Status: DISCLAIMER: started this story literal years ago, updates will be slow lol

The Crazee Life

Chapter 10

A week later, noticed a big change in Priest. She wasn't talking to me about God as much anymore. I mean, as much as I hated when Priest went all T.D. Jakes on me, I at least knew she was being herself. These days, she was smoking any time she could. I mean, she missed church for the first time in her whole life a couple days ago. That was when I really noticed Priest wasn't herself. At least not the one that I knew. So, I decided to bring Britt and Joey over there to cheer her up. I knew she loved them like family, so they would definitely change her mood. On the way over, they were asking a million and one questions. "What's wrong with Auntie P?" asked Britt.

"She's sad, Britt. We have to cheer her up. You want her to be happy again, right?" I asked.

"But I don't get it. What is she sad about?" asked Joey.

"She's having problems with her dad. He's... saying mean things to her and it makes her sad." I reply.
Joey furrows her eyebrows. "What a jerk!"
"Yeah!" exclaims Britt, adjusting herself in the backseat.

Once we get to the house, I knock on the door and wait for her to answer. As we wait, I look around the area and notice that there is a police cruiser rolling through the neighborhood. Although I was sure I was not the reason they were there, I had no desire to be on their radar whatsoever. Plus I'm in a nice neighborhood, and they like to shoot people. I'm not trying to become their next victim. I quickly face the door again and prepare to bang on the door when an obviously groggy Priest answered the door.

"Reena!" exclaimed Britt, as she hopped onto Priest for dear life.
She chuckles as she regains her balance. "Hi, Britt! Hey, Joey."
"Hey. We hear you need a little cheering up." replied Joey, hugging Priest from the side.
"That is definitely the truth. Who wants to get beat in Super Smash Brothers?" asks Priest, in an attempt to rile up my sisters.
"I'm gonna win!" screeches Britt, as she scrambles for Priest to put her down. She ran straight to the living room, while Joey had a few fighting words of her own. "Psh. The only ones getting beat here are you and that little demon in the other room. Prepare to take this L, fam." She then joined her younger sister in the living room.
Now it was only Priest and I in the foyer.

"Aw, man, you are a lifesaver. I missed my babies, man."
"Look, we just want you to feel better about your dad and stuff, that's all."
Priest gives me a sad smile, before letting a tear slip, in spite of herself.
"I just... I just wish I could get over it, y'know?"
"Look, you're not gonna get over it overnight. Your dad was your world, and it hurts you to see him acting like this. I understand, P."
She nods and wipes her tears.
"But it hurts me and my sisters to see you feeling so bad about yourself solely because of your father. I'm a little scared for you. I almost wanna... pray for you."
She chuckled. "You? Praying for me? Next thing you know, we'll see pigs flying."
"Whatever, girl." I say, chuckling.
"Seriously though, Zee. Thank you, man. Thanks for checking up on me."
She steps forward and hugs me as tight as possible.
Joey scurries from the living room.
"What y'all hoes doin', kissin'?" she taunted. "Come on, I'm ready to play!"
"Girl!" I say through clenched teeth. "Go away!" I seethed, waving her off.
"You stay here as long as you want, P. Don't get my titties wet, though. I ain't come here expecting to be covered in tears." Immediately Priest shot up, nearly dying with laughter. "Why are you so stupid?" I follow her into the living room, annoyed at how loud the television was. Do they want to go deaf?! "Turn that shit down, Joey", I say as I take a seat. "You act like you don't have two perfectly good ears."
"Okay, MOM." she replies. I rolled my eyes and sat by Priest, grabbing a controller. For four whole hours, my sisters and I were making Priest laugh in efforts to lift her spirits. I glanced at my watch. "Oh, shit. I gotta take my sisters home. It's 8 and they have school in the morning." I say.
"Actually, I am perfectly fine with never having to go to school again, so.. we can stay forever."
"I concur." quipped Joey.
I rolled my eyes for the 900th time that night. "Both of y'all are going to school tomorrow. I ain't bout to have mom cursing me out! I'm scared of her, just like y'all!" I say, making everyone laugh.
"Now y'all go put your shoes on. Joey, you take the keys and get Britt situated in the car. I'm gonna grab a drink and then I'll be right out."
"Okay. C'mon, Brittany." Joey says, putting down her controller and standing up. She leans over the vase on the table to grab the keys that sat in front of me and Priest. We stared at them until they were out of sight.

"You sure you'll be okay?" I ask, still concerned about her possible depression.
She smiled at me. "Yeah, I'm fine."
Yes! Mission accomplished.
I turned away from her and scanned the room for stuff that my sisters might have left behind.
"Oh, yeah. Zee?"
"Hmm?" I asked, turning back my attention to her.
She leaned forward and gave me a kiss on the lips. At first I was shocked, so I wasn't really kissing her back, but I did eventually get into it. She took my hat off and grabbed my neck to pull me closer to her. I ran my hands through her hair and started to reach under her shirt.
We didn't even hear Joey come back in the house.
"What y'all hoes doin'? Kissin'?" she taunted once more. She must have seen us because I heard her gasp and run through the foyer, screaming, "They kissin'! They kissin'!" Only then did Priest let my face and neck go. We didn't even have words for each other; I just slipped out of the living room, never taking my eyes off of her.