Status: I wrote this story literal years ago. Updates will be slow, lol.

Micki Wall, Matchmaker

Crazy

The next morning, my head was pounding. I scan the room without actually moving my body. Everything looked the way it was supposed to. Then, I craned my neck to see where Sydney was. I frown at her once I realize she's half naked. Did she mean to change and said 'fuck it?' Then, I realize that I was feeling a random ass breeze. I look down at my body for the first time this morning, and find that I don't have anything on. Immediate panic set in. I hopped up immediately and woke her up. "Sydney, get up!"

"What, Mick? Damn."

"Get your ass up!" I seethed.

She finally turns around. "Oh, my God! Where are your clothes?!"

"What?" You ripped them off, obviously!

"Where are your clothes that I laid out for you?" Whaaa?

"What are you talking about?"

"I thought I told you to get in the shower. I picked your pajamas out so you could wash your ass."

"So we didn't....?" If so, it wasn't very memorable.

"Oh, my God. No!"

I breathed a sigh of relief. But then, I was confused again.

"So then, why the hell are you almost naked in my house?"

"Oh, calm down. You ought to be lucky I wore anything. You know I sleep naked!"

"Sydney," I began.

"Ahhh, whatever, you'd love it!" she replies, jokingly. "Anyway, I was here so your drunk ass wouldn't be alone. I thought about calling Chez over, but decided it would be a terrible idea."

"Ugh, I would feel so much better if I could just get everything out to her."

"You can do whatever you want to, just go put some damn clothes on. I'm tired of looking at your titties."

I rolled my eyes and went to my room. I suddenly saw the pajamas Sydney was talking about. I take them and head to my bathroom to take a shower.

I hear a knock at the door an hour later, and yell for Sydney to answer the door.

"Um," she began. "It's from that lovesick weirdo."

I rolled my eyes. This stalker had once again delivered something to my house. But this time, the letter sounded a little less lovey-dovey.

'Dear, Micki. I'm a little hurt that you didn't show up to my private party. It's okay, though. I'll give you another chance. Same time, same place tomorrow night. Be there, or else.

XOXO, Jane.'

Huh, this was the first time that the stalker had left a name. This was also the first time they addressed me as Micki.

I'd bet my whole house that 'Jane' is an alias, but I wonder if there are any clues in this name. Like if it stands for something.

Sydney looked up at me. "This mothafucka is weird. She's threatening you now? Jeez, she needs to learn when to take a damn hint."

"All I know is, I'm gettin' real sick of this bitch. Why hide behind a bunch of letters? That shit is so weird."

Sydney shrugs. "I dunno. Maybe they're scared to approach you. I dunno why, though, you really ain't shit." she chuckled.

I frown. "Don't be mad 'cause I got an admirer and you don't, lil' ugly dude."

Sydney cackles. "You've been sucked up into the Lil Ron Ron craze, too, huh?"

"Funniest shit I've ever seen in my life." I said.

"Hah, hey, when you gon' call Chez? Hasn't it been a little long for y'all to not talk? You're gonna avoid her for long, are you?"

I shrug. "We talk almost every day, but we haven't had much time to even see each other lately."

Sydney rolls her neck. "And?"

"Well, I have yet to call her about this whole ex thing. I do need to stop procrastinating. It's just, I'm afraid of-" I start.

There's a knock at the door.

I motion for Sydney to go get it. "When did I become the doorman? Damn." she says, as she opens the door. It's Chez, standing there in her work uniform.

"Afraid of what?" Chez asks., walking right in. Sydney tries to divert her attention.

"Damn, I don't get a 'hi'? Rude ass!" she says, pretending to be mad.

"Hey, Syd. Back to the topic at hand, though? Afraid of wh-?"

"Girl, I tried." Sydney interjects, grabbing her coat and car keys. "That's my cue to go. Mick, call you later, girl."

I watched Sydney walk out the door with my mouth open. How's she gon' leave me hangin' like that?

"What are you doing here, Chez? I was just gonna call you." I say.

"Came to check up on you. Finally had time to come see you. Again, what are you afraid of?"

"Uh," I began. "Well, you know at my job I pair people up and stuff. And well, I saw my ex."

"So what? You're over her, right? Didn't you tell me that?"

"Actually, I didn't. I just never really brought her up. Anyways, I thought I was over her, but I'm not. I got wasted last night and cried my eyes out."

Chez looks slightly annoyed with me. "Mick, I really think you're reading too much into this. Sure, you might miss your ex, but I just think you got comfortable with her. It's weird being with somebody new. And in your case, totally different from your typical kind of girl."

"So, you're not mad?"

She pursed her lips. "Oh, I'm pissed. I'm just not reacting in a violent manner because that's how I got locked up last time."

"Wait...locked up? You've been to jail before?"

She nodded. "Yes. It wasn't fun, so I know bashing you in the face will land me back in there, and no thanks."

Now that she said it, I did recognize a little bit of an edge in her voice.

"Look, Micki. It's totally normal to miss your ex, but don't let it mess up OUR relationship. Because then I have to fuck both of y'all up, and I don't want to do that." She looks at me with a stern look in her eye, to let me know she was dead serious.

I side eye her.

She touches me gently on the shoulder. "Look, I worked pretty hard to get you to like me back, okay? I'm not gonna end it because you miss your ex a little bit. Sulk for a little bit, and then get yourself together, okay? Let me know when that happens." she says, walking out.

I closed the door after her, and stared off into space in confusion. When did she start getting all possessive? I also don't take well to threats. Hold on, I might REALLY have to reconsider being with her. She might be crazy. She might be the calm kind of crazy. Those bitches will kill you with a smile on their face. I might need to watch my back around her! I might be better off fucking around with 'Jane' than Chez!