Status: I wrote this story literal years ago. Updates will be slow, lol.

Micki Wall, Matchmaker

Date Night

The next day, I am off of work, so I sit in my bed and watch television until my phone buzzes.

"Yo." I say upon answering.

"It's Syd."

"I know."

"Well, I called my friend and asked her about going on a blind date and she is down with it."

"Awesome." i say sarcastically.

"Micki, don't be like that. Try her out real quick!"

"What I wanna do is try a pretty FEM out 'real quick' if you catch my drift." I said, smirking.

"Well, you can do that later. You're going out with a STUD tonight, a real pretty one, might I add. So just chill out. And Micki?"

"Hmmm?"

"PLEASE don't be rude, alright?"

"Fine, whatever." I huffed.

"'Kay, hit me up when you're about to leave."

"Bye." I said, then hung up.

I glance at my clock and see that it's two o' clock. I may as well start getting ready. Takes me forever, anyways.

I get out of my bed and take a shower, since I didn't take one right when I woke up. I pulled my shirt over my head and flung it on my bed. Then, I took off my bra and underwear. After doing that, I let my hair out of the ponytail it was in, and let it fall to my shoulders. I hop in the shower and hear my phone ringing.

I ignore it and continue washing my body.

"Probably Rae calling." I said to myself. Rae DeWitt is my little cousin on my dad's side, and she's pretty awesome. I met her a couple years ago, when I visited my dad. We've been tight ever since.

I try and relax my nerves. I wasn't nervous, I was just annoyed. People were always trying to set me up. But I guess it would be cool to have a girl, while I'm out preaching to someone else how to get one.

I didn't see it that way until Rae said something.

She basically said "practice what you preach".... Being single meant I really wasn't doing that. I had a couple one night stands and all, just having "fun".

I didn't see it as hypocritical, though. Sure, I was single, but I wasn't necessarily LOOKING for anyone; they were. I chose the profession I'm in because I KNOW all about it. I am a real relationship expert; I went to school for it, so it's not like I don't know what I'm talking about.

For an 18 year old, Rae really was wise beyond her years. Even though it's mostly ME giving HER advice, sometimes she winds up dropping a few gems on me and it really makes me see things differently.

I get out of the shower, wrap myself in a towel, and saunter to my cellphone.

"1 missed call" it displayed.

I looked to see who it was from.

Rae.

I called her back.

"Yo." I said, once Rae picked up.

"You doin' anything tonight? I want you to meet my girlfriend."

"Ah, I wish I WAS available tonight, but I'm not."

"Aw, I really wanted you to meet Remy."

"It's cool, I can do it another time. Tonight, I am going on a date."

"Heh, a DATE? You gon' actually try to be in a relationship with this girl?"

"Hell, no. My friend said it's a stud. I don't do those, no offense to you and yours." i say.

"None taken, although you should consider the quotes 'Never say never' and 'Don't knock it 'til you try it'. I was the same way once, but it's really not that bad." Rae suggested.

"Well, it still ain't for me. I love me a feminine girl, and feminine girls only." I said, matter-of-factly.

"I love me a lil' pretty fem, too. That's all Remy is once the clothes come off."

"TMI. Tee. Em. Eye."

"Sorry. But one day, you will eat your words, Mick."

"That'll be the day Hell freezes over." I said.

"Call me later, aight?"

"Will do. Love you, bye."

"Love you back, bye." She said, hanging up.

I sit my phone down and pick out the best lady suit I have.

Then I go into my bathroom and start to blow dry my hair.

I have music playing through the condo so I'm putting on a concert for myself in the bathroom.

Eventually I am dressed, and I check myself in the mirror. Not bad, Mick. Not bad. I was sporting a cute, tight bun with some stylish glasses I bought a year ago. Paired that up with my Beige and maroon suit. Nobody can tell me SHIT, alright?

I glance at the clock. It's 6:37... Might as well head out, seeing that the date is at 8 and Sydney lives near the location of our date. I turn everything off, grab my keys, wallet, and cellphone and head out.

Once I get to her door, I knock and when the door opens, Syd's mouth is wide open. "I know I tell you this every time, but you are too cute! Looking dapper!" I chuckle knowingly. "I know. Heh, thanks. You gon' let me in, or nah?"

She chuckles. "Yeah, come on in."

"Nervous?" She asks.

"More like irritated. I'm just tryna get this date over with. Me actually having a date with a STUD... Can't believe this shit. I really gotta learn to say 'no'. " I said.

"You won't because you love me."

"Hah, whatever." I said, grumpily.

"Man, by the end of the date, you'll be THANKING me. Thank me later, Mick."

"Oh, we referrin' to Drake albums now? Huh? After I get back, I'll be like "Nothing Was the Same" because I'd rather wine and dine a nice, curvy, feminine woman. Hmph."

"Well, I liked the creativity of how you included the album name in there ."

"You did? Thanks." I said, cheesing.

After a while of Syd reassuring me that I would absolutely love her friend, I look at my watch. 7:34. "Man, lemme head out to this dinner date. I'll relay details later."

