Status: I wrote this story literal years ago. Updates will be slow, lol.

Micki Wall, Matchmaker

Bruised Ego

The first thing I did was cover my titties. "I knew it. Gimme a call once y'all bust a couple more nuts." she said. She was laughing so hard and clutching her stomach. She shut the door and I stared ahead in confusion. I sat on the couch, still shocked about the whole situation. I was busted. My secret was out. Sydney won. I wasn't in the mood to finish what I had going on with Chez. I literally felt exposed and uncomfortable now. Chez saw my expression. "Babe, don't worry about that. You can deal with her later. I'm glad she walked in. That's what your ass gets." Chez chimed in.

"I can't believe I got caught up in trying to hide us. I just couldn't admit to myself or anyone else that I had feelings for another stud."

"We're just two women who like fucking each other. Nothin' wrong with that." Chez says.

"Yeah, but it's just.... It's still different for me. Don't get me wrong, I love it when you take control and everything, but it's still a little weird for me when I'm not in control. I've only been with fems, you know?"

"I understand that. You've said it a million times. You know you like it when I do the things I do. Don't let your insecurities fuck everything up."

"Did you.... set me up?" I asked. I was being dead serious.

"Don't be stupid. I wouldn't go that far for you to feel like a loser. Especially not when you were laying it down like that."

I smirked. "You liked that?"
"Yes." She said, pecking me on the lips.

"Tomorrow is gonna fucking blow." I said, leaning back into the couch, as Chez gets up to shower.

"You comin'?" she asked.

"Yeah." I replied, still losing my nerve. Just a few minutes ago, I felt confident that I could get over the fact that Sydney knew about my girlfriend. I gave her so much Hell, and now she knows she was right all along. Fuuuuuck, she was gonna rub it in my face. On the bright side, though, I was about to tear my girl up in the shower. I suppose it'll improve my mood.

_____

The next morning, I took extra long to go to work. I made Chez and I a three course breakfast before getting ready. I was in my boyshorts and a sportsbra when I walked in the kitchen at 7 AM. I looked in the cabinet for some pancake mix and got a measuring cup. I poured two cups' worth of mix into the glass measuring cup, and into a mixing bowl. Then I put some water in, too. I didn't give a shit about the box telling me to put two thirds of a cup of water in the mix, because it always kept my mix still looking lumpy, not smooth at all. I put a whole cup of water in the mix and used a wooden spoon to mix everything in the bowl. After a couple seconds, I remembered to lightly spray some PAM on a skillet and turned my stove on HIGH. I continued to stir the mix until it was smooth. Then I poured some on the skillet and waited for it to cook on that side. I heard the water in my bathroom run, so I knew that Chez was now awake. When I turned my attention back to the pancake, I flipped it, but I did it too early.

"Fuck." I exclaimed. I'd been making my own breakfast since I was 12 years old, and sometimes I still fucked up when making pancakes. Chez had just walked in the kitchen, and sat at the table. "It smells good already."

"Well. I try." I say, in a cocky manner.

A half-hour later, we sat at the table with full bellies. "Damn, girl." Chez remarks. "I didn't think I was dealing with a chef."

"I used to work at IHOP. I memorize some of the recipes." I had made hashbrowns, bacon, and eggs to go along with the pancakes.

"Lucky me. You gotta teach me some of that shit. My baby loves breakfast food."

"Where's she at?"

"With my sister. I'm gonna get her later on tonight. I didn't really want to be away from my daughter, but my sister suggested I take a night off. So I did. I can't wait till you meet her. "

"When can I?"

"This weekend. Her birthday's on the way, and my people want to have a cookout. You can meet everybody, then."

"Aight." I said.

"When can I meet your family?"

"Honestly, the only family I have around me is 24/7 is Sydney, and she's not even blood. My mom's all the way in Atlanta. My dad's in California. I've been here since college."

"Oh. So you have no family at all down here?"
"I have a cousin. We're close. I guess one day I could introduce you to her. "

"What's her name?" asks Chez.

"Rae. Crazy thing is, she's in a stud for stud relationship too. She told me labels weren't a huge deal."

"Your cousin is a smart girl."

"Yeah, she's about to graduate high school... Second honors."

"Awesome."

Chez glances at the clock.. "Mick, you better hurry up and get ready. You don't wanna be late."

"I don't even wanna go." I whined.

"Man up Micki, damn!" Chez snapped.

"Sorrr-ry." I said, slightly irritated. I knew I was being a big baby but I still hated the fact that Sydney was right and I was wrong.

I walked out of the kitchen and went to take a shower.

____

I begrudgingly got out of my car and strolled into work. The first thing I did was peak inside the breakroom to see if there was any sign of Sydney. There wasn't. I breathed a sigh of relief and walked over to the coffee machine. I got a cup and lifted the handle to let the coffee fill my cup. Then, I put creamer and three sugar cubes into my coffee. I smiled at its aroma, and turned around to see Sydney, smiling, but saying nothing.

I roll my eyes. "What are you, Slenderman?"

"Why didn't you tell me you liked her, man? Instead of putting up a front? C'mon, I'm your best friend." Sydney says. Her smile never leaves her face. She was enjoying the hell out of my embarrassment.

"Because I know how you get when you're right. I couldn't bear that shit."

"I'm lowkey annoyed. You know you can tell me anything. I can be annoying --and just know, I'm gonna keep bragging about this whole thing-- I know I play around alot, but I got your back forreal. I'm happy for you though."

I grin at her.
"Thanks, man."
"Yeah..... I'm scarred for life, though. I mean I love y'all and y'all cute and everything but I don't ever wanna see y'all naked again."

I chuckle. "Ain't nobody tell yo bigheaded ass to come over!"

"I texted you and told you I was coming over." she replied.

"Really?"

"Yeah." She says, in a singsongy voice.

"Ohhhh, that's where the texts came from! I didn't turn my phone back on until earlier 'cause I charged it when I got up. I thought you were tryna come over today."

"Girl, no. Not after I done seen that traumatic sight."

I rolled my eyes at her and sipped my coffee.

"Bitch, get this. I got another letter from my secret admirer."

"You think it could be Tina?"

"Or NAH." I chortled.

"I'm just playin', I'm just playin'." Sydney says, laughing.

"You play too much." I said, and both of us walked out of the breakroom.