Status: DISCLAIMER: started this story literal years ago, updates will be slow lol

The Crazee Life

Chapter 1

"Sorry," I whispered in the air to God or whomever was in the sky. "I'm really sorry."

With that, I dragged Nicky's body into the shallow grave I dug. My arms were kinda weak now, so I kicked him into the grave. He ended up falling face down, and when I looked down, I could see a trail of blood. I began to shovel the dirt back over the body, trying not to perspire or leave any of my DNA behind. I looked at the blood trail once again, and with the edge of the shovel, tried to remove the blood. This would delay the ID process. Once I finished, I wiped my forehead and put the shovel in the back of Nicky's navy blue Rav 4 and hopped in the driver's seat. I check my pockets to make sure I still had Nicky's wallet. I pulled it out and reviewed the ID card. It read 'Nicholas Young'. He was smiling a bright smile in the picture. Just looking at it, you'd think Nicky was a great guy.

I glanced at Nicky's phone, too, and stared at it. I turned it off and started the ignition.

I had opened mine and called my client and put it on speaker. I had a throwaway phone so nothing would be tracked back to me.

"Lynn. The deed is done. I still have the car, though. Should I finish it off or do you want it?"

"Finish it off." she said.

I hung up after that, and decided on rolling the car into the embankment a couple streets over. It was midnight and in a small town like Diddiville, a rural town in Virginia, no one was up or out socializing. This town was chock full of old, white people. Although I've never spoken to anyone out here, except cashiers or a Skipper Dailey employee, I felt their vibe by the way they stared at me. Not uncomfortably, more so to figure out if I was just a girl or a boy. They didn't seem to be racists, though.

I bet these white people are awesome. I didn't have time to get to know them, though, since I live almost two hours away in Norfolk.

I only drove through here when I needed to get to another state or to see my girl or something. Or like now, when I wanted to get rid of evidence. I stopped when I saw the lake. I smiled at its beauty. I saw the first couple feet of the lake because the headlights made the water glisten. I stopped to look at the view for a couple minutes.

I'm not your ordinary hitman.

I quickly inched the car towards the water. I left the keys in, making sure I got out as carefully as possible. I go behind the car, and push it into the lake.

I try not to grunt out loud, because although I was sure I was alone, I didn't wanna risk anyone hearing me. A few minutes later, the car rolled off into the river. Once it submerged, I booked it into the dark woods until I could no longer breathe. I cough, and then check to see if I'm still alone. I look at my phone and find that there's no service. Of course, I'm in the middle of the woods. I'd remembered that Lynn told me that there would be a red Honda Civic waiting for me in the Skipper Dailey parking lot. I only had a mile to walk. The whole mile, I wondered why I even did this kinda stuff. But then I smiled at the thought of money in my hand. I did it for financial reasons. I wasn't sure whether I'd go to Heaven or Hell or whether either one existed, but I couldn't just wait to die and find out. No, I still had to live my life. I wasn't even sure I would get another one. To get through the rest of this one, I needed money.

I told myself I would stop when I got through college, though. I chuckled at myself. I'd been out for a full year, and I couldn't do shit with my degrees. Plus, the money was too good to pass up. I liked having money. I didn't spend a whole bunch of it on myself, I just usually hooked my sisters up and helped my parents out with some things.

I finally get to the store and spot the red car, and hop in. Not before throwing away the phone, though. I couldn't risk it being traced back to me or my client. We couldn't be connected to Nicky Young in any way.

"I assume you've done the deed?"

"Your assumption is correct."

Lynn smiled widely and removed her glasses. "Thank you so much, Ash. Here. Ten thousand dollars. " she says, and hands me a huge manila envelope. "You can count it if you wish." I counted it as she pulled out of the Skipper Dailey parking lot and headed northbound. I smiled when I saw that the money was all there.

"So...." she began, while driving. "Are you available? Like, single?"

"No." I answered plainly.

Even if I was, I would've still said no. I couldn't have whomever I'm dating know that I was a hitman. Hitwoman, rather. To my girl, I was Zee Ashtyn Ford, an out of luck college student who, for now, lived off of her late grandpa's estate. It was true that my grandpa had died, but there was no estate to be distributed. I was Ash to my clients, though. I only relayed Ash as my name because it's largely associated with Ashley, and if people ever felt like they needed to snitch on me once they got caught in some bullshit, they could search for an Ashley, leaving me in the clear. Especially if my first name didn't even start with an A.

My mom, though, saw through the bullshit. I knew she thought I sold drugs, what with me always spoiling my sisters and all. I loved them. I've always wanted to tell her that I would never sell drugs, but being a paid murderer wasn't any better so I kept my mouth shut.

Lynn had dropped me off in front of an apartment complex. She waved and drove off. When she was out of sight, I walked all the way behind the complexes, to my house. I didn't want Lynn to see exactly where I lived. If it ever happened that she got heat from the PD about Nicky, she could point my damn house out! I knew better than that. All those years of watching crime shows really had me upping my performances. They had me paranoid too, though. Now, I barely breathed, for fear that a hair of mine would fall on a victim.

I walked into my house, and hopped directly in the shower. I smiled when I heard footsteps.

"I thought you left." I called out to Kady.

"No, did you want me to leave, since you're just arriving back home at 3:12 AM?"

I sigh in frustration.

"I'm not cheating on you, Kady." I say.

"Then what the fuck are you out so late for?"

"I hung with a girl from my old job and lost track of time. Big deal."

"So you were with a girl."

"She was straight, Kady." I reply. "Look, you gon' join me or keep flappin' them gums?"

She rolled her eyes and walked off. I was so tired of Kadence and her damn attitude. "Questioning me in my own damn house. Fuck wrong with her? I should kick her lil ass out." I said to myself.

"What you say, babe?" She called from the other room.

"Nothing, baby." I said, wanting to avoid a slap to the face and another night without vagina.

My life was a trip.