Status: DISCLAIMER: started this story literal years ago, updates will be slow lol

The Crazee Life

Chapter 7

Vicky pulled me into the comic store. It was called Hella Comics. I rolled my eyes at how lame the name was. I was kind of intrigued by how many comics and figurines and stuff were in here. Vicky gave a nod to the owner, who she called Sal. He was a white dude with sandy brown hair and a long ponytail.

"Hey there, Vicky. Who's your friend?"

"Oh, this is Ashley.." Vicky remarked.
I waved at Sal. "Hey, how ya doin' man?"

Even though I never said Ashley was my name, I decided not to say anything. The whole reason I went by Ash is because it's mostly associated with Ashley, not Ashtyn. Even though it was only my middle name, I didn't need ANYONE connecting the dots between me and Ash. My plan was working.

But I knew I couldn't kill this bitch now. Someone else has seen me with her. Sal could probably identify me from a line up. I didn't do too much to conceal my identity, either. I had a hat on to maybe hide my eyes, but that was about it. I don't like to be out in sweatsuits and shit unless I was sniping someone at night. if I were to wear that stuff at this time of day, I would have attracted more unwanted attention.
Consider yourself lucky Vicky, you get to live another day.

Later on that day, I was at Priest's house. "I may as well give you a key, as much as you come over here."

"Hah, I just like being over here. You always make me feel better about myself. Even if you go on your little religious tangent. You're a good friend."

Priest chuckles. "There's nothing wrong with a little Jesus in your life. I've just been praying harder than ever now. I'm still selling drugs and I think I have enough money to sustain myself, at least for a while. I hope you're almost done with your hustle, too. "

"I told you, Priest. Just tell me when you stop. I'll stop, too. As much as I love the money, I'm starting to go soft. You know I almost killed a bitch today?"

"Am I supposed to applaud you for your restraint? Zee, I really hope you're ready to explain all of your actions to your maker."

"My maker? Girl, what am I, made in China? Chill. I'm sure God knows my heart.. or whatever."

"Whatever, man. Anyway, how are the sisters?"

"They're good, Britt just had a birthday. She was gonna have a party, but her little bad ass couldn't behave in school so we decided not to give her one. I still have yet to get her a present, though. What do 10 year olds even like? Barbies?"

"What did you like when you were 10?"

"Bitches." I replied.

"You mean to tell me you were never into little girly toys? Ever?"

"Nah, I always wanted to be outside with the neighborhood boys. I'm sure I had a Susie Q somewhere, but never played with it. Are you kidding me? Gross."

Priest chuckled. "Okay, it was just a question."

"Shit, what did you play with when you were little?"

"Well, my daddy gave me a Cabbage Patch doll. He also got me one of those little jeeps, too. Oh, and I had stuffed animals for days. He spoiled me quite often. He used to think the world of me before I came out."

"I'm sure he still thinks very highly of you. I'm tellin' you, he'll accept your true self one day. He can't be mad about it forever."

"Yeah, and he still lets me sit in his church. I was scared he was gonna throw me out of there."

"Aw, does Reena need a hug?"

"Shut up, Zee." She chuckles. "Anyway, did you break it off with Kady yet?"

I sighed. "Nah, I didn't. I don't know, it's complicated. I never actually said we were back together, but she's acting like nothing ever happened. Not to mention, she called my business phone to get me to kill Wynn. I can't see her the same after that. The girl is great in bed though, I must admit." Priest and I chuckle. "But, now I know she's a piece of shit. You don't just turn feelings off, though. It's hard."

She rolls her eyes. "I think you're a little scared of her."

I squint my eyes at Priest. "I kill bitches for a living." I said, as I pulled out a pre-rolled blunt. I grabbed the lighter on the table and lit it. "I ain't afraid of shit."

"You're afraid of getting caught by the police. That's why you evade them." She suggests.

"I'm more afraid of prison than the police. Those guys are normal ass people once the badges come off. It's ridiculous how much a piece of metal empowers someone."

Priest raises her eyebrows. "Well, I see your piece of metal has you feeling invincible. Like you're just immune to any kind of consequences."

I rolled my eyes and took a drag of the blunt. "Look man... you wanna hit this?" She looks at me quizzically. "The blunt, not me." We both chuckled as she came to sit by me. "I'm in!"

A month later, Priest was finally ready to stop selling drugs. I was at her house, watching as she sold the very last of her stash. She sighed for a long time. "Alright, God," she said out loud. "I'm done with that part of my life. Show me how I can get even more closer to you."

Again, I wasn't sure if I believed in God, but I was looking around to see if there was any weird paranormal shit going on. I've equated God to some kind of supernatural energy, so if He existed, I would have ocular proof.

When Priest looked back at me, she chuckled. "You look so freaked out."

"I'm just hella tense, that's all. I'm on high alert right now. I don't need no spirit fuckin' with me."

"He's not going to mess with you, Zee. He's only here to help us, that's all. I'm just so excited man, both of us are gonna be on the straight and narrow."

"Uh, well.... I meant what I said about quitting my illegal activities, but I still have one more person on my list. Vicky Caruso. I... I can't bring myself to do it. She's so dope, yo."

Priest is beaming. "Aw, Zee is in love."

"What? No! She's become a bit of a friend, honestly. I'm thinking of refunding Chris her money back and saying forget it. She's a master at noticing me before I get a chance to kill her! I'm feelin' like Stewie, when he's trying to kill Lois. Something always seems to fuck it up, including my conscience."

"So then don't do it. God will make a way. I promise. Put your guns away and use some of your money to create a business to support your sisters. I know your mom would be proud of you."

"That'd be one way to reassure my mom that she didn't raise some devil. Even though I'd killed 37 people."

I said. Both of sat in silence, still sharing the blunt.

I never forgot any of my victims' names. My very first one was Horatio Salazar. He was 38. His wife ordered the hit. After killing him, I felt a little invincible. I've never been caught or implicated in any of my victims' murders. I did have several of my clients trying to roll on me, though. Again, the name always threw them off. They were always looking for an Ashley. Now, I didn't have to ever worry about getting caught in a plot since I'm retiring. I'm gonna let Vicky Caruso live.

Actually, I missed her. I had last hung out with her last night. We watched Netflix and actually chilled. Who doesn't wanna blaze up to a movie and drink their sorrows away? Plus, she had introduced me to some anime. I didn't actually have an interest in that stuff before seeing her at the comic store. Now I'm watching Naruto and shit.

We're supposed to watch the rest of the final season today. I gave Priest a dap and left her house. I headed to Vicky house and knocked on the door. I opened the door when I heard no answer. I opened the door to Vicky's bloody foot. I gasped. She's dead!