Status: DISCLAIMER: started this story literal years ago, updates will be slow lol

The Crazee Life

Chapter 8

I stand at Vicky's door, speechless. I didn't know what to do. Of course I had killed before, but I had never found anyone dead before. What was the protocol? To call the authorities? Why the fuck would I do that? Although I was sure I'd never be caught for my crimes, it's too easy for me to be stuck with Vicky's death. Off rip, I knew that Chris had been the one to kill Vicky. She's the one that hired me to do the killing. She must have gotten tired of waiting. Even though I decided against it earlier, I ended up calling the authorities.

I called them, and while I waited for their arrival, I looked over the crime scene, from outside of the house. Chris had done a horrible job. First of all, you could see footsteps all through Vicky's blood. She didn't even attempt to clean anything up. What a dumbass. She is definitely going down, if they figure out who did it.
I won't lie, I came to really enjoy Vicky's company which made it hard for me to even consider killing her; but there was no way in Hell that I would implicate Chris. They would question how I knew her, and that is not a question I'm going to answer truthfully. I had to just tell the police I was a new friend of hers.

I turned around as I heard police sirens down the street from the house. I lean against the side of the house with my head in my hands. I didn't need them to notice how unbothered I was that I had found a body.

The sirens of a squad car and an ambulance blare loudly as they arrive in front of Vicky's house. I took the liberty of approaching the cop first. I had to put my acting skills to work.
"They killed.... they killed my friend!", I exclaimed.
"Ma'am," says the officer getting out of his car.
"I'm Officer Grant. Please tell me exactly what happened."
I pretend to blubber some nonsense, to make myself look as disturbed as possible.

"What's your name, ma'am?" he asks, in a calming tone.
"I'm Zuri, but everybody calls me Zee. I just met Vicky in the stor-" I began.
"So that's the victim? Vicky?"
"Yes, Vicky Caruso! We're just acquaintances but we were getting to know each other! I came here because we wanted to have a Naruto marathon! Then I found her..."
"Okay, Zee. I know you just met her, but can you think of anybody that would want to hurt her?"
CHRIS!
"I'm not sure, Officer. We weren't well acquainted enough to discuss our personal issues with other people, you know?" I said.

After a couple more minutes of questioning and my fake ass tears, the officers let me go. I felt horrible for how fake I was being. I mean, I almost had to kill her myself. I'm glad I didn't have to. But now, I had another question that was burning in my mind. Chris obviously knows I didn't get around to killing her, so where the hell is she? Something tells me I haven't seen the last of her.
I wonder if that was an act of God. I could now retire from being a hit man. After this last encounter with a dead body and the authorities, I am done with that shit for good. I went to Priest's house to let her know what went down.

A half an hour later, I was at her house relaying everything. "This is the first time I've ever had to deal with authorities since I've been in this business. Definitely shook me up a little bit. I am definitely done." I declared.
Priest, along with a wide grin, runs over and hugs me. She then sits to my left on her new, leather couch.
"Aw, I'm so happy for you! And you know what, Zee? I believe this was God's plan for you all along."
"I wish he didn't have to scare me half to death before I convinced myself I could quit."
"That's how it usually is. When you're as hardheaded as you are, a lesson that drastic is required!"
"Ugh, you sound like my mom. Always reminding me how stubborn I am."
"Whatever. So, now that we're no longer lawbreakers, what do you suggest we do?"
"Celebrate with a little bit of weed and a couple drinks."
Priest rolled her eyes. "No. Plus you know I don't keep alcohol in the house!"
I rolled my eyes.
"When did you become the fun police? Look, I know you love God and the Bible and all of that, but it shouldn't keep you from having a little fun!" I say.
"I'm gon' get you high today, Priest. Look, there ain't a scripture prohibiting marijuana, is there?"
Priest thinks for a minute. "Um... not that I can recall."
"So, let's get high. It's cool, I know you sold all your shit. I brought MINE with me. My Ls are all pre-rolled so we don't have to waste any time!"
Before Priest can object, I pull out my blunts and a lighter.
"Be careful with that lighter, Zee. If you burn my couch, I'ma hurt you!"
I rolled my eyes as I proceeded to light the blunt and take a drag. I inhaled the smoke into my lungs, and happily exhaled it from my nose. I purposely blew some smoke from my mouth in Priest's direction.
"Doesn't that smell glorious?" I ask, grinning wildly.
"It smells like someone forgot their deodorant."
"It won't matter to you once you get high off your ass. Here, you try."
Priest looks at me funny.
"Y'all just be sharing blunts?"
I side eye her for a minute.
"If it's a long time homie, sure. Also, it's common if the other person is a nonsmoker, which is you. In other words, I'm not gonna waste a whole blunt on you, 'cause you probably wouldn't even be able to smoke it yourself?" I say.
"Uh, okay." she says. She takes the blunt from my hand and puts it to her lips.
"Inhale, Priest. I'm gon get you high today. It's Friday and we basically just quit our jobs. We ain't got shit to do! Let's go!"
She attempts to inhale but wind up coughing very hard.
I'm dying laughing at her. She tries to hand the joint right back to me, but I decline.
"No, try again. We're on a mission. We gotta build your tolerance!"
Priest is shaking her head while still coughing. "Nah, I don't think this is for me."
"Do you have asthma?"
"No."
"Then it's definitely for you!"
Priest rolls her eyes at me.
She can't believe I'm basically forcing her to get high, but I'm only doing it because I need to be high and I don't feel like leaving. I wanted to forget all about what happened to Vicky. I wanted to forget about everything that pertained to my former job. I wanted to just be on the straight and narrow. No more illegal activity! Except for marijuana. That is definitely staying in my life.