?” Wendy cried, “we don’t do anything wrong, we just want to live our lives like normal people.” she sobbed harder.

“Jesus christ,” Laxus walked into the bathroom to pee only to find both Kimi and Wendy crying hysterically. “Guess I’ll hold it in,” he took a step backwards and went to look for Ryujin. “Jin, the females are crying, use your power of empathy and fix them!” Laxus called out and Kimi managed to laugh through her crying hysteria, wiping her eyes and helping Wendy calm down and wipe her own eyes.

“Sometimes it’s good to let out the emotions you’re feeling,” Kimi said matter-of-factly.

“I do feel a bit better,” Wendy agreed as they picked themselves up and stepped out only to find all the male dragons standing there eyeing them up.

“We’re fine!” Both Wendy and Kimi inform in unison as they went back to the kitchen and Kimi cleaned up her dishes.

Ryujin stepped into the kitchen, seemingly to be the one to be nominated, he went to speak but Kimi turned to look at him.

“We’re fine, really Jin,” Kimi said softly, “We’re just scared, we know that we have each other but we’re just sick of having to look over our shoulder whenever we go out in public, we’re tired of having to be careful about where we go and if we need to take a nakama.” Kimi sighed in frustration. “Most of all, we’re tired of being scared and cautious,” Kimi muttered, explaining their feelings.

Ryujin closed the gap between himself and Kimi and Wendy, bringing them both into a hug. “We’re all sick of being scared and wary. One day we’ll be able to leave the house with ease of mind, so please bear with these feelings until that day comes,” He pulled away with determination in his eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh my! A little bit more is revealed about their past and it took a dark turn.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter~