Status: I wrote this story literal years ago. Updates will be slow, lol.

Micki Wall, Matchmaker

Hesitation

I was still deciding whether I wanted to help Tina. I mean, she had done me so dirty. She cheated on me. You really think I wanna set some of my other clients up with a known cheater?!

"Is this a yes?" Asked Tina.
"Lemme tell you something, Tina. If I set you up, you have to follow my rules. Promise me right now that you will not be trifling. I'll be damned if you do my clients like how you did me!"

"I made a mistake, I can't take it back. Sorry."

"I need to hear you say you will not cheat on whoever I set you up with."

"I can't predict the future, Mick."

I rolled my eyes. "I'm gonna ask you some preliminary shit and I'm gonna write it down. I'm gonna find you a few girls and then we'll have a mixer with all of them and you'll choose two that you're interested in. You'll go on a date with both of them and decide which one to pursue a relationship with. Got it?"

Tina seemed surprised at my robotic tone. "Yeah, I got it."

"Okay, so your profile says here you like women. What kind of women? Masculine, feminine?"

"Masculine. Not real butchy, but I don't really like feminine girls, either."

"How about height? Do you like your dates to be taller than you?"

"Yes, definitely."

I glanced at her online profile again.

"Are kids a dealbreaker for you?"

"Nah, but I'd prefer it if they didn't have any."

I asked her some more stuff like that.

"Okay, I'll hit you up in a few days, and let you know when we'll have your mixer."

"Okay.... and Mick.... thank you."

"No problem." I said, and she left.

After she left I just sat at my desk. I wondered why the fuck I had such bad luck in women. I had Tina cheat on me, and my girl before that had used the hell outta me. And my current girl was getting on my damn nerves with all this stuff concerning her mother.

I decided that I would go and see her after work. I was tired of us being mad at each other. Maybe I was a little out of line, catching an attitude with her. I still feel it was justified, but I understand why Chez flipped. But she needs to know that I respect whomever respects me. Her mother didn't show me any kind of respect, and that is one thing I demand. She had to at least have my back on THAT part. Losing her to some bullshit like this would seriously mess with my head.

I looked at my watch. 1:00. I didn't take lunch, yet, so I decided to drive out to my girl's house. I shut off my computer and clocked out for my lunch. I waved to Sydney as I walked out to my car.

"Fuck, it is hot!" I put my hair in a bun and put on my sunglasses.

I headed towards Duchesne house, blasting music. I was singing along because I knew what I needed to get in order to curb this bad mood of mine. I was definitely going to try to get it.

Five minutes later, I was knocking on her door.

She came to the door in a white tee and messy hair. She stared at me. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm here to apologize. Can I please come in?"

"Why do you need to come in? You apologized, thanks. You can go now." She said.

"Seriously?" I asked.

She folds her arms.

"I wanna show you how sorry I am. I'm also willing to apologize to your mother."

...even though she ain't shit.

"You gon' let me in, or what?" I asked.

She just walked away from the door, allowing me to come in.

I shut the door behind me.

"Aren't you tired of being mad at me, Chez? I mean, damn. I miss holding you and shit."
Chez smirks a little. "Aw, you miss Daddy?"

"You sure you're Daddy? I'm positive I had you tapping out when I had you in a pretzel."

"Oh, really?" Asked Chez, straddling me. "So, show me what you're made of.