Status: DISCLAIMER: started this story literal years ago, updates will be slow lol

The Crazee Life

Chapter 11

Once I sat in the car, I heard Joey telling Britt what she just saw go down. "They were basically eating each other's face off." she explained to Britt, who was too damn young to hear about stuff like this. I shut the door and instructed them to mind their business. "You like Reena? But what about Kady?" she asked. For a second, I didn't even realize what she was talking about. "Who the hell is- oh." She was referring to my ex-who-refuses-to-be-my-ex-girlfriend. I never told my sisters about our problems.
"Wow," says Joey, whose eyes got big. "She made you forget about Kady that quick?"

"How about you mind your business, Joey? I want you to forget about what you just saw."

"Trust me, I want nothing more." she says, with her hands up.

"Neither one of y'all will mention this to mama, okay?"

"Why, you're already out." quipped Joey.

"Yeah, but she still thinks I'm with Kady. I don't need her going off on me about 'cheating'. I get enough lectures from her as it is."

"We won't tell." say Joey and Britt, almost in unison.

"I'll forget for $10." said Joey.

"Me, too." said Britt.

"I am shocked that y'all would extort your sister like this. Both of y'all need Jesus." I say, pretending to be offended.

"No, I need my money." said Joey, with her hand out. I chuckled in disbelief as I pulled out my wallet and gave my sisters $10.

"Where did y'all learn to be so savage?"

"We lives in the same house with you for the majority of our lives. Don't act all surprised, Zee."

I had to chuckle because Joey was right. I didn't expect them to take after me in that way!

After I dropped my sisters off and returned home, I noticed that I had an urgent text from Jade. It read, "THEY GOT HER FOR MURDER, CALL ME!!" I furrowed my eyebrows. I knew what Chris had done to Vicky, but I didn't expect for them to connect the dots so soon. I called her right away.

"You said they got her for murder?" I asked her.

"Yeah, but I don't wanna discuss this over the phone. Can I come over?"

"Yeah, I'll text you my address."

I did just that, and rolled my eyes when I heard Kady stirring around.

"What are you still doing here?"

"What are you talking about?" she asks me, looking genuinely confused.

"I thought you said you were going back home. Don't you have class or something?"

She folds her arms and glares at me. "I never told you when. Why do you want me out of here so fast? So you can bring another ho over here?"
I cut my eyes at her. "What is it with you and these accusations? I will be having a friend over tonight, but she's only a friend."

"If you want to be done with me, just say it, Zee!"

"I already did! You didn't listen to me!" I shouted.

"Because you didn't mean it. Didn't you just tell me you wanted to work it out?"

"You basically forced yourself back in my crib and basically pretended that nothing happened." I said. "Look, I'll be completely honest with you. I'm not sure about what I want out of this relationship. I.... I think we need a break."

Kady gritted her teeth at me. "A break is just a reason to ho around without feeling guilty! You either want to break up, or you don't. Which is it, Zee?"

I stared at her for a long time. She looked madder than I've ever seen her be. Up until now, I didn't realize she was crying. I thought about my past memories with her. We were going good until she started accusing me of messing with everybody I glance at. It's irritating, and if it didn't stop this far into the relationship, it would never stop. Besides, after what happened with Priest, I don't even think I care about Kady anymore. I'm done.

"I... I wanna break up."

Kady was wiping away her tears, but she immediately composed herself. "I will gather my things and leave your residence in thirty minutes."

"Kady, don't be like that."

"My name is Kadence. Please refrain from calling me Kady. You've lost that privilege." she said, and retreated to my room.

Twenty minutes later, Jade showed up to my house. I let her in as Kady shoved the bracelet I gave her in my face and completely shoved past us without saying goodbye.

"Jeez, what's her problem?" asked Jade, sitting down on the couch.

"It's complicated," I say, staring at the bracelet. I then follow Jade to the couch and wait for her to tell me about Chris.

"So, they say they found a connection between Chris and Vicky. My guess is, they found my number in her and Vicky's records, and then linked both numbers to me, since Chris calls me like a damn obsessive maniac. I'm sure they figured that I was the reason why Chris killed her."

I squinted my eyes. "Hmm, that does seem like a tangible motive. As far as the number tracking.. Seriously?"

That means they had to have seen the number of those throwaway phones. I think they can trace each number back to the store it was purchased from, but not to the person who did the purchasing.

I figure, since I gave Vicky my real phone number that they've also seen my number pop up, but dismissed it since I was the found that found her and reported her death. But still, though, if they ever get wind of the fact that Chris wanted to put a hit out on Vicky and enlisted my help, it would be bad for me. It wouldn't even matter if Chris caught an extra charge 'cause she'll be away for a LONG time. 'Course she would be able to say that a hitman killed her, but then again she'd implicate herself for solicitation of murder. The only thing that might connect me to any murder that went down is if someone has my DNA on them. Either that or if one of my clients is feeling the heat and wants to tell the police about "Ash."

I breathed deeply as Jade continues to give me the details of what Chris told her.

"Damn, that's crazy." I say.

I wanted to call Priest and let her know the new information I just got. I wasn't sure if I should, though. I mean, shit got way out of hand last time we saw each other. I mean, that kiss... I ain't ever experienced something like that before. I've always thought she was pretty in the face, but I didn't ever think we would ever be more than platonic friends.

For one, she was way too worried about church and pleasing her father, and for two, she dresses masculine, too. My attraction has always, always, always been towards feminine women. If you had told me we would kiss one day, I would have been disgusted. I'm still not sure I would do it again, but I won't sit here and pretend like I would have stopped her if we'd have gone further than that, if my sisters didn't remind me they were around.

But, see, now I've had a little time to think about that. Maybe Priest didn't need to be involved with anyone. She needs to heal from what her dad did to her. I don't think it's right to even mess around with her while she is so vulnerable. Vulnerability seems to bring out the lust in everybody. I don't want to be a distraction. She should face her issues head on, and by herself. I can support her through this until she heals, on the sidelines. Then we'll see if we can make something work. Yeah, that's how we'll handle this.

Just a few minutes after Jade left, my phone rang, and it was Priest on the other line.

I took a deep breath and answered it.
"Yeah?"
"I'm outside."