Status: I wrote this story literal years ago. Updates will be slow, lol.

Micki Wall, Matchmaker

Intro Chapter.

"This don't make no goddamn sense!" I shout, within the confines of my car. I was sitting in my 2013 Ford Fusion, annoyed to the maximum.

There's a frickin' car accident and it made traffic slow down. I was about to be late for work!

Fuck! I knew I shouldn't have brought that girl home last night!

I sit back in my seat and reprimand my self.

"See what happens when you're a dumbass and bring girls back home, Mick? You get it in all night and then you're late to work the next morning." I said to myself, fuming.

I already hated my boss, I did NOT wanna hear his mouth today.

Well, I didn't actually HATE him.

Mr. Prynne was such a dick at work, but so easygoing outside of it.

40 long, irritating minutes later, traffic finally begins to get back to normal. Of course I get to work late.

I get situated in my office and begin to boot my computer up so I could get ready for the work day. I headed to my best friend, Syd's office just to set up a time for when she was gonna come over, so I could give her the details of last night.

After that, I went and got coffee, and went back to my office, hoping Mr. Prynne would just leave me alone today.

As I waited for my first client of the day, I checked my email. I am a matchmaker at Luv, Inc. We seemed to be the most popular business in this field. Mr. Prynne had three matchmakers. Me, Sydney, and Mike. Then we had a magazine, and a website, and a bunch of other stuff so there were a lot of people that worked here.

In comes a beautiful blonde haired, fair skinned woman. She was wearing a beautiful deep blue dress and it made her eyes pop.

I stand up to greet her.

"Hi, I'm Celeste." She says.

"Hi, Celeste. I'm Micki Wall." I reply. "Please, have a seat."

She obeys.

"So, how ya feelin'? Nervous?"

I ask, to get her more comfortable with me, as I view her profile.

"A little."

Hmmm, it says she is a 24 year old Aquarius that loves shopping, deep sea diving, and long walks.

Dislikes are: arrogance and jealous people. Touchè.

"Okay, so, would you be interested in looking for a man or a woman?"

Celeste answers, "Either one."

"Alright.... And would you be open to dealing with someone with kids?" i ask.

"Yes," Celeste answers with a gleam in her eyes. "I love kids!"

I nod as I think of some possible matches.

"Alright, any preference as far as weight, height?"

"I only ask that they be taller than I am. Without these heels, I'm barely 5'5 and I definitely like looking up to my date."

"Okay, so I will call you within this week and let you know if I come up with matches for you."

"Alright."

After questioning her for a few more minutes, I stand up; so does she, and we shake hands and exchange goodbyes.

I immediately get to work. I pull out the profiles of four women and four men.

The first one was of a woman named Kia Clark. She was an African American mother of 2, and she was a little older than Celeste. She was an easygoing Aries and like Celeste, loved shopping.

I smile to myself, and begin to get more client profiles together. I loved THIS part of my job.

*Later that night*

"So she told you she loved you?" Syd asked. "Yeah," I chuckle. "What did you say to her?"

"Nothing, I just kept licking her." I said.

"Ahah, so I'm assuming you're not gonna sleep with her again?"

"Man, probably. She gave pretty awesome dome."

Syd chuckles. "Man, you need to settle down. How are you a matchmaker but you can't find your own girl?"

"I CAN, I just don't want to. I ain't met the right girl yet. Until then, I'm tryna have me some fun."

"You gon' fuck around and catch an STD!"

"Jesus, Syd. I don't fuck THAT much, and I get tested regularly. "

"How many girls did you bring back here?"

I shift in my seat, trying to think.

"Three."

"That's a damn lie, you had to think about it."

Syd and I started laughing.

"I'm being serious, though. I'm not a ho! YOU pull more bait than me, and I'm the single one. You need to chill with the stuff YOU do. Worried about me, but you can't stay faithful to the girl you got. I almost feel like shit for pairing y'all up."

"She's crazy, man!"

"That's no excuse!"

"I know. I'm gonna stop. Speaking of relationships, I got a friend." She says.

I blow out a deep breath.

"C'mon, open your mind."

"I will listen to what you have to say." I say.

"Alright. Her name is Duchesne. Chez for short. She's 21... Not that much younger than you. She's a soft stud but she goes for any kind of chick."

I raise an eyebrow. A stud? I don't even go for that type of girl. I'm all the stud I need. But I didn't wanna interrupt her.

"Go on."

"There's nothing more to it. I can already sense that you're uneasy. I bet she'll change your mind."

"Fine!" I say, sighing loudly.

"Fine, what?" Asked Syd, knowingly.

"Fine, I will go on a date with your friend or whatever."

"Awesome!" Syd said, excitedly.

I was dreading this damn date already...