Status: I wrote this story literal years ago. Updates will be slow, lol.

Micki Wall, Matchmaker

Mother (Sometimes) Knows Best

After Sydney goes back to her office and I go back to mine, I just happen to glance out the window to spot someone in all black near my car. I rush out to see who it was, but the mystery person was already gone. There was a letter on my windshield, though. The envelope was pink and girly and annoying. See, if this person loves me so goddamn much, they would know I hate corny shit. Flowers and cards and chocolate don't work for me..... well, chocolate is cool, but fuck everything else. If this person didn't know where I lived, where I worked, and my car, I would think these gifts were meant for someone else. Not to mention each letter starts off with 'My dearest Michaela'. I rolled my eyes and went back into my office to try to concentrate on scheduling more mixers and more dates. Devon really seemed to get my message about him trying to hit and quit women, since he called in to let me know that his date with Valerie was lovely. I congratulated him and hung up. I was glad I had tomorrow off. I was kinda nervous about meeting my girl's family, but I was excited, too! I was gonna meet her daughter. It was definitely a step towards being a more serious couple.
___

The next day, I woke up with butterflies in my stomach. I was scared shitless of what Duchesne's family would think of me. Normally, I wouldn't care what someone thought of me, but this is my girl's family. Chez already made it clear that family is important to her. If they hated me, there's a huge possibility she could just leave me. I didn't want that to happen. Not when I was JUST getting comfortable with how our relationship is.

I argued with myself on what to wear. I looked fine in anything but today was important. Did I wanna go ultimate casual, or semi formal? I decide to go with the casual look. I decided that wearing semiformal wear would make it seem like I was trying too hard. I also didn't wanna appear like I don't care, either.

I decided on a peach button up and khakis. To keep myself from looking TOO casual, I would wear my hair in a bun and wear some black glasses today. After I got dressed, I called Chez and let her know I was gonna come over in a few minutes.

I got my wallet, keys, and cell phone and headed to the car. On the way over, I was nervous as fuck. I was still thinking of how many ways this whole day could turn into shit. I've never met anyone's mom, aside from Sydney's. Tina's mom died before I had the chance to meet her. What if her mama didn't like me? What if her daughter was a complete nightmare?

Then I caught myself. Why am I so worried? Everything is gonna go fine. There really isn't anything to worry about. Or is there?

I call Sydney up. "Yo, what's up?" she answers.

"I am nervous as fuck. I've never met any of my girlfriends' parents!"

"Chill, Mick. It's easy as pie. All you gotta do is be yourself."

"You've met your past girls' parents?"

"Yes," she says confidently. "Macy's parents love me. When she died, they were more concerned about me, when they were the ones who lost a child."

We sit in silence for a minute.

"Well, you okay?" I ask, concerned. It had been some time since the loss, but I still wasn't sure if Sydney was okay.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I definitely still miss her, but I'm fine."

"Okay. You sure you don't need anything?"

She chuckles. "No, Mick. Just go and meet your girl's parents. They're hilarious and they'll love you. Now, go!" she says.

I felt a little better about the situation.

"Okay, I'll call you later. Love you." I say.

"Love you back, bye."

I finally put my car in 'drive' and make my way into traffic.

I pull up to Duchesne's two story home, 10 minutes from mine. I ring the doorbell and I hear a little girl screaming. I smile. It has to be her daughter. "I'm comin'," Chez yells. Suddenly the screaming stops and Chez finally answers the door.

She smiles when she sees me. "Hi, babe." she says, and gives me a quick peck on the lips.

"Come in."

I step inside, and I see a mostly spotless living room with a few toys scattered to the left, by the entertainment section. Just then I saw a curly haired little girl, She looked to be about six years old.

"Come here, baby." she calls to the little girl. She waddles over to her mom and looks at me with a confused look. "Look, this is mommy's friend."

"Micki, this is my daughter Valessa." I smiled at her and her mom. Wow, he looks so much like her. Valessa had dark, curly hair put into two ponytails with pink ribbons. She had on a yellow polka dot dress and black socks. "She is so adorable." I say, and bend kneeled down to eye level with her and smiled. "Hi, Valessa. I'm Micki." I stuck my hand out to shake hers and she was shy, but she shook mine back. "You know Mommy?"

"Yeah." I replied.

She turned to her mom. "You never told me your friend was so pretty, mommy."

I blushed and so did Chez. "Okay, go play with your toys."

"Okay," Valessa said. "Nice to meet you, Micki."

I smile in response as she returns to her seat on the floor.

"She is so adorable."

"Thank you. I make pretty babies."

"Wanna make another one?" I ask, and press my body against hers, where her daughter couldn't see. We shared a series of light kisses and she was laughing the whole time. "Stop it, my baby is here." I kissed her again, and said "Put her down for a nap."

"It's 11 o'clock." she replies. I groan quietly. I let go of her and as I walk away, she says "Next time, you're carrying."

"Carrying what? Ain't nothin' comin' out of here." I said, half serious.

"You hungry, Mick?"

"Hell, yeah."

"I still have breakfast from earlier, if you want that. It's in the fridge."

--

An hour later, Chez and I are laid up on the couch, while Valessa was in her room playing with some other toy.

Just then, I heard a knock at the door. Chez jumped up and went to the door. I salivated at the way her ass swayed in her pants. I loved how, even though she wore men's attire, I could still spot every one of her curves. "Hi, Ma." I heard. I stood up to properly greet her mom. I walked around the couch to stand next to Chez. "Mom... this is my girl, Micki."

"Hi," I said, sticking my hand out. "It's an honor to meet you."

My smile fell as I noticed that the woman did not take my hand. "Baby, what the hell is this?"

Chez sighed deeply. "Don't be like that, Ma. She's good to me, and Valessa seemed to like her today."

"Baby, when you said you liked girls, I was fine with it. But seriously? Why don't you go get you a man, honey? After all, she dresses like one."

I resisted the urge to punch this old bitch in her veneers. "Ma'am, please don't compare me to a man. Yes, I do prefer more masculine clothing, but your daughter likes me because-"

"Ugh, leave me alone. Now, where is my grandbaby?"

"So you just gon' cut me off?" I asked, incredulously.

"Baby, I don't like this right here. You like girls, fine. Whatever. But find you an actual lady. Why the hell do you like this.... thing?"

"Ma'am... I'ma ask you one more time not to disrespect me. My name... is Micki."

Chez shoots me an apologetic look.

"Whatever, child. Always something. Duchesne, why do you wanna go down the street with this right here? You wanna look like two MEN walking together?"

"Look, bitch, I done told you to watch your damn mouth. But see, now I gotta get turnt up."

"Micki!" Chez yells.

"No, you need to get her ass before I hurt her!"

"Excuse me?" Chez asked me. "You won't do a damn thing to my mama. She's not right, but don't threaten my mama."

"Are you kidding me, Chez? After she disrespected me like that?"

"That's my mama. I told you how she was!"

"No, you didn't!"

In the midst of this, the woman walked straight to Valessa's room.

I stared long and hard at Duchesne. "How could you take her side?!"

"Like I said, that's my mama and she comes before any bitch."

"Bitch?!" I screeched. "Holla at me when you get a fucking backbone." I said, before storming out.

Damn! I really wanted to fuck tonight.