Status: I wrote this story literal years ago. Updates will be slow, lol.

Micki Wall, Matchmaker

Ah, dammit.

The next time Chez called me, I ignored her calls. The night we had sex, I came home, not saying a word about it to Sydney. And I prayed Chez would keep quiet about it. I hated being proved wrong.
I'll admit that.
I was trying to tell myself I didn't like Chez like that, and maybe I didn't, but I would be lying if I said I didn't enjoy it. I felt a little weird at times since I'm usually the aggressor, but hell, Chez showed me a new world, basically.
But then she texted me.
"I need to talk to you. In person. Please call me." the text read. I just shook my head at myself. I really should have moved out of the way when she reached for me. This was just too much for me to even handle, bruh. Seeing her name on my phone makes me remember when we fucked, and I start to sweat and try to shake those feelings off.
I take a deep breath and dial her number.
I stop and put the phone down instead. I was too nervous to deal with her right now.
I hear a knock on the door. It's probably Sydney. She went home three days ago, after we were both sure that she'd be okay by herself.
I open the door and instantly regret not looking through the peephole. Standing in front of me was Duchesne.
Dressed in a red polo and tan pants, and her hair down, she looked great.
"How in the hell did you find out where I live?"
"Sydney." She says, coming in.
Goddammit. "Chez, did you tell her what happened?"
"No, I don't kiss and tell. I kiss and make people yell, there's a difference."
I roll my eyes.
"I came over because I had to see you. After that night, I haven't been able to sleep right."
"Mmm, I was that good, huh? It's kinda sad that it was only a one time thing. We can go back to being just friends now."
"Look, Mick. I've liked you since the bowling alley date. I think the other night, we had something REAL. I wanna try us out, I want you to meet my daughter, my mom... I want you to be mine, babe."
She caressed my arm while doing so.
"Lemme think about it, okay?" I say.
"Sure, take as long as you need. Look, I gotta go, I'm on the clock in ten minutes."
"Alright." I said, looking down.
Chez grabs me by the shirt and kisses me as passionately as she could, hoping to sway me towards committing to her.
With the last kiss, she pulled away slowly, wanting to leave me wanting more. And I did. Fuck! I watched her walk off and I sank in my couch. I hated that she wanted me to make a decision but was grateful that she didn't give me an ultimatum. I also hated that I might not get to use Skylar's number after all.

-

Later that night, I called Sydney over to see how she was doing with the whole Macy thing. "I'm alright, I feel better now. I still wish I could see her, but what am I gonna do?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "Ready to go back to work?"

"Yeah, it'll be a little weird though, considering we met there."

"Hey, you might meet your next there." I suggest.

"Nah, I wanna meet my new woman somewhere random, like a grocery store, where she needs help reaching the milk or something so she asks me to get it for her." Sydney replies. I chuckle. "It'll probably be a little minute, though." she says again. Hopefully this helps her to appreciate people more when they are alive because even though Sydney is my best friend, she was really not a good girlfriend. She always said she would work on this and become a better "spouse" to Macy, and now she's gone. So next time, she better not do the shit she did to her. Macy will probably be proud of Sydney becoming a better person, although she won't get to witness it.

"You hit that stripper girl up yet?" Sydney asked. I shook my head. "Nah, she's not really my type."

Except she was my fucking type.

"You're lying! That girl was basically offering you the vagina and you over here wasting time, not tasting it!" She chuckled. I won't pretend like I wasn't dumbfounded when she walked over to me in that bikini, showing herself off to me. But the fact of the matter is, I had the best sex of my life a couple of days ago and I didn't necessarily think Skylar could give me that. She probably expects me to give HER mind-blowing sex, but fact of the matter is, I wanna be pleased, too. I never had an issue with going at it with a Pillow Princess, but after what Chez showed me, it's a REQUIREMENT that whomever is gonna want ME munching on THEM, they have to be willing to reciprocate. "Been talking to Chez?" she asks. I cough. "Whew, my throat is dry as hell, hand me that Capri Sun over there, please. But uh... yeah. We... talk and stuff."

Sydney reaches for the Capri Sun and grabs herself one, and slides one to me. "Oh, okay." she said. No further questions. I felt sort of bad for not telling her the whole truth, but I absolutely do not need her throwing this whole thing in my face. I'm still not all that comfortable with saying that I might actually like her.

I pick up my phone and scroll down my Instagram feed. Chez had posted a throwback photo of when she had dreads... she was with some people we used to go to school with, second to last in the picture. I tried not to stare at the photo for too long, because Sydney is across the table, and it would raise suspicion. There's really no reason for her to be that fine. Just absolutely NO reason. I knew that people wondered the same thing about me, but Chez was absolutely fucking gorgeous in "menswear". If there is a God, surely Duchesne knows Him, because He hooked her UP! He chose her gene pool VERY carefully! And I guess he hooked me up too, for having us cross paths. Thanks, bruh. You da man.

I finally peel my eyes away from my phone and Sydney is over there smirking. "Who you lookin' at, Michaela?" She asked, with a look of complete satisfaction. I furrowed my eyebrows. "Beyoncé... why?"

"You're not staring at a picture of Beyoncé that damn hard." She waved her phone. "I follow Chez too. You can't fool me."

SHITSHITSHIT THINK OF SOMETHING, MICK! . "Well, I already said she was cute, so there's that." I say, without any facial expression.

"Mhm, whatever." she said, smiling. I only shrug. I would never give her a reason to think I liked Chez any more than a friend, JUST because I found her attractive. I think Sydney's cute, but as she can see, I'm not drooling over HER.

--

"Are we an item?" Chez sang along to Justin Bieber's "Baby". "Yeah, we can try this whole thing out." "Awesome." she says, and leans in for a kiss. I kiss her, and then I get up and head to the kitchen, when she slaps my ass. "Wait a minute, wait a minute... still getting used to THAT type of shit." I said, while she laughed. I was always one to slap the ass, not necessarily the other way around.