Status: Active

The Dragon's Vessel

Traditions

“So let me get this straight…” Gajeel was pinching the bridge of his nose as he stood in the lounge of dragon’s den later that evening. “You all live together in this five bedroom apartment? Sharing one bathroom?” Gajeel sighed.

“Pretty much, yeah,” Kimi replied calmly.

“How do all six of you guys function in this apartment,” Gajeel asked exasperatedly.

“Everything is timed perfectly,” Ryujin stated and Kimi choked on the water she was drinking.

“Not everything is, it’s more of a chaotic schedule that works 80% of the time with 20% chance of an unstable morning as we all try to get out the door.” Kimi recovered, giving Gajeel a nervous grin, trying to explain their routine as a family to the newcomer.

Just under a year ago they had to do the same with Natsu but he was a lot more on board with joining the group so convincing him it was safer to live with them was pretty easy.

“Hey look, we get it, this is a lot of shit to take on but if you don’t want to live here then fine. I’ve got better shit to do than wait around for you to make up your mind about how you want to fit into our lives.” Laxus scowled, getting up and moving to leave.

“I already feel so welcome,” Gajeel replied sarcastically before becoming serious, “okay look fine, I’m not exactly thrilled about this situation either but I can’t exactly do much on my own. I know it’d safer for me to be where the vessel is, however, this place can’t fit seven people in it."

“So what are you suggesting?” Ryujin countered, rubbing his temples.

Gajeel hesitated for a moment, unsure if he should be bringing up his thoughts, after all he was the new guy, didn’t know anything or anyone, stomping all over their traditions and habits. Biting the bullet he said, “I work as a builder, the company I work for have just done up some houses, maybe 20 minutes from here but more rural area. If I put an interest forward I could snap up one of the just finishing houses that are still available?” He put the offer out.

Ryujin thought for a moment and turned to look at each member of his clan before groaning in annoyance, “fine, you’re right, this place is cramped,” he got up from the couch and went over to his briefcase opening it up and rummaging around before turning and handing a business card over to Gajeel. “Put in your interest and tell them to call me about the financial side of things,” Ryujin paused for a moment. “Kimi, Laxus, Erik, whatever savings you can afford will have to go towards this new house,” Ryujin stated as Kimi and Erik nodded their heads in agreement, while Laxus was leaning against the doorframe he had tried to escape through not saying anything.

“I’ll also put my savings toward our new house!” Natsu piped up, “after all, I work as well,”

“I have my piggy bank jar! I know I have at least $20 saved.” Wendy added happily and Gajeel watched them.

“Okay, it’s settled then, I’ll talk to my boss tomorrow, six bedroom and at least two bathrooms. Hell, I can’t believe I’m actually doing this.” Gajeel breathed out.

“Let’s just hope that no more dragons become attached,” Wendy stated with exasperation.

Kimi rubbed the back of her head and nodded, “yeah, I don’t know how much more I can take,” she admitted and the dragons threw her a mixture of guilty, understanding looks. “Don’t get me wrong, I love you guys but feeding is going to be hard, especially with everyone’s different augmentations,” Kimi exhaled. “Even without Laxus and Jin in the mix, I hope my energy will be enough to keep everyone well fed.” She pouted slightly.

“I’ll be fine for awhile longer,” Gajeel stated as he turned to leave, “I’ll see you guys soon,” He gave a backhanded wave as he disappeared out their apartment door.

“I can’t believe we’re actually going to move, and into our own house!” Natsu laughed with glee. “Does that mean we’ll actually settle down?” He asked.

“Looks like it,” Laxus smirked, eyeing Ryujin up and trying to gauge what their oh wise and powerful leader was thinking.

“Kimi and Wendy are right, it’s tiring moving around all the time and being suspicious of everyone. This new house means stability, security and the possibilities to live a normal life while still having our freedom as dragons.” Ryujin stated, going into full speech mode. “If the Dragon’s Bane wants to send Vorpal Agents after us, we’ll be ready. And we’ll help Andrei and his team to hunt them down and make them pay for the pain they’ve caused. For the pain of nearly wiping us all out.” Ryujin finished his speech and looked around. “Where did everyone go?” He asked.

Kimi glanced around, not having realized the others had left either, “oh, I guess they got bored and went back to doing what they were doing before Gajeel arrived,” Kimi laughed as Ryujin hung his head in defeat.

“They could at least pretend to care!” He complained, moving away to head for the kitchen, “I guess I’ll start on dinner,” he muttered as Kimi stood up and followed him.

“I mean I could help,” Kimi pointed out, moving to set up the rice cooker and place the rice into it, after that she set the table and left Ryujin to cook the butter chicken part, he insisted he didn’t need help but looked relieved to see the rice was on and the table set the way he liked it.

“What do you think about the move?” Natsu had come back into the lounge and was watching tv. Kimi moved to sit next to him, snuggling in close as she replied.

“I can’t wait,” Kimi smiled, “new traditions to be made with a new nakama.”

Natsu brushed Kimi’s hair off her shoulder, exposing the nape of her skin. He dipped his head in and placed a kiss on her shoulder before sucking at her skin lightly. A blissful sigh escaped Kimi’s lips and her eyes glazed over as she lost focus on her surroundings. She felt like she was floating on cloud nine.
♠ ♠ ♠
More insight! And I guess another filler?

Prepare yourself though, next chapter is going to be packed full of excitement~