"Okay." She says, and watches me walk to my car.

*Inside the restaurant*

"Hi, I'm here for a meeting? Uh, my friend told me she made reservations?"

"I can see." Said the hostess. "Last name?"

"Tellis." I say.

"She looks through the computer.

"Oh, yes. Right this way. She leads me to a table in the back, away from most of the tables in the restaurant. No one was here yet, so the waiter said she'd give me a few minutes to look over the menu and stuff. She then floats away back to the hostess stand.

I look around the restaurant to see that it's a hibachi place. I always loved coming to these types of restaurants when I was younger. I look at my watch for the 2nd time... It's 7:56... Where is this girl? Smfh, wouldn't it makes sense to get to a date earlier than the other? Or at least TRY?

I wasn't feeling this at ALL. Finally 8:01 rolls around.

I see the same hostess bring my date over to the table and walks off.

I give her a fake smile.

"Hey, there. It's 8:02.... Date was supposed to start at 8."

"Sorry, my daughter isn't in the best of health. "

Way to make me feel like shit, woman.

"Oh, aight. "

She sticks her hand out. "I'm Duchesne, or Chez, by the way."

"Oh, creative name. I'm one of three hundred seventy five million Michaelas of the world. I go by Micki, though."

She smiles.

"Like Mickey Mouse!"

"Yeah, kinda." I say.

"When did you get here?" Chez asks.

"Around 7:45."

"That earl-- oh my God, I am SO sorry that you had to wait. I'm really not someone that's late alot but I have a kid. She comes first."

"I respect that, but you could've called or something."

She just shrugs her shoulders and eyes the menu. I roll my eyes and I look at mine, too.

I ordered shrimp and steak.

"I'll have the same, with a beer." said Chez.

"I'll have a lemonade." i said to the waiter.

After he walks off, Chez eyes me. " A lemonade? What are you, 12?"

"I don't drink." I said, shifting in my seat. I'm REALLY not feeling this date. She's annoying.

"Why not? Don't tell me it's because of religion."

"Why would that even matter? I don't want an alcoholic drink. So I'm not gonna order one." i said, with obvious annoyance in my tone.

"I'm sensing that you're not comfortable."

"I'm on a date with an annoying stranger. Am I supposed to be comfortable in that environment?"

"Judging already, huh? We just met 12 minutes ago."

"I don't know what you want me to do... First impressions are important, Duchesne. And my impression of you is negative."

"You don't KNOW me all the way, babe."

"Micki." I correct her.

"Well, I get the sense that you're stuck up."

I shrug my shoulders. "I'm just annoyed with this whole situation."

"Then let's make it into something that works for both of us."

"What?" i ask in total confusion.

"This doesn't have to be a 'date', is what I'm saying. We're just two women meeting for the first time over a meal. "

I shrug. I had to admit, I was feeling slightly comfortable now.

"So where are you from?" she asks.

"This very neighborhood." I said.

"You work?"

"Yeah."

"Okay, if this is gonna work, I can't be the only one asking questions." Chez said.

"Sorry, this is throwing me off. I can't believe I'm here with a stud, it's fuckin' me up."

Chez just laughs. "Remember what I said, don't think about that. We're not together, we're just here to talk at the request of our friend."

"Fine. How do you know Sydney?"

I ask.

"High school."

"Seriously? I've never seen you."

"Yes you have. I used to be all femmy and shit. I've seen you in the hallways but we've just never really MET."

"I thought everybody knew my name 'cause I was on YouTube and everybody knew it."

"I didn't. I had a daughter to raise, I wasn't worried about the buzz about you."

She said, shrugging.

"And everyone was talkin' shit, saying YOU were gonna be on Teen Mom."

"Yeah, but the fact remains that Im still not famous yet, so-" she said, and we both laughed.

"See? I'm really not that bad."

"You're right." I said, recovering.

"The fuck were you doing on YouTube?"

"Man, I was rapping and talkin' about shit, nothing spectacular."

"Channel name?"

"Ickymicki" I said, with my eyes shut.

Chez bursts out laughing. "Fuck you, that was creative and I took pride in that."

"Ha ha!"

"I was like, fourteen when I made that up, calm down."

Laughter still comes from Duchesne's throat.

"Oh my God."

*Later that Night*

"I had a good time, man. How 'bout you."

"I had a good time today too." I replied.

"So, what do you say to hangin' out again? Minus the nice suits. In a more... Casual setting."

"I'm cool with that." I said, and with that she gave me her number and I gave her mine. She'd make a nice, new friend.

Once I got back to Syd's house, she was already at the door, smiling.

"Chez is cute, ain't she?"

I smile a bit as I remember her medium length curly hair. She left it down and paired it with a cute little lady suit, except hers was black, just like her hair . "I can't lie, man, she looks great."

"Eh, see, what did I tell you?"

"I only see her as a friend, though."

"That's fine. But I think y'all will grow to be more over time."

"Nah, I highly doubt that. I TOLD you, I like fems and fems only, dawg."

"Whatever, Mick. You know I'm right."

Syd said, rolling her eyes